September 2014 Moms

elective ultrasound

Just called an ultrasound place to do a gender determination scan cause mine isn't until I'm almost 20 weeks with my OB. She said the state of Texas requires a pre authorization form signed by your doctor. Anyone have any trouble getting "permission" from their doc to get one? I'm nervous she's going to frown upon it.

Re: elective ultrasound

• I am going to do an elective ultrasound while I'm visiting family next month, so I had my dr sign one of those "permission slips" at my appointment this week. She had no problem with it. I explained that they mostly ask for the permission slip to verify that I am getting medical care for the pregnancy, not just trying to do elective ultrasounds instead of getting proper prenatal care. Probably depends on your dr, but my guess is most drs won't have a big problem with it.

image Baby Girl born September 23, 2014

• Yes usually those places that do elective ultrasounds require a signed slip (on actual prescription pad) that you are being seen by a Dr and sometime those places also require that u have already had at least one ultrasound done by a Dr. Its their way of covering their asses, as they are not used to be used for diagnostic purposes. I would def call that place and double check on what exactly they need, then give your Dr a call and see what they say. Good luck!
    photo bf6df11a-4a10-4156-814b-c27eee7e0e89.jpg photo 6e679f21-d3f5-4ab8-bd2c-3c7a839092d8.jpg

• Loading the player...
  • Yes, I would say that can be "standard" practice.  Even the local place that does the 3D scans requires written permission from your OB's office in order for them to give you the 3D scan. 
    Me: 30 Him: 33
    Married: August 2012
    BFP #1 9/2013 -- MC 10/2013
    DD: 9/22/2014

• The place where I'm getting mind said I can bring in a previous ultrasound, or paperwork with my EDD on it from my OB. They just want to know that I'm having prenatal care somewhere. Mine is in 4 weeks during week 16. It's the day before DH's bday. He doesn't know yet   :D
  • Emmy916Emmy916 member
    edited March 2014
    In CT it's illegal. 3 places still do it but it's because they require proof u have seen a doctor in the past month ex: dated ultrasound picture.
    BFP 7/13 ended 9/13 MMC BFP 1/14 BabyFruit Ticker
  • Authorization not needed in MA either..you do need to bring a previous ultrasound pic..that's all
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"