Looking for care in Northeast PA. — The Bump
VBAC

Looking for care in Northeast PA.

I am looking for some recommendations ob/midwife in the Scranton/ Wilkes Barre area.  Unfortunately this area is not great for a woman looking to vbac.  Does anyone have any suggestions?

I have come up with a few things on my own.  As far as hospitals I could drive to Allentown (St. Lukes) which is about an 1.5 hours or Honesdale (Wayne Memorial) which is an hour.  My other option is a homebirth.  I found a few midwives in the area 45 min - 1 hour away. 

I feel like my best option at this point is going to be a homebirth. Any advice on HBAC?

Any help would be so appreciated.  I feel like I am grasping at straws.

Re: Looking for care in Northeast PA.

• I know nothing about HBAC, but I know that the Geisinger doctors here in Central PA will do VBAC in Danville, if you feel that is an option.  That was too far for me, but I also had the option of the other practice in town that would VBAC at the local hospital.  Good luck to you!
    "Little seahorse/Floating on a primal tide/Quickening like a/Spark in a haystack side/I already love you/And I don't even know who you are" -Bruce Cockburn BabyFetus TickerLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BOOKWORMS and BUTTERFLIES
  • Seasons of Life OBGYN was suggested to me from my local ICAN group, they deliver out of St. Luke's Allentown, not sure if that would be too far from you.

I have not yet had a VBAC with them but I am hopeful for my current pregnancy and they have been super supportive.

• Loading the player...
  • Probably a little far, but Holy Spirit Hospital in Camp Hill, PA (near Harrisburg) is very VBAC friendly.
    BabyFetus Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards