April 2014 Moms

High BP/ Preeclampsia check in

Re: High BP/ Preeclampsia check in

• Went to the doctors today BP is back down to 120/80 now I need to wait for blood work to come back. Hopefully that will come back good as well. I would like to avoid bed rest if at all possible.
  • Well got my labs rechecked ( Best lady to ever get my blood drawn by) and they were bad. My liver levels are way up and said if I get that pain again to go ahead and call bc they want to make sure everything is okay. Bp was 110/87 and 125/73 today so that's good. Pre e is so weird!

How is everyone else feeling?
  • Loading the player...
  • Ok no protein in urine everything looks ok for now. I told nurse that bps have been running high she said she would let doc know n if he needs to see me they would call if not they will see me fri at my apt
  • Ok no protein in urine everything looks ok for now. I told nurse that bps have been running high she said she would let doc know n if he needs to see me they would call if not they will see me fri at my apt

Doc called going in tomorrow for NST
  • I saw my OB today and baby looks great and I have "an adequate amount" of fluid. My BP was 138/104 when I got there but it went down to like 116/68 by the end of the visit. My doctor was very happy to see that I had been tracking my BP and said that I didn't have a lot of horrible numbers and to just keep resting a lot. I only had trace amounts of protein in my urine. So, the plan is to keep resting as much as possible and my RCS is scheduled for 4/8 :). I'm so happy to have a good visit but I know I will still be on edge because pre-e creeps up and get out of control so fast...hoping and praying I won't have to deal with that! You ladies keep resting too :)
  • My bp has been floating around 140/85 for a while now (37 weeks tomorrow) and today at dr appt he said he would encourage me to have an induction at 39 weeks, with misoprostol, water breaking then pitocin (as needed). We did not agree to it yet but obviously have some thinking to do. All my other lab work and urine are perfect, just seems to be higher bp. Have to have NST every three days.
    Just me, my husband and our two dogs for now; Natural pregnancy 5/2011, mc @ 9 weeks 7/2011; IVF 5/2012, 5 eggs retrieved none fertilized; Natural pregnancy 9/2012, mc @ 10weeks 11/2012; Natural pregnancy 7/2013, due 4/2014
  • crkrupa said:

My bp has been floating around 140/85 for a while now (37 weeks tomorrow) and today at dr appt he said he would encourage me to have an induction at 39 weeks, with misoprostol, water breaking then pitocin (as needed). We did not agree to it yet but obviously have some thinking to do. All my other lab work and urine are perfect, just seems to be higher bp. Have to have NST every three days.

Last I heard I'll be induced at 38 weeks (4 weeks from now) crazy to think u could have your little one in two weeks. Ahhh!! So exciting. I would just go over it again with ur dr and I'm sure it will change if ur Bp goes down. They are drs so I'm sure they know what's best. (Or at least that's what I keep telling myself lol)
  • This might be a silly question, but are your doctors giving you any medications to control your blood pressure? Or are they just doing the wait and see thing?
    First we had you.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Then we had you.

Now we are complete.

• BP is back to normal the NST and blood work all came back good! No Pre-E!
  • This might be a silly question, but are your doctors giving you any medications to control your blood pressure? Or are they just doing the wait and see thing?

I've been on Labetalol since 20weeks (I'm 36+1 now) and it helps a lot. My dosage hasn't changed even with BP fluctuations. I think at this stage most Drs would recommend bed rest, induction etc. depending on the circumstances over starting medication now.

Speaking of, my Dr hasn't discussed induction with us at all. It was mentioned only in the case of severe pre-e which I've had no signs of. I'm thankful for that as I really want to go into labor on my own. I spoke to a midwife about it a few weeks ago and she actually told me to consider having an epidural because they can reduce blood pressure. I really don't want one but I'll consider it to keep my BP down during labor. Has anyone else been told they should consider one for BP reasons?
  • Being induced today, 34 weeks today. I'll let you all know
  • Mrsmeatball41-
    GOOD LUCK!!!!

Emily

• @MrsMeatball41‌ Good luck! Sending T&P your way!
  • Being induced today, 34 weeks today. I'll let you all know

OMG good luck!!
  • @Rachel71189 : It is crazy to think 2 weeks! When I had to go to hospital last week for monitoring, that was my "shit's getting real" moment, haha!  Yeah, my bp hasn't been super horrible, just consistently creeping up and floating around the high mark, with a couple spikes up. I am hoping it doesn't get any worse and maybe gets better, so that Dr's "encouraging" doesn't become more insistent. He doesn't want it to get to an emergency point, he said he normally wouldn't induce before 40 and he is pretty noninvasive so I don't feel like this is him pushing something totally unnecessary on me (I declined an internal check the other day and he didn't say another word about it). I don't like the idea of induction in general and I don't like the specifics of how he would do either (misoprostol, pitocin) so I am grappling with that. If he feels that I have to be induced, I think we could probably come to an agreement on how the induction should happen that we are both happy with. I want natural, but like you said, I'm trying to trust Dr's judgment.

