Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

modern grief processing*ticker warning*

stephy1221stephy1221 member
edited March 2014 in Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
So of course we are all here on this board so we know this is one way the internet has changed the way we process our grief.

I also set up a private interest board with some amazing quotes and articles. There are so many pins and boards about pregnancy loss, it hurts my heart. I know too there are so many more that I don't see because they are private like mine.

I also have a butterfly album with us pics, a bump pic (bloat pic), pic of the flowers dh got me after bfp etc.

How about you all? My grief definitely has a larger online life than offline.
 Daisypath Anniversary tickers        Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Oct Angel*BFP 1/25/14 * EDD 10/6/14 * US#1 2/26/14 *US#2 3/3/14 no heartbeat*d&c 3/12/14*

BFP 1/17/15 * EDD 9/30/15

Re: modern grief processing*ticker warning*

• *auto corrected* shutterfly not butterfly and pinterest not interest.

Oct Angel*BFP 1/25/14 * EDD 10/6/14 * US#1 2/26/14 *US#2 3/3/14 no heartbeat*d&c 3/12/14*

• *Ticker Warning*

As weird as this is, the best way I grief over my loss is to talk to people about it. I am not looking for people to feel sorry for me, I just don't like keeping things to myself that are bothering me. Also, I have been on both ends where I had a friend who lost a child and had a lot of questions, but knew asking too much would upset her. So, I understood a little bit more when my family and friends would ask me questions about my loss.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • @pinkrose1012 I think that is great. I have such a hard time still even saying the words without breaking down. Only a few people in my life know and I do plan on telling more when I can. I can't stand the thought that this little brief life would only exist to a few people but I just can't talk yet.

• tl;dr - I grieve more offline.

I've dealt with losses both before and after I started using any social media, and the only things I do online that I didn't do offline is this message board. I write in my blog now instead of in a physical journal and I am on here a LOT. I talk about my loss when it's bothering me to people IRL just as I would talk about anything else that was happening in my life. When I start feeling bad I try to do something useful.

I don't like to keep u/s photos after a loss. Maybe it's harsh, but I just can't handle it. My OB now doesn't even print them off except at the anatomy scan and I'm so thankful for that. I carried around Jackson's baby blanket with me for years, but two years ago I was at Walmart and it was freezing out and I was in line behind a couple with a little baby boy and they were searching for change just to buy him diapers and formula. He had a ragged blanket and no coat, so I decided then that it was time to give it up and I gave it to them. Whenever I start missing my babies I've decided to just do something to help babies that are struggling. I donate boxes of diapers or formula to the women's shelter a lot.

It's the only way I've found to make me feel better no matter what. I've decided to get a tattoo to symbolize all my losses, though. After this loss I just feel like I want to have something with me, and I don't wear jewelry. I don't know. I'm still working on a design.

Sorry, I got really long winded there.
    Son: Jackson, 11/02/06, stillborn due to PPROM and IUGR. Over the next ten years we had 9 miscarriages from 8-14 weeks. On May 18, 2016 my daughter, Ridley, was born. We're OADNBC.
  • EllyD14 said:
    tl;dr - I grieve more offline.

I carried around Jackson's baby blanket with me for years, but two years ago I was at Walmart and it was freezing out and I was in line behind a couple with a little baby boy and they were searching for change just to buy him diapers and formula. He had a ragged blanket and no coat, so I decided then that it was time to give it up and I gave it to them. Whenever I start missing my babies I've decided to just do something to help babies that are struggling. I donate boxes of diapers or formula to the women's shelter a lot.

This is so moving. You brought tears to my eyes. You are one strong mamma.

• qanda2013 said:
     My friends with kids don't know what to say and usually end up saying something stupid (aka: little miss "This is the best thing that could have happened, you should just be a wife for a while". Wow.)
    Shut the front door! Wow, just wow.I am mentally hugging you while smacking her upside the head.

• @ellyd14 if you have any designs in mind for the tattoo and are open to sharing them I would love to see them. I am not getting one but my closest friend has been working on a sleeve over the last year and I have been helping her pick choices so I have an appreciation for tattoo design.

• @ellyd14 if you have any designs in mind for the tattoo and are open to sharing them I would love to see them. I am not getting one but my closest friend has been working on a sleeve over the last year and I have been helping her pick choices so I have an appreciation for tattoo design.
    @stephy1221 Right now I'm thinking about putting 9 *safkas in some sort of arrangement and probably just a black outline, no color. I haven't even decided where I want to get it yet, though.

*Safkas are the little guys from the XBLA game ilomilo. It's a really fun and cute puzzle game. Ilo and Milo used to dance in my siggy, but after my loss I had to change it. But in the game Ilo and Milo are stuck on opposite sides of the map and you have to get them to meet up and there are Safkas in each level that you collect along the way. Here's a picture of them.
    Son: Jackson, 11/02/06, stillborn due to PPROM and IUGR. Over the next ten years we had 9 miscarriages from 8-14 weeks. On May 18, 2016 my daughter, Ridley, was born. We're OADNBC.
  • @ellyd14 I remember them from your siggy and always wondered what they were. I love the symbolism of them being stuck apart and trying to bring them together.

• qanda2013 said:
    My friends with kids don't know what to say and usually end up saying something stupid (aka: little miss "This is the best thing that could have happened, you should just be a wife for a while". Wow.)
    I actually cringed when I read this...unbelievable...

