September 2013 Moms
Options

Swim diapers-which work better?

Question for the BTDT mama's...in your experience, do disposable swim diapers under a swimsuit or reusable swim diapers work better???

Re: Swim diapers-which work better?

• Options
    I'd just go with reuseable if you plan to swim relatively often. Neither are "better" necessarily at doing their job... The goal is poo containment, and that's it. Some pools won't allow disposable swim diapers (mine allows them, but you have to have another plastic/vinyl cover over it).

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

Thanks ladies.  We have a pool and its pool season so we will use one nearly every day.  I'll just try the reusable one for now.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    So... uhh.. dumb question but I only use disposables. We are going on vacation so I bought a reusable one... how do you clean the poop out? Do you put in a liner or something?  Haha. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

We had a major swim diaper fail yesterday. Luckily, she was sitting in a small plastic kiddie pool and not in the big pool, but let's just say the Pampers Little Swimmers didn't work for shit.

I do think she was just too small for them, so we will go get a reusable until she gets bigger (we never had any issues with DS and the disposable swim diapers, but I also don't remember him ever actually pooping in it either).

• Options
    mdesmet20 said:

We had a major swim diaper fail yesterday. Luckily, she was sitting in a small plastic kiddie pool and not in the big pool, but let's just say the Pampers Little Swimmers didn't work for shit.

I do think she was just too small for them, so we will go get a reusable until she gets bigger (we never had any issues with DS and the disposable swim diapers, but I also don't remember him ever actually pooping in it either).

We have had many code browns in a Pampers Little Swimmer with DS, but he was older and had more solid poops.  I've never had an issue.  Thanks for posting this, though.  We want to take DD swimming next month when we stay at a hotel, and maybe we should forgo it if her poops are still runny.
    Oh good point about the runny poops @curlingrocks I didn't even think about that and that is most likely why it wasn't contained. I should also say that she is only 14 lbs when the weight range starts at 16 lbs. I should have known better.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"