September 2013 Moms
Options

Frozen food, what do you do?

I usually let the food thaw in the fridge than heat it in warm water but when I forget to take it out and need to feed her I warm it up in the microwave but I guess it's not reccomended. How do you thaw and prepare LOs food from frozen?

Re: Frozen food, what do you do?

• Options
    @jnetx‌ the only thing I can think of would be hot pockets but as long as it's stirred properly it should be fine? I only go 10 second increments between stirring so I'm keeping it at a safe temperature.

My sisters been trying to tell me that there's other reasons why it's not as safe or healthy but I can't seem to find very much research on it other than the physical safety of hot pockets in the food. That's why I was curious what everyone else is doing?
  • Options
    I was so confused when I read "hot pockets" bc I thought you meant the bread things with pepperoni inside or something.

Now that I realize what you mean I would suggest stirring baby's food so it is heated evenly before giving to him or her.

If I am hearing something frozen I microwave water and set the food in the bowl to thaw out. Just like I do my frozen breast milk

BFP #1 11/07/2012 EDD 07/09/2013 M/C 11/22/2012

BFP #2 02/05/2013 EDD 09/19/2013 Arrived via c-section 09/27/2013

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Mmm hot pockets. Yum.

I microwave and stir. NBD.
    DS: 2/17/11          DD: 9/4/13
  • Options
    I take the frozen cub and microwave on defrost probably 20 seconds then I'll do 10 seconds of regular microwave and it's usually a little warm but not hot. I also stir and test the temp on my lip from a few spots to make sure it's evenly heated.
  • Options
    Microwave and stir in small increments.
  • Options
    Adrd47 said:
    I thaw in the fridge, then microwave, stir & let it sit for a minute.
    This exactly. I let it sit for a bit before serving too, while I get her in her seat.

• Options
    thedash said:
    Mmm hot pockets. Yum. I microwave and stir. NBD.
    Ditto all this.  Love me some ham & cheese hot pockets.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Married 12/8/07 | Sleeve Gastrectomy 10/19/09
    BFP#1 DD born 3/9/11 | BFP#4 DD born 9/20/13
    BFP#2 6/21/12, M/C at 5w2d | BFP#3 11/27/12, M/C at 6w6d
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"