Married: 9/25/10
    TTC # 1 since 5/2013
    BFP # 1: 2/7/14, mmc 3/12/14, D&C 3/19/14
    Boy, Trisomy 13, Karyotyping and Genetic Testing all normal
    Hysteroscopy and D&C 6/2/14, retained tissue
    Off the bench 7/14
    BFP # 2: 10/3/14, Blighted ovum, D&C 11/12/14
    Girl, no chromosomal abnormalities detected
    RPL Testing: Pre-diabetic, ANA+
    "I carry your heart with me (I carry it in my heart) I am never without it." - e.e. cummings

• ambmamaambmama member
    edited March 2014
    @EllyD14‌ you had me in tears! What you are doing is beautiful!

BFP #1: 05/2012 DS born 12/30/12

BFP #2: 02/2014 Natural M/C 03/2014 @ 7 weeks

BFP #3: 06/2014 EDD: 02/17/2015 M/C @ 7w2d, D&E 7/15/14

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• " I carried around Jackson's baby blanket with me for years, but two years ago I was at Walmart and it was freezing out and I was in line behind a couple with a little baby boy and they were searching for change just to buy him diapers and formula. He had a ragged blanket and no coat, so I decided then that it was time to give it up and I gave it to them. Whenever I start missing my babies I've decided to just do something to help babies that are struggling. I donate boxes of diapers or formula to the women's shelter a lot. "

Amazing. Totally amazing. Wow.
    Agree!!!! I teared up. @EllyD14‌, ILY!

I really also love the idea of donating. I know not everyone here is religious, but the idea still applies. I was listening to Joyce Meyer while working out a while back and she was talking about how her mama always pushed her to do for others when she felt rotten. I've tried it and I agree that I helps. Thanks for the reminder. I think we will do that this week.

PG#1 - 3rd cycle BFP. Team Green. HELLP syndrome @ 34 weeks.
    Later diagnosed with Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, possible link to HELLP.

PG#2 M/C 3/14 - Surprise BFP 2/13. Beta's doubled every 52 hours from 3w5d-5w5d
    Viable pregnancy scan at 5w5d; 2nd u/s showed 2 days of growth in 7 but a HB of 120
    3rd u/s on 3/10/14 had no HB and baby had only grown 7 days over 14
    D&C 3/17/14 - complications - DX Retroflexed uterus, multiple tears to cervix

All Welcome

Chart

• @ellyd14 I remember them from your siggy and always wondered what they were. I love the symbolism of them being stuck apart and trying to bring them together.

Also, this.

(((Hugs)))

PG#1 - 3rd cycle BFP. Team Green. HELLP syndrome @ 34 weeks.
    Later diagnosed with Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, possible link to HELLP.

PG#2 M/C 3/14 - Surprise BFP 2/13. Beta's doubled every 52 hours from 3w5d-5w5d
    Viable pregnancy scan at 5w5d; 2nd u/s showed 2 days of growth in 7 but a HB of 120
    3rd u/s on 3/10/14 had no HB and baby had only grown 7 days over 14
    D&C 3/17/14 - complications - DX Retroflexed uterus, multiple tears to cervix

All Welcome

Chart

• I agree about doing nice things for others. A friend of mine has kids who are doing a food drive for charity and I gave them all the rest of the healthier/organic canned goods and cereal that I bought when I first found out I was pregnant. It was a nice way to both get rid of reminders and also know that I was (in a small way) helping others.
    Me: 41, DH: 42, married 2009
    BFP #1: 12/05/2012; EDD 08/09/2013; MC 01/2013 (missed, D&C)
    BFP #2: 12/19/2013; EDD 08/25/2014; MC 01/2014 (natural)
  • I am an open person and have found that it has helped me to talk about things. I have found the greatest support online, as my friends have all seemed to vanish recently. I am sure they are just giving space but it would be nice if they just sent a message saying "thinking of you" or something. 

I really would like to give back somehow. Not sure what at this point, but will be doing something to volunteer to help others in this situation. 

I don't have any tattoos but have been thinking about it. Thinking about birds sitting on a branch (for the 3 of us) and having one flying to symbolize Harper.
  • nohalo21 said:

I don't have any tattoos but have been thinking about it. Thinking about birds sitting on a branch (for the 3 of us) and having one flying to symbolize Harper.
    This is a really cute idea!
  • EllyD14 said:

tl;dr - I grieve more offline.

I've dealt with losses both before and after I started using any social media, and the only things I do online that I didn't do offline is this message board. I write in my blog now instead of in a physical journal and I am on here a LOT. I talk about my loss when it's bothering me to people IRL just as I would talk about anything else that was happening in my life. When I start feeling bad I try to do something useful.

I don't like to keep u/s photos after a loss. Maybe it's harsh, but I just can't handle it. My OB now doesn't even print them off except at the anatomy scan and I'm so thankful for that. I carried around Jackson's baby blanket with me for years, but two years ago I was at Walmart and it was freezing out and I was in line behind a couple with a little baby boy and they were searching for change just to buy him diapers and formula. He had a ragged blanket and no coat, so I decided then that it was time to give it up and I gave it to them. Whenever I start missing my babies I've decided to just do something to help babies that are struggling. I donate boxes of diapers or formula to the women's shelter a lot.

It's the only way I've found to make me feel better no matter what. I've decided to get a tattoo to symbolize all my losses, though. After this loss I just feel like I want to have something with me, and I don't wear jewelry. I don't know. I'm still working on a design.

Sorry, I got really long winded there.

***LIVING CHILD MENTIONED***
    I decided I wanted to do something nice for a baby 'in need'. I'm still breast feeding my 15 month old. I did some research and will be providing donor milk to NICU and sick babies or babies in need of milk. Tomorrow morning is my first 'drop off'. I will be donating 70 ounces of my breast milk to a baby (and mama) in need. It has truly lifted my spirits in such an amazing way. Just looking at the beautiful little girl that will be nourished in some way by my body makes me feel like my body hasn't truly failed me after all.

Just wanted to share. I'm actually really excited about tomorrow. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"