Parenting

Rant - "Come on, baby!" at 38 weeks

2»

Re: Rant - "Come on, baby!" at 38 weeks

• I am amused when I see people on Facebook who say things like this at 38 weeks, because they could have another 4 weeks of pregnancy provided that they are having a healthy pregnancy, and baby doesn't want to exit.  

If they are truely in pain, or have had complications, it's understandable.  But if I know they are just impatient, it's funny.

I have better things to do than hate on people I consider to be friends for being hopeful that all is well and baby is ready to come at 38 weeks instead of going another 3-4 weeks.

There's a big difference between silent amusement and hate.  
    If you go back and read the OP, she wants to go off on her.

That's not amusement.

No, I would not do that.
            image image  image 
    To be loved, and to be in love
  • All 3 of my pregnancies were truly horrible.  I had HG, sciatica, constipation to the point of being severely impacted (and needed medical extraction), numerous hospital visits for IV fluids, etc. 

If you have had an easy pregnancy, then you have no idea how long 38 weeks feels to a person that has been vomiting several times a day, yet still has to somehow function as an adult with responsibilities.  

• Loading the player...
  • I went into labor at 38 weeks. I think the comment is insensitive being that the SIL has a micro preemie but 37 weeks gestation is considered "full term".
  • Lurker here. Not trying to "white knight" but I don't get all the hate on the OP. Everyone is entitled to their feelings. The FB friend is entitled to feel done, but OP is entitled to be annoyed by her comments. She specifically said she didn't and wouldn't say anything IRL so venting on here is pretty benign IMO.

TTC since September 2009.

IVF #2: +HPT 2/6/12! ~ Boy/Girl Twins!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I went into labor at 38 weeks. I think the comment is insensitive being that the SIL has a micro preemie but 37 weeks gestation is considered "full term".

Actually it's changed. Someone mentioned it earlier in the tread but I can't remember the exact weeks.

Harry Styles = Life Ruiner

There’s a lightning in your eyes I can't deny
    Then there’s me inside a sinking boat running out of time
    Without you I'll never make it out alive
    But I know, yes, I know we’ll be alright
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    J. 1.14.13 my reason for breathing 
  • edited March 2014
    I get annoyed with anyone complaining to the general FB population about a normal pregnancy. 

When you signed up, you signed up for at least 40 weeks.  Get over it.  Being uncomfortable at 38 weeks is not special.

I would have hid her after complaint #1.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"