Third-Party Reproduction

Embryo Donation and Adoption -Indiana

My husband and I have been through 3 failed IUI's and our IVF chance just failed. I'm 31 with an extremely low AMH. We only retrieved 4 eggs and 1 fertilized. It was implanted but our test was negative. I don't think another round of IVF would be the best way to go because of low egg quality and reserve. I want to start looking into embryo donation or adoption. I would like to carry a child on my own before looking at other options. Does anyone have experience or advice? Where do we begin this process? How do we find a donor? Any help is appreciated! Thanks!

Re: Embryo Donation and Adoption -Indiana

• liz4pawsliz4paws member
    edited March 2014

Hi there and welcome to the group. I am so sorry for all you've been through. I also have low AMH and it was hard to hear that I might never be able to have a child. There are a few EA mamas here, but I also put together some information on where to start on my blog. You can click on the "embryo adoption" badge in my siggy which hopefully may answer many of your questions in the meantime.

Again, welcome and good luck!

************ Signature/Ticker Warning ************
    Me (32) DH (36) - Finding our way to baby #1
    Me: POF/DOR - AMH <0.16, heterozygous c677t MTHFR, insulin resistant and gluten intolerant
    DH: Severe MFI

12/2/11 - IUI #1- BFN 
    8/1/12 - IVF #1 - Zero response from max stims (600iu intramuscularly)

My ovaries are just for decoration

12/6/12 - Adopted five embryos that had been frozen for over ten years!
    2/11/13 - DEmbryo FET #1 Thawed four, sadly two didn't survive. Transferred two beautiful blasts. 
    2/16/13 - First BFP of my life @ 6dp5dt! EDD 10/30/13
    3/27/13 - After beta and u/s hell, no heartbeat ever detected. D&C at 9w1d.

6/5/13 - Adopted four new embryos that had been frozen for seven years!

9/12/13 - DEmbryo FET #2. Thawed and transferred two beautiful blasts
    9/17/13 - BFP @ 5dp6dt! EDD 05/31/14
    9/29/13 - m/c @ 5w1d. :(

11/19/13 - DEmbryo FET #3. Thawed and transferred one blast from each batch. Wow!
    11/23/13 - BFP @ 4dp6dt! EDD 8/7/13
    Beta #1 @ 13dp6dt - 522  Beta #2 @ 16dp6dt - 1373 
    6w5d ultrasound showed one perfect baby with a beautiful heartbeat of 134bpm!

Snowflake baby is a girl! 
    Our beautiful Snowflake girl arrived on July 22, 2014!   
    My embryo adoption blog: Wishing on a Snowflake

image      image 
  • I'm an Indiana girl too!  No advice for you but Liz is a great resource.   Good Luck to you!!!!
     36 DH 33 TTC for over 3 years
    First mini-IVF Sept 2011... Only 1 egg! ... BFN
    Switching RE
    IVF#2 May 2012 9 eggs and only 2 sperm, WTH!
    BFN
    IVF #3 March 2013~Tesa with back-up Donor Sperm,Tesa, unsuccessful used DS~ Chemical :(   

Switching RE's within practice

2 frosties waiting for us, November 2013!!!!!   Transferred 2 "average" blasts 11/20/2013
    BFP!!!!!!!  Boy/Girl Twins!!!!!! Due 08/08/2014

My Blog

*~God gives his hardest battles to his toughest solders. Unknown.
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm also low AMH (well, actually they didn't find any in my system). It was a really difficult time in my life but third party reproduction had been a wonderful gift to us. Liz's blog is the best place to start. Good luck.

imageimageimage
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Hi! I am new to The Bump. I saw your post and decided it couldn't hurt to respond. I also live in Indiana and have been considering embryo adoption. I have no clue what RE or clinic you go to, but I go to one with offices in Indianapolis, Carmel/Noblesville, and Fort Wayne. I would say the name (initials are MFS), but being new to The Bump I am not sure if I am allowed to? Anyhow, my clinic does embryo adoption but I believe they refer to it as donor embryos. It costs just a smidge over $6,000, then the medicine cost on top of it. They estimate meds to be $600-$1,000 per cycle. They do require you go to a counselor they have listed, but it appears that visit is free. The counselor is located in the Fishers area. (Near Indianapolis) Sounds like a 3 month to 1 year wait depending, although they have some profiles available on their website. I am guessing those are embryos that everybody else passed upon? I am not sure?

Anyhow, if you would like to know the name of the clinic and can't figure it out from my abbreviation above just message me. I am happy to share the info with a fellow Indiana native. I absolutely love my RE!

Good luck!
  • Hi! I'm new too. This is actually my first post. Anyway, I go to a RE in Evansville IN. I spoke with them about embryo adoption. I was put on a waiting list that had 8 people ahead of me. They said the wait could be up to 10 months. I'm 34 so my husband and I decided to use a sperm donor instead.

They use a donor program. When someone does ivf and has leftover embryos they had frozen and no longer want/need they donate them to women trying to conceive. I thought there was a stock but there is not unfortunately.

Our insurance covers the medical expenses of everything but doesn't cover donor substances. I was told it would be about $2500 was what we would have to pay.

Hope that helps! And perhaps we see the same dr. He has an office in Indy and somewhere else.
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"