August 2014 Moms
Options

Wearing a dress for ultrasound

The weather is finally warm and I have the anatomy scan today...yay! Unfortunately, it just dawned on me that I have worn pants to all my other appointments and just had to lift up my shirt for the ultrasound. Really hoping they have some sort of cover to drape over my lower half so I don't have to lay there in my thong for 30 minutes, lol.

Has anyone else worn a dress to an ultrasound? Just did a quick bump search and saw many ladies saying it was uncomfortable because their offices didn't provide any cover. Surely that can't be the norm!

IAmPregnant Ticker   

BabyFruit Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
BFP - 01/04/2016; EDD - 09/15/2016 DS #1 - 07/2014

Re: Wearing a dress for ultrasound

• Options
    Ditto what PP said, they tucked a paper drape into my pants for my last ultrasound since they were going pretty low.  I would ask them if they don't offer it, they should have some on hand.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks ladies! That's what I was thinking, but got a little worried after I read some other Bump posts!

IAmPregnant Ticker   

BabyFruit Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    At our perinatologist's office they had big towels in the room that I assume they would use in this scenario. 

Hope you have a wonderful scan!
    Southern California
    Together for six years, married for five
    BFP 12/06/13 - EDD 8/11/14 
    BABY BOY born 8/14/14!

• Options
    I can't wait for the weather to change to dress wearing weather here, it's still a bit too wet and cold.
    When I just went for my AS, they gave me a towel to put between my pants and my jellied up belly, so I am certain you will be ok and there will be something to cover you up with.
    Good luck with your AS.
  • Options
    Yep. Paper blanket. I'm on the larger side so it's a bit of a stretch but it works.
    I wore dresses all last time.
    Married April 12
    DD June 13
    #2 EDD 8/8/14 - DS July 14
    2 Furry Kids - 
    Rosco: The most awesome pug ever.
    Pumpkin: The most non-catlike cat ever.  
  • Options
    Ah I just got a good chuckle imagining having to sit there in my thong!

Me 28 DH 30

After 4+ years TTC

FET #2 = DS Madden Jeffery <3 July 29, 2014 <3
  • Options
    I always wear my maternity yoga pants and a t shirt because I don't like to lay on the table and feel exposed. My office does provide a paper sheet to cover the bottom half but I don't feel it's enough.

ZBC 11/2012 & SNC 7/2014

bridemaids angry penis annie

• Options
    my ob provides a drape/cover, I'm sure they have something for you
    photo c9f20a08-e61b-4141-972e-d243ea91d7a9.jpg
  • Options
    Just wanted to update you ladies...the dress turned out to be a good option since I had to have a transvaginal ultrasound to start with this time. Evidently, they wanted to check my cervix to make sure it was closed. So I had to hike up my dress, drop my panties and put a drape over my lower half anyway!

IAmPregnant Ticker   

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    I was just about to say I had to remove my pants so they could do a transvaginal if needed. They were able to see my cervix without one though which was great! Glad the dress worked out!

• Options
    Last week after my car accident, I was sent to the clinic and realized I was wearing a thong when the nurse said to change into the paper gown.  Stupid me told them I had back pain so when the doctor comes in he asked me to turn around.  I got so embarrased and covered my butt with my hands.  NEVER AGAIN!!!  But for my last pregnancy I accidently wore a dress to work when I had an ultrasound later that day.  Most doctor's offices have that paper cover, even when you where pants they put it over you so the gel wont mess up your clothes.  But in case they dont, do you have a sweater or anyting you can take just in case?

imageimageimage

• Options
    they'll have a paper or cloth gown or sheet for ya

I can't remember if I ever went to OB in a dress, but I did wear a (high necked) sweater dress one day when I was still pumping. Fail. siting in my undies pumping at work, not ideal
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"