Nurseries and Baby Gear

Chicco Nextfit

I've heard it is very difficult to tighten the straps on the Nextfit. I was looking at getting this seat but will reconsider if this is the case. Anyone have this seat and find it to be true?

Re: Chicco Nextfit

• kmc84kmc84 member
    The Nexfit Zip is a brand spankin' new version that has several new features over the original Nexfit. I have heard that the straps are easier to tighter now, but there is a 'break in' period. It's a wonderful carseat. Stupidly easy to install, very long lasting for rearfacing and fits newborns.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    TTC# 1 since 5/10
    Me:34 Type 1 Diabetes, Ankylosing Spondylitis, Hypothyroid DH:35 Perfect
    DX: Unexplained IF
    Many IUI's with various meds all BFFN
    IVF #1 11/11 canceled due to OHSS
    IVF #2 Feb/March 2012 ET of 2 on day 3 4/7 BFP! 5/1 u/s blighted ovum
    IVF #3 July 2012 ET of 3 on day 3 7/24 BFP!
    Healthy baby girl born at 36w4d on 3/9/13

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    TTC #2
    IVF #4 May/June 2014 ER 6/4 18R 8M 8F ET 6/9 1 blast, 2 frosties
    Beta 6/18 BFFN

FET of 2 blasts 7/24...BFP!
    Healthy baby girl born at 36w3d on 3/17/15

TTC#3
    IVF #5 June 2018- PGS planned, no surviving embryos
    IVF #6 August 2018- ET of 2 on day 3 - Chemical pregnancy
    IVF #7 August 2019-....?
  • The straps are more difficult at the beginning but they "loosen" up and get easier, especially once you are able to move the headrest up from the lowest position.

I found that removing the shoulder/neck pads made it easier.  Also, if you hook the crotch buckle and chest buckle, then slide the chest buckle all the way down to the crotch buckle and pull the slack from the hips then tighten, it's much easier.  

Honestly, to me, it's worth the frustration for a few months until the headrest gets moved up since it's an amazing seat that is going to last us until he's booster ready.  He's 2 years old, 30lbs and 36in and still happy rear facing with tons of room to grow.  
  • Loading the player...
  • I find them harder to tighten than an infant seat only because of the 'angle of attack'. I was used to putting DD in her seat before I put the seat in the car so I had nothing in the way when I was pulling it tight. Now I have to stand to the side and pull towards the cars seat.

I love our NextFit, and so does DD. I plan to buy the same seat for our next child as well. I don't find the seat to be any more difficult to use than other RFing seats. We have had ours since last spring and I'm happy with the purchase.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We just installed ours today, and the straps are just a little tough to get right, but I am short and the seat us in an SUV, so the angle is a little wonky for pulling the strap to tighten. Otherwise I love it!!
  • Yes, I find the angle more challenging than the car seat itself. I like the next fit.

DOR and AMA
    2/12-5/12: 4 IUI cycles = all BFN;
    7/12: DE IVF # 1 (with ICSI)- 20R, 16M, 14F, 5DT of 2 blasts; 6 frosties = BFN;
    Lupus anticoagulant initially high, then found to be normal on hematology consult;
    Follow up testing in September all clear;
    Started synthroid for "high normal" TSH;
    FET # 1- late October 2012- BFP on FRER; beta # 1- 21(low), beta # 2- 48 (still low), beta # 3- 132, beta # 4- 1,293; beta # 5- 5,606; last beta- over 100,000. First u/s 11/21- heard heartbeat
    12/12- Officially an OB patient!
    Level 2 ultrasound at 20 weeks shows vasa previa and VCI
    Referral to MFM and mandatory c section for delivery
    Beautiful baby girl born at 34 weeks
    Finally home after 15 day NICU stay!
    Trying for sibling: FET # 2- May 2014; beta 5/31, BFN
    FET #3, early July 2014; beta 7/14, BFN
    DE IVF # 2- August 2014; 14R, 13M, 11F, 5dt of 2 blasts (3 AA), 5 frosties = BFN
    FET #4- December 2014, yet another BFN

Dr. KK work up shows borderline uterine blood flow, elevated NK cells, and MTHFR mutation (homozygous for c677t)

Added baby aspirin, prednisone, supplements, Metanx, and intralipids

Switched to large clinic for final attempt; had endometrial receptivity testing in January; FET March 2015 = yet another BFN

Likely OAD- NBC

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"