4 weeks is soon too! It's crazy to think we have been waiting all these months and now its almost here, and we are almost meeting them, can't wait for that part!
    Just me, my husband and our two dogs for now; Natural pregnancy 5/2011, mc @ 9 weeks 7/2011; IVF 5/2012, 5 eggs retrieved none fertilized; Natural pregnancy 9/2012, mc @ 10weeks 11/2012; Natural pregnancy 7/2013, due 4/2014
  • @MrsMeatball41 : Good luck!!
  • @MapleLeafMama : Mine has not recommended anything to me about how to lower bp...no bed rest, no medication.
  • @MapleLeafMama‌ : I'm on metholdolpa 250mg 3x a day.

UPDATE: went to doc today Bp was 168/110. Had NST baby looked good. Dr said "not saying they will induce at hospital today but baby is coming soon". Was sent to hospital.

Had labs done and was monitored for 3 hrs at hospital. Bp stayed down when I laid on side but when I got up to pee it instantly shot up. Labs came back fine but was sent home with orders to stop working and take it as easy and stress free as possible. If Bp does not stay down on bed rest baby will have to come out. But obviously hoping to keep him in as long as possible. Next appointment is Friday.
  • SunshinelouSunshinelou member
    edited March 2014
    Do any of you know if you can have symptoms from high BP or pre-e without BP being very high? I could swear that my BP is sky high the last hour or two but my BP has not gone above 138/95 this evening. I stated feeling really weird...very light headed, seeing white spots and slightly blurry vision, full feeling in my ears, pressure in my head, and short of breath. This happened earlier today and BP was 135/99 but went down with rest. If my BP was higher now I would call my OB immediately but it is staying under control. I do have anxiety so that could be part of it. So,is it possible to being having pre-e symptoms/problems while your BP is not too high? Also, I of course will call my OB if I don't feel better or get higher BP readings. I am resting on my left side and it does go down to around 120/80 (last I checked). I have dealt with pre-e a lot with ds but my symptoms always occurred with really high bps (which make sense) so this is unusual. Thanks :)
  • @Sunshinelou‌ I believe those symptoms are very serious even without elevated Bp. U should def call ur dr.
  • @sunshinelou my ob considers anything around 140/90 high bp, so I would be calling.
    First we had you.

Then we had you.

Now we are complete.

• Well...I ended up coming in to L&D for contractions, back pain and pressure. Turns out I was have constractions (but not big or regular)but my BP was up 135/96 and continued to go up over the next hour while I rested on my side up to 143/104. They did blood work and my liver levels are not normal but not horrible. So, they admitted me and my doctor will be here I the morning to decide what to do. The nurse said that she doubts I will get to go home before I have the baby. I am 35w3d....not ready! This is what happened at almost the exact same time with ds. I was admitted at 35 weeks and had him 3 days later at barely 36. They are already talking about staring me on maganisum which is very, very unpleasant. Prayers appreciated :)
  • Sending T & P your way @Sunshinelou‌ !

I just got back from L&D myself. BP was 154/104 at my appointment this morning. It was down to 130/90 by the time I got to the hospital but they took my labs anyway and gave me an NST. No protein found and my labs are all normal so they let me go. I was having irregular contractions while on the monitor though. I had no idea! I've been feeling them for a few days and thought it was just LO rolling around as only the top of my stomach felt tight.

I hope everyone else is doing well!
  • Thanks for the t&p's :). I am officially here to stay in the hospital until baby arrives. Everything is really calm right now, bps are mostly good and baby looks great. My OB says it just safer for me to stay here because pre-e can change really quickly and they want me on strict bed rest which never honestly happens at home. He says he will take the baby if conditions become hostile for the baby, BP gets too high or symptoms get out of control, otherwise we will take it day by day. He doubts we will still try to wait to 39 weeks but at least 37 weeks, maybe even 38. I am 36w6d now. I am thinking of and praying for you all as well. I hope you are tracking your bps, resting even more the you feel like you need to, and aren't hesitating to call your doctors if things don't feel right!
  • Thanks for the t&p's :). I am officially here to stay in the hospital until baby arrives. Everything is really calm right now, bps are mostly good and baby looks great. My OB says it just safer for me to stay here because pre-e can change really quickly and they want me on strict bed rest which never honestly happens at home. He says he will take the baby if conditions become hostile for the baby, BP gets too high or symptoms get out of control, otherwise we will take it day by day. He doubts we will still try to wait to 39 weeks but at least 37 weeks, maybe even 38. I am 36w6d now. I am thinking of and praying for you all as well. I hope you are tracking your bps, resting even more the you feel like you need to, and aren't hesitating to call your doctors if things don't feel right!

Sorry your stuck in the hospital! Take care Hun.

