October 2012 Moms
Options

S/o meals, how many?

I weaned DS from BFing completely 2 weeks ago.  Everywhere I read, it recommends feeding your toddler 3 meals + 2 snacks a day.  Before I stopped BFing (just a morning session), DS was getting 5 "meals" a day.  Now that we've stopped, we are actually down to 4 a day (B,L,S,D).  Every time I tried to add in an extra snack, DS just doesn't seem to be hungry enough for dinner (read: becomes pickier at dinner).  I feel a bit guilty on one hand (potentially 'starving' DS to get him to eat better at dinner), but OTOH it seems to work better for us.  

DS is still taking 2 naps a day, so in order to get in him 5 meals a day, I'm basically feeding him every 2 hours when he's awake.

Just curious how many meals you/your childcare provider give?
TTC since 10/2008  RE consult 6/2010 Dx:Unexplaied IF

Failed multiple cycles of Clomid+TI and Clomid+IUI

3/2011 inj+IUI #1 BFP. 4/2011 missed m/c. 

Fall 2011 inj+IUI #2&3 BFN

Jan/Feb 2012 IVF#1 BFP 2/23  EDD 10/31/2012 ~~~ Halloween ~~~

Our IVF miracle, Baby Boy M, arrived on 11/8/2012!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: S/o meals, how many?

• Options
    Elijah eats three meals a day and 2-3 snacks a day. My little man loves his food.
  • Options
    Wesley usually has breakfast around 730, snack at 9, lunch between 1130 - 1 depending on if nap was before or after lunch, snack around 330 and then dinner around 6.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    CnAnACnAnA member
    Depends on her mood. Some days its B,L,S,D. Some days she snacks aaaalllll freaking day between meals. Some days she doesn't snack at all. But usually there is at least the afternoon snack.

After 7 years of no ovulation...
    BFP#1 10/24/11 ~ EDD 6/29/12 ~ Natural m/c 11/2/11
    BFP#2 2/3/12 ~ Alice born 9/26/12

Oct Angel Babies
  • Options
    We did B, S, L, S, D but now that he is mostly sleeping one nap, we skip the snack after breakfast and eat an early lunch. He does snack a lot between lunch and dinner, but I noticed that if dinner is something he really wants to eat, he will eat a full meal regardless.
  • Options
    We do 3 meals, 2 snacks. He is also still nursing 2x a day (morning and night). He eats breakfast at 730ish, snack around 930, lunch around 1130/12, snack around 330, dinner around 530. SO he is eating every 2-3 hours, lol. The snacks are usually things like cheerios/dried fruit in a snack trap, or a cheese stick, so nothing heavy duty or big cleanup. 

I do try to stick to snacks/meals at food time though. I personally don't want to get into the habit of him eating whenever, wherever--I think that makes him less hungry at mealtimes and also makes snacking seem like something he can do when he's bored. Just my opinion (although TBH it's probably not really even something I need to worry about til he's much older). 

Anniversary

TTC #2 since July 2014
    BFP 9/27/14
    MMC discovered 10/27/14, D&C 11/4/14
  • Options
    I aim for 3 meals 2 snacks. However it goes more like b s. S lunch or big snack s s then diner which he doesn't usually eat much of then milk before bed. He was I better eater then cut a bunch of teeth and got bad.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    RVASC811 said:
    I do try to have her eat at the table and not carry food around, so that she is intentionally eating.
    This is us too. I read Fearless Feeding and one of their take-home points is to have structured meal time and snack time.  So all meals and snacks are consumed in his highchair, and only at pre-determined time.  I feel that if he gets to snack all day long when he wants, he won't really want to eat at mealtimes 

Our schedule is like this:
    8am breakfast
    12'ish lunch
    2:30p snack
    6:30p dinner

We try to stick with this schedule on most days.  But once he goes down to 1 nap, we'll definitely have a different schedule then.
    TTC since 10/2008  RE consult 6/2010 Dx:Unexplaied IF

Failed multiple cycles of Clomid+TI and Clomid+IUI

3/2011 inj+IUI #1 BFP. 4/2011 missed m/c. 

Fall 2011 inj+IUI #2&3 BFN

Jan/Feb 2012 IVF#1 BFP 2/23  EDD 10/31/2012 ~~~ Halloween ~~~

Our IVF miracle, Baby Boy M, arrived on 11/8/2012!
  • Options
    Except for when he is sick he eats 3meals 2snacks now don't worry about snacks offer if he refuses he will not starve himself
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"