Baby Showers

Opinions please, baby sprinkle for #2?

Hi ladies. I'm not sure on the etiquette of 'baby sprinkles', but SIL offered to throw us a baby sprinkle, or something like a children's book shower or a baby dress shower.

This is our second baby, a girl, and is 2 years apart from DS.

We didn't ask her, she had been offering ever since we became pregnant and now that we know we are expecting a girl she emailed me asking if she could do one for us.

I'm flattered by her kindness in wanting to do this for us, but I don't want her to do it. It seems gift grabby to me.

What would you do? SIL and I don't have the best relationship and DH thinks she is only offering so she can show off her new house with another party. How do I word something so she doesn't get offended?

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers  

Re: Opinions please, baby sprinkle for #2?

• The general consensus around here is that showers/sprinkles are for FTMs.
  • I would say something like "SIL-- I would hate to put you out in any way, shape or form.  Thank you for thinking of me, but I have to decline."

BFP 1- EDD 2/09/11 Missed MC DX @11 weeks D&C- 7/25/10 BFP 2- EDD 12/22/11 Natural MC @ 5w 2d BFP 3- EDD 1/25/12 DD Josephine born 1/16/12

Lilypie - (TUWi)

• Loading the player...
  • Just decline. 

But if you really can't, maybe suggest that the two of you (and maybe your mom and MIL?) go out for pedicures or a nice lunch or something to relax before the baby comes?
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • "Hey that's really sweet of you, but I think we just want to be a little more low-key since it's our second kid."
  • Jags8Jags8 member

"SIL, I really appreciate the offer, but I would prefer not to have a second shower.  We still have everything from our first baby, and would like to keep this pregnancy a little more low-key.  It was a really nice gesture to offer to host one for us though."

This
  • Just say no.  If someone surprises you with a 2nd shower, that's one thing, but you don't want to be seen as complicit in agreeing to a second shower in any way, shape, or form.  
    High School English teacher and mom of 2 kids:

DD, born 9/06/00 -- 12th grade
    DS, born 8/25/04 -- 7th grade
  • I would decline the shower. If she really wants to host a party for you and you are ok with it, maybe a meet the baby party later.
       image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
    photo s622_zps5a9557e5.jpg photo 7ed57166-3187-446e-8404-f2ef169fe40f_zps238c4d05.jpg photo s620_zps504f3ce2.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"