Babies on the Brain

Baby Talk

My husband and I will be married one year this June and we've had the talk about when we will try to conceive (which will be after I finish my Grad degree Spring 15). But I am trying like crazy to get over the insane baby fever I have right now. We have a dog and his name is Kermit. I know a lot of people say to get a dog because that will help ease the longing for children in some cases. But we've had Kermit for going on 2 years now and taking care of him only makes me want children more. I find that I sometimes even start treating Kermit like a little baby. I swear I baby him far too much sometimes and it's silly because even I laugh at myself.

I am just wondering what other ideas you all may have with trying to calm my baby fever!
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Baby Talk

• Best way to try and ignore is to invest your thoughts into achieving a goal. Like finishing your Grad degree... THANK HOW AWESOME it will be to graduate and finish school with no distractions right now.. Just think of this coming year as time to get things ready and finished with your schooling so your baby will have a well educated mother who already has or will have a great career when it is born. HOPE that helps. IT IS SOOO tough to get over baby fever... Believe me I know from experience. Maybe try a new series on Netflix to get your mind off of it for awhile.

baby development
  • I love the advice 8411mommy, thank you! I think I have gone through about 5 series on Netflix recently, but that certainly does help. And also I agree, I am busting my hump with a 4.0 right now and thinking of those future kiddos and the beautiful future I hope to give them with this education and promising career. Thank you!
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Your very welcome girl! Have you ever seen the show DEXTER?! Gah I love that show on netflix.. I just started season 5 of it.. I think they have 8 or so seasons so maybe that will take your mind off of it for a while. :)

baby development
  • I haven't!! Ive heard it was so good! I have been debating between that, Scandal, and Orange is the New Black. My hubs started watching Breaking Bad while Im at classes at night so that one is not on my list until he is done. 
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Breaking bad is good as well. The hubby started watching that last year. & If you have never seen it before SONS OF ANARCHY is a must as well.

baby development
  • I started Dexter!!! OMGosh it is fantastic and the best part is I don't get the urge to snack because it grosses me out, haha! Great show though and wonderful suggestion! It is certainly keeping baby off my brain.

The reason I won't watch Breaking Bad at the moment is because my husband is too far in and with Netflix, if I begin watching it, it will mess up where my husband has bookmarked where he left off. He likes to have a show to watch while I am in classes at night. It gives him some bro time with the dog, lol. But he told me its great and I should watch it, so maybe when he is done. I'd jump right in but I know how losing your place can be frustrating when you just want to sit down and start watching where you left off.

Great suggestions though! Love it!
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Another suggestions is some kind of physical activity.  I do co-rec soccer, which would be impossible to do pregnant.  I signed up for an 8 week league that will finish up right when we want to TTC, so I have a weekly countdown.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"