Pregnant after IF
Options

BFP on Friday. . . some symptoms have stopped

I'm very cautiously posting here.  I'm so worried this isn't it for us.  I got a BFP on Friday and went to the doctor for a blood test to confirm.  Nurse called back and said everything looked good.  Beta was good and progesterone was good too.  I was feeling very nauseous up until Saturday but now the nausea has stopped.  I also caught a cold on Wednesday (I haven't taken anything) but I am living on soup.  Anyone have this?  Symptoms come and go? My boobs are super sore and I'm also having some cramps (which I read could be normal). 

Am I over thinking this? 
DS born @32 weeks with IUGR and a heart defect.  Passed away May 2015
DD born July 2016
TTC #3

Re: BFP on Friday. . . some symptoms have stopped

• Options
    Congrats. I just hit 6 weeks today. Cramps are normal I got them quite a bit in my 4th week. I convinced myself AF was coming and it was just a dream. The cramps were the same. My cramps have gotten better. I actually wear a maternity bra already much better support and it's helped with the pain. Not all symptoms are constant. Btw Congratulations :)
  • Options
    Congrats! Try not to worry (easier said than done, I know). I took an HPT because I had been super nauseous. Then right around my betas, it went away only to come back full force around 7 weeks. Symptoms will vary throughout pregnancy sue to hormone fluctuations.
    DH & I: 29
    TTC #1 4/2009 -  DD 2/5/10
    TTC #2 since October 2011
    2IF issues
    7/2013 - IUI #1: 50 units Follistim +  Ovidrel  = BFN
    8/2013 - IUI #2: 50 units Follistim +  Ovidrel  = BFP! Beta #1 (12 dpiui) 8/21: 45  Beta #2 (16 dpiui) 8/26: 301 Beta #3 (21 dpiui) 8/30: 1,929. 1st Ultrasound 9/4 - One perfect sac. 2nd Ultrasound 9/13 - Heartbeat at 124 bpm! Anniversary  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Congrats. Definitely not out of the ordinary. Didn't have many symptoms that early. Enjoy!

• Options
    edited March 2014
    Congrats on your BFP. My symptoms came and went in the beginning, accompanied by a lot of cramping and off and on spotting. But all is well at 33 weeks, so it wasn't an indication of a problem. Try not to worry too much.

Me: 42. DH: 46.

1st Pregnancy: MC, 11/19/00.

2nd Pregnancy: DS born 04/10/06.

3rd Pregnancy: CP, 03/11.

4th Pregnancy: MMC, D&C 11/30/11, Genetic testing revealed Trisomy 4.

5th Pregnancy: Ectopic, 2 doses of Methotrexate unsuccessful, surgery 4/10/12, right tube removed.

Tried Letrozole January 2013-July 2013 (including 2 IUIs), all BFN.  After 2 1/2 years of trying for child #2, decided to "give up" after July cycle, based on AMA.

August 16, 2013:  BFP our first month of "not trying!"  Still in shock.  Beta #1 (14dpo): 183.  Beta #2 (17dpo):  611.  Ultrasound 8/30/13: baby measured 6 weeks, 1 day, heart rate of 118 bpm! 
    Ultrasound 9/13/13:  8 weeks, heart rate of 176!
    Baby is due 4/26/14

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Congrats! As others have said, the symptoms come and go. I didn't really have much of anything besides a killer cold sore and slightly tender breasts (probably because I kept "checking" them to see if they were tender). The day between my betas I was convinced that these symptoms were going away and it was over. At the beta the following morning it had more than tripled. Throughout my whole first tri things came and went and it is totally normal. Try to relax and remember - today you are pregnant!
    TTC Since January 2012 Me:37 DH:34      DX July 2013: Unexplained Infertility      New DX Dec 2013: DOR
    BFP#1 6/4/12 EDD 2/13/13 M/C 6/6/12  BFP#2 2/21/13 EDD 11/3/13 M/C 2/26/13 BFP#3 C/P
    4 rounds of clomid, 2 with IUI = BFN
    November/December Retesting/Natural Cycle = Surprise BFP @ 11dpo! Beta#1 76.6@13dpo Beta #2 276@15dpo u/s#1 6w2d hb113 u/s#2 8w2d, measuring 8w4d hb168! 10w2d hb171 12w3d Verifi results are in and good! EDD 8/23 Our Baby Girl Rainbow Baby born 8/20/2014!!!
    Um...what? BFP 11/2/15!?! EDD 7/4/16
  • Options
    Congrats! Like the others said, the symptoms do come and go. The first to leave for me were the cramping and the sore boobs. The nausea picked up around 5 1/2 weeks (and stayed forever!).

