April 2014 Moms
Options

He's here! My St. Patty's Day boy.

Hi ladies, I'm so excited to announce that my sweet boy Everett made his debut on Monday morning. I was 38w, so he was a lovely two weeks early.

For those who like the details, I had been having intensifying BH contractions for two weeks prior. At my Thursday appointment my cervix was still "high, long, and closed." I was very grumpy about that and even cried. I started drinking raspberry leaf tea and taking evening primrose oil to feel like I was at least trying something to nudge my cervix along. Not sure if those (or the full moon!) had any effect, but at 3:30am Monday morning my water broke after I was up with insomnia eating a sandwich. I woke DH and we made it to the hospital by about 6am. At that point, my contractions were about 2.5 minutes apart and intensifying.

I labored standing up leaning against the raised bed until 7cm when I asked for the epidural. As soon as the epi was placed and working they checked my cervix again and I was complete and ready to push. Baby boy was in my arms 20 minutes later! 

I want to wish you all the best in the last weeks of your pregnancies. Relief is in sight ladies!! Your squishy babies will be here soon!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: He's here! My St. Patty's Day boy.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"