September 2013 Moms

The "Wait it Out" method

sunshine2929sunshine2929 member
edited March 2014 in September 2013 Moms
So I started to do cry it out and after almost two weeks I got two nights with only two wakeup. I thought " hey maybe it worked", but the past few nights we are back to waking every couple hours after the initial stretch of 3-4. I however don't go to bed at 7 with LO so im back to only 2 hour stretches of sleep. Ive just started taking him in bed with me in the MOTN and ive been thinking to myself, im being inconsistent, this is never going to work if I give in. I keep stressing about how im supporting these bad habits and so many people tell me that its so wrong. Anyway I saw this article today and it made me feel so much better.

https://nurshable.com/2012/07/19/the-wio-wait-it-out-method-of-sleep-training/

So ive decided screw everyone and their opinions. Im exhausted and im just going to go with the flow from now on. I will try my best to make sure LO knows its ok to go to sleep but if he wants to cuddle with me in bed in the MOTN so be it. Hes only going to be little for so long and these quiet moments will no longer be here.

I hope this may help some of you feel better too.

Melissa (30) & Chris (30)
BFP Oct 16, 2012 M/C Nov 10, 2012
BFP Dec 31, 2012 EDD Sept 12, 2013

Brody was born on September 23, 2013 at 6.33am weighing 8lb 14oz.  
Hes our angel... :)

Re: The "Wait it Out" method

• Thanks for sharing.  The article made me tear up.  My LO will be 6 months in a week and he has some sleep issues too.
    <Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker>
  •  So ive decided screw everyone and their opinions. Im exhausted and im just going to go with the flow from now on.

thumbs up to this
    EDD 9/3/13
  • Loading the player...
  • I needed this so badly today. Thank you for sharing!
  • This was wonderfully put. Thank you for sharing.

BFP #1 11/07/2012 EDD 07/09/2013 M/C 11/22/2012

BFP #2 02/05/2013 EDD 09/19/2013 Arrived via c-section 09/27/2013

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• I love it! Great article. Thanks for sharing. This is totally in line with what I do.
  • I love this! As a FTM you often find yourself doubting your actions and your instincts.  If you're told something enough by enough mommy "experts", you begin to think maybe they are all right and you are the one who has no idea what you're talking about.  I love my moments in the dark while I rock my baby back to sleep or while we just stare at each other in the night or while she "talks" to me at 3am.  And as I'm sucking down yet another cup of coffee at work and I read this article, I can smile while I yawn!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"