Parenting
Options

Advice: Nephews Ran Away (Recovered by Police) TL:DR

So last night I get a knock on my door by my dad saying that my nephews (12 &10) were missing.  There were like 15 cops and a helicopter unit looking for them.  I guess they had snuck out their window with just the clothes on their back and a "survival backpack".  They were later found by the police near the highway, supposedly on their way to "Montana". 

My oldest nephew who has many issues with his grades this past year (flunking just about every class, passes his tests but won't turn in his homework and lies about it) said that he wanted to leave to get away from my BIL.  My BIL is not 12 yo's biological father.  Nephew does not know this (a whole other issue). 

When BIL came home that night, after the cops had already been called and BIL could not be reached because he was at the bar getting drunk, he was very detached from the whole situation.  After the rescue, he would not even go out to the kids to hold/console them.  He just stood in the doorway until my mom insisted he get his ass out there.  He later on told my sister that it was either "him or my 12yo nephew".  He packed a bag and left because my sister would not kick my nephew out to live with my parents. He is obviously a POS.

How do I get through to my nephew!?  Or sister?  He's recently started counseling, so only time will tell how that affects him.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Advice: Nephews Ran Away (Recovered by Police) TL:DR

• Options
    My sister is going to see the counselor alone on Monday and my nephew will continue to go to his weekly sessions.  Obviously, BIL refuses to participate...because, ya know, he's perfect.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"