July 2012 Moms

FC

2»

Re: FC

• I hate my class. Hate them. There are days I wonder why I'm showing up. Some kids are so bad that they make me miserable, some have lives so sad it makes me depressed and other's lack of common sense drives me crazy. They say teachers leave after 5 years. This is my 5th year. I'm sad I feel this way because I do love teaching but I feel like this class is just telling me I just can't hack it. I also feel guilty because I wanted to be hired back so bad and now I can't find anything positive about this year.
    @fishybride82 - I'm sorry you're having a bad year! I left teaching after 5 years, though I might go back one of these days, and the 4th year was impossibly hard for me as well. Tough classes, insane schedule, no classroom, etc etc. My only advice is don't quit on a bad year, because then you'll never want to go back. I stuck it out for one more year and I'm glad I did, because I actually had some of the sweetest kids ever that year. If the only positive part of this year is that it's almost over, think of that to get through it!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'm almost 35 weeks pregnant now and I'm ready to be DONE. DS was 2 weeks early and I'm hoping for (well, planning on) this one being early too. If he's born after 38 weeks or is even late, I don't know how I'm going to cope.

I also really don't want an induction because pitocin contracts are so, so much worse than real ones.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • SallySunriseSallySunrise member
    edited March 2014
    @nesenotes‌ my comments were not directed specifically to you, and I'm not out to change your mind or anyone else's. I one million percent respect your right to make your own informed decision.

Often, women think they are informed, but unfortunately they are given inaccurate information which is not based on evidence. That is why I like to share articles: not to change anyone's mind, but to provide the right information so they can make the best choice for THEM.

It's super awesome to know how much value you see in the work that I do though, so thanks a ton for the meme.

• nesenotesnesenotes member
    edited March 2014
    Girl! If you can dish it you need to be able to take it. This wasn't a debate. Not anything close to it. This was a bunch of us talking and sharing feelings. When you want to start bringing articles into the mix it becomes a debate. I know you don't like to portray yourself as holier than thou but it's instances where you can't just lighten up that it comes off that way. And I'm saying this in the nicest way possible. I really like you @sallysunrise. I like the sally that is sally and not just a super 100% perfect that knows everything about birth because I'm sally the doula person. That's my 2 cents.

You can be a little pushy. That's all. The meme is to lighten it up.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Married: 5/21/05 **~** Emery Aylin 6/30/12

BFP#1-11/5/10- Surgery for ectopic pregnancy 11/15/10 BFP#2-11/1/11 Due 7/8/12 Born 6/30/12
    Oops we did it again... BFP 03/23/14 Due 12/6/14 Nora Born 11/23/14
  • I like you too @nesenotes, and that's why it hurt my feelings! I hate that you think I'm pushy. I'm not perfect, that's for damn sure.

• SallySunriseSallySunrise member
    edited March 2014
    Jeeze y'all, nothing's goin down, I just got my feelings hurt. No big, nothing new. Carry on.

• nesenotesnesenotes member
    edited March 2014
    @corgimum‌ you know the way to my heart is through housewives gifs :x
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Married: 5/21/05 **~** Emery Aylin 6/30/12

BFP#1-11/5/10- Surgery for ectopic pregnancy 11/15/10 BFP#2-11/1/11 Due 7/8/12 Born 6/30/12
    Oops we did it again... BFP 03/23/14 Due 12/6/14 Nora Born 11/23/14
  • briderx said:

I have no idea how to gif from my phone.

FC's I taught Aubrey to call my wine Mommy's juice.

I always worry that DS is the kid in class that makes teachers want to quit.

I have zero desire to have ST and DH is getting pissed about it.

And if it's not obvious I've been feeling more anxious lately :(

I loved it simply for mommys juice!

• @ALou9785‌ I drank wine with you! Brilliant wine thoughts you have!

• KarmBKarmB member
    jnoone said:
    @lewispm - Same here about the lack of gyno visits, and my 1st visit was just before my wedding as well! Ugh, I'm so bad about making dr. appointments for myself.

@fishybride82 - I'm sorry you're having such a rough year.  I am in my 10th year, and this group is sooo hard.  Most weeks, it's all I can do to get to Friday.  What helps me is to remember that my 1st grade teacher was the one who inspired me, and there's a teensy-weensy chance that I'm doing that for one of my students (whether it was someone in a previous class, or in my current class).  I don't want to screw up that possibility by being overwhelmed by all the negative.  You're 3rd grade, right?  Your kids will only know 3rd grade from you- find ways to make the last few months worth all your time and energy!  Don't just focus on making it to the last day! :)

FC - (see above - I can love all my kids, behavior issues and all, but their parents... I do not love all the parents.) It's report card time, and tensions are high. I was venting to a coworker after school about a parent, and we both ranted about our frustrations for a while in the workroom, thinking we were the only ones in there. Nope. I walked past the open door connecting our workroom to our teacher's lounge, and there were two parents sitting in there, counting money from a Friday popsicle fundraiser, right by the door. I didn't mention any names of the parents I was venting about and no cussing, but still... totally unprofessional.  A wise teacher once told me, "When you talk about students/parents behind their backs, imagine their parent/child in the room as well." I am stupid.
    Not much of an FC, but I feel awful about it, and I'm paranoid it's going to come back to bite me.
    My firs gyno was when I got pregnant......

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"