Try to enjoy these symptomless days while you have them :)

• Options
    Congrats! As others stated, the symptoms come and go (which drive your nerves crazy!) and I didn't have too many symptoms early on. I was lucky my nausea didn't kick up until at least after 8 weeks. It was spotty before then. I had cramping the who first tri though and constantly felt like AF was in her way.
    Good luck and try and keep busy and not stress too much. The first few weeks are really hard with all the waiting and worry!
    Me 36/DH 46 Me: Low AMH (.21) DOR, mild endo; Started seeing RE 11/12
    Jan-March '13 3 IUIs Clomid + Trigger = BFN
    April '13 IVF 1 MDLF converted to 4th IUI due to 3 runaway follicles! BFN
    July/Aug '13 IVF 1.2 Long Lupron = 7R, 6F, 2T= BFP!!!
    Beta 1=512, Beta 2=1,368 Beta 3= 4,128
    It's a boy!!!!
    SUA, GD
    EDD 4/26/14

He's Here! Arrived 4/15/14!!!!

September 2015 - FET with remaining embryos
    Twins! EDD: 6/14/15

PAIF/SAIF Everyone welcome!
  • Options
    Congrats!  I've hardly had any symptom at all, they don't tell you how well the pregnancy is going, rely on the betas and eventually US.  Good luck!

TTC since Sept 2011, Unexplained IF
    Oct 12 - Jan 14: 3 clomid/TI cycles, 2 hysteroscopies, 2 IUIs, 1 BFP (MMC @ 12w), 2 more IUIs
    Feb 14: Gonal-f + IUI #5 = BFP! (EDD 11/4/14)
    Baby boy arrived 11/13/14!

• Options
    Congrats!  To echo PPs, it's totally normal for symptoms to come and go.  I even asked my RE about it and she laughed at me.  I had cramping all the time throughout much of my first trimester.  I also got the sore boobs right away and then they stopped hurting after about a week, so that scared me as well, but it's totally normal.  I had some nausea and food aversions, but that didn't really start until 7-8 weeks and lasted until 12-14 weeks.  Symptoms really don't dictate how your pregnancy is progressing, they're more your body reacting to hormones when it feels the need to react to them, so don't think too much about it.  Some women never have any symptoms at all other than a big belly.
    Me 31 ~ DH 30
    IVF/FET #1 - BFP!!
    <3 CJW 6/15/2014 <3
    DX - PCOS 2004
    FET #2 - scheduled for 11/24/15
  • Options
    congrats! 
    don't overthink the symptoms/or lack of symptoms.  if your numbers look good try to stay positive (i know it's easier said than done)

TTC#2
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Our little IVF miracle born 5/7/2014
  • Options

Congrats! You may be over-thinking it a bit, but that is only natural.

I am pg with 2 and I waffle between feeling like I have to stomach flu, to feeling not pg at all. Sometimes I wonder if my boobs are only sore form squeezing them. Hormones fluctuate, which causes symptoms to change. Hang in there, you will get past this point soon!

Me: 37 DH: 40 TTC since 9/09
    #1 BFP 1/10/11; missed m/c discovered 7w5d
    IF Dx: Endo, hetero MTHFR mutation, poor morphology
    #1 IUI: 1/18/12 = BFN
    #1 IVF/ICSI 4/2/12 = 2 x 7-cell and 1 x 5-cell transferred (3dt) = BFP!!
    H was born at 41w2d on 12/29/12 - be still my heart!
    #2 IVF/ICSI 1/19/14 = 2 x 8 cells transferred (3dt) = BFP!! EDD 10/09/14
    M&W born at 37 weeks on 9/18/14 - I am the momma of 3 boys!!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Congrata! Try not to over think the symptoms...i know easier said than done. The whole beginning I kept waiting to feel nauseous or extremely tired or all of the things I heard you should feel and I never did. Symptoms def come and go and some ppl like menjust never really get any.

Me 28 DH 30

After 4+ years TTC

FET #2 = DS Madden Jeffery <3 July 29, 2014 <3
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"