C-sections
Options

C section belly flap

I am considered overweight even before giving birth but since I've had the c section I have a hideous belly flap! It's been nine months and absolutely nothing fits right. I'm so disgusted with myself! How can I get rid of it????

Re: C section belly flap

• Options
    RDK24RDK24 member
    I wish I had the answer! I am almost 8 months PP and I still have the "c-shelf," as people call it. I'm eating well and working out 4-5x a week (as of 3 weeks ago!) Still not much change ...
  • Options
    Same here, unfortunately i've read that no matter how much you work out it won't go - tummy tuck is the solution and i may consider it after my baby is born
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have a strange lop-sided "flap". Not really a flap actually, but just a buldge on one side. Dr. said its normal and should go down but i am 12 week PP and its still there. Anyone else?
  • Options
    Mine went away both times. Took maybe 3-4 months. I started working out 5-6 days a week at 6 wks pp. I am still a little overweight but the shelf is gone.

TTC#1 for 19 months with PCOS and MFI IUI#3 + injectables = BFP!!!!  Beta#1-134(13dpiui) Beta #2-392(15dpiui) 
    #1 born December 2011
    TTC#2 - Beta #1 -51@10dpo Beta#2 -1353 @16dpo
    #2 born May 2013
    TTC # 3 June 2014 BFP 12-1-14
    #3 born August 2015 
    #4!!!!!!! due June 2017 
  • Options
    Its been three years since I gave birth to my son via c-section.. I am considered to be average weight and I still have a belly flap, I have tried everything and nothing works! I'm considering plastic surgery, clearly my skin is not going to snap back in place like the more fortunate mothers out there. 
    Me (24) * DH (25)
    Together Since 3/5/2007
    DS Birthday 3/9/2011
     Baby #2 Due 5/17/2015 
  • Options
    Mine mostly went away - but it took losing 65 pounds for that to happen. That area didn't look great but you wouldn't call it a flap and it was not visible even through a swimsuit. No idea what will happen after the second baby but I am open to getting a tummy tuck if that's what it takes.
    ***S/PAIFW***TTC since forever ago....

DH-34-MFI-motility+morphology.... Me-32-Hypothyrpid+LPD

7/8/11: Clomid100mg+Ovidrel+IUI#1=BFN

8/2/11: Clomid50mg+Ovidrel+IUI#2=BFFN

8/25/11: Follistim50iu+Ovidrel+IUI#3=BFP!!!!@14dpo

Beta#1 9/8 - 251 Beta#2 9/15 - 1622 Beta#3 9/22 - 12674

1st U/S; heard one beautiful HB of 129 - 9/29/11

OB visit; HB of 166 - 10/13/11

2nd US; HB of 163 - 10/18/11

A/S - 12/9/11 - It's a perfect healthy BOY!!!!

Our miracle baby boy - born 5/24/12

• Options
    Lots of planks & less sugar
  • Options
    I'm slightly overweight and don't have a shelf (yet) but definitely have a mushy mess above my incision. Two of my other friends that have had C's - one is average build and has no shelf and her stomach looks just as it did before her two C's. The other is very fit and exercises at least 6 days/week. And @hls19 she does planks and barely eats sugar and is on a raw diet and has a shelf - so you're answer doesn't really hold true for everyone. I believe diet and exercise is important, but ultimately I believe it comes down to the genetic lottery. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"