South Jersey Babies

Virtua

Hello!  I am thinking about switching to a new OB before we start trying for baby #2, and I am thinking about Garden State OB/Gyn.  Is anyone familiar with them, likes/ dislikes?  Also my other question is about the office/ hospital policy (virtua Voorhees) for delivery.  My old OB (who is in Abington, way too far now) still operating under the old policy that when you are ready to deliver, you get a doctor from your own practice.  I know there are hospitals/ offices that operate under a new system, that when you go to the hospital to deliver, you get whoever is working that night.  Which could include a doctor from a totally different practice.  I was wondering if anyone knew whether this office or Virtua in general uses the old or new policy?  Thank you!!

Re: Virtua

• I absolutely love Garden State. I switched there from another practice for this pregnancy and I'm so glad I did. I had a lot of complications in the beginning and GS was very thorough and made me feel at ease. There are so many doctors in the practice that there is always someone on call at the hospital. I like having so many doctors because they have very convenient appointment times and can always fit me in. The downside would be that one specific doctor doesn't really get to know you, but so far that hasnt bothered me at all.
    BabyFetus Ticker}
  • Love Garden State and Virtua. I have been going to Garden State for 7 years and both of my boys were born at Virtua ( my oldest was born at the one hospital and my youngest at the new one). There is so many Dr at Garden state and everyone I have seen always treated me great and at the hospital they always have a Dr on call. Both of my boys were born by c sections and I had preeclampsia with both of them. Both times the Dr at garden state were amazing.
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm a patient at Garden State & have only good things to say about it.  They were very helpful in moving along the process when I was dealing with infertility.  I'm currently pregnant & like the other posters have mentioned there are lots of different doctors.  They encourage you to try to see someone new each time while you're pregnant just to get to know as many of them as you can.  When you are going for regular annual visits you can then schedule with someone you liked best.  This is my 1st baby and I'm overdue right now, but I know that I will definitely have an on-call doctor from Garden State at Virtua when I deliver - not just a random OB.
  • I also love Garden State!  I was going to another GYN, but when I got pregnant I decided to switch to Garden State because that other place was just awful with scheduling and waiting  and they weren't very friendly.  I'm 35 weeks now, I see a different doctor every time.  They encourage this because someone is always on call so it's best to see as many doctors as possible so you'll hopefully have met the doctor that is going to deliver your baby.  I was having issues a few weeks ago, and went to Virtua.  A Garden State OB saw me there - they are amazing.  And Virtua is amazing also!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Married 05/10/13
    Wyatt Nicholas born 04/10/14
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"