Emily

Yuck!  Sorry you are stuck in the hospital but glad you might make it to 38 wks.  Did you ever have to start the mag?  That's the worst! 

• SunshinelouSunshinelou member
    edited March 2014
    jenskurn said:
    Thanks for the t&p's :). I am officially here to stay in the hospital until baby arrives. Everything is really calm right now, bps are mostly good and baby looks great. My OB says it just safer for me to stay here because pre-e can change really quickly and they want me on strict bed rest which never honestly happens at home. He says he will take the baby if conditions become hostile for the baby, BP gets too high or symptoms get out of control, otherwise we will take it day by day. He doubts we will still try to wait to 39 weeks but at least 37 weeks, maybe even 38. I am 36w6d now. I am thinking of and praying for you all as well. I hope you are tracking your bps, resting even more the you feel like you need to, and aren't hesitating to call your doctors if things don't feel right!
    Yuck!  Sorry you are stuck in the hospital but glad you might make it to 38 wks.  Did you ever have to start the mag?  That's the worst! 

No mag yet! I agree that is the worst! I think there still may be a chance if go long enough without my BP going to high I may get avoid it or at least maybe not have to have it as long as I did with ds. If I get to the point I need the mag I think my OB would just do the csection then....so many what ifs and possibilities...I'm just trying to stay calm, rest and just take it one day at a time.
  • Emilyroche3Emilyroche3 member
    edited March 2014
    I just had my 35 week ultra sound and dr appointment. BP was 155/72 +1 protein. Doing a 24 hour catch on Sunday. And I start twice a week NST, and once a week ultra sounds. Feeling very closely watched. If all stays the same. C-section is still @39weeks. If anything comes up then @37weeks. I'm still on stick bed rest orders until I deliver. Hoping it fly's by!

Emily

• jenskurn said:
    Thanks for the t&p's :). I am officially here to stay in the hospital until baby arrives. Everything is really calm right now, bps are mostly good and baby looks great. My OB says it just safer for me to stay here because pre-e can change really quickly and they want me on strict bed rest which never honestly happens at home. He says he will take the baby if conditions become hostile for the baby, BP gets too high or symptoms get out of control, otherwise we will take it day by day. He doubts we will still try to wait to 39 weeks but at least 37 weeks, maybe even 38. I am 36w6d now. I am thinking of and praying for you all as well. I hope you are tracking your bps, resting even more the you feel like you need to, and aren't hesitating to call your doctors if things don't feel right!

No mag yet! I agree that is the worst! I think there still may be a chance if go long enough without my BP going to high I may get avoid it or at least maybe not have to have it as long as I did with ds. If I get to the point I need the mag I think my OB would just do the csection then....so many what ifs and possibilities...I'm just trying to stay calm, rest and just take it one day at a time.
    That is what my OB told me too.  Last time I was trying to labor so I was on the mag for so long.  He said this time, if I did need it, it would be only 24 hrs most likely.  I feel like it really robbed me of DD's birthday, so I am particularly concerned about it this go around.  GL! 

• I just had my 35 week ultra sound and dr appointment. BP was 155/72 +1 protein. Doing a 24 hour catch on Sunday. And I start twice a week NST, and once a week ultra sounds. Feeling very closely watched. If all stays the same. C-section is still @39weeks. If anything comes up then @37weeks. I'm still on stick bed rest orders until I deliver. Hoping it fly's by!

Take care... That top number is pretty high! I'm glad you feel closely monitored :)
  • @jenskurn.... I feel the same. I feel likethe mag practically had me in como for the first day of my son's life. I don't want to miss it this time! I also tried to labor for 12 hours the first time on mag so maybe this time if we need it just for the csection and little while after it won't be so bad!
  • @Sunshinelou‌ the top # is always that high. On Sunday it was 169/90. Ugh. It takes about 2-3 hours of laying down to get it to 130/70 ish. I always have a headache. Such fun.

Emily

• I was fine then was induced then boom my platelettes dropped and they magnesium was awful. I was so low they were about to take me to a csection but was able to give birth naturally( no pain meds bc of how low platelettes were. Just be careful and if you feel off just go ahead and call.
  • Been on bed rest for 3 days went in for NST as scheduled Bp was 158/122. Was told I would probably b induced and was sent right to labor and delivery. Bp was 178/128 apron arrival. Put on left side and over an hour later Bp went down to 145/88. Was told I would probably b sent home then Got up to pee it shot up to 178/110. Checked after 15 mins while sitting up to see if it will go down n it went to 157/105. Dr said they may monitor me over night. Have to wait n see
  • Been on bed rest for 3 days went in for NST as scheduled Bp was 158/122. Was told I would probably b induced and was sent right to labor and delivery. Bp was 178/128 apron arrival. Put on left side and over an hour later Bp went down to 145/88. Was told I would probably b sent home then Got up to pee it shot up to 178/110. Checked after 15 mins while sitting up to see if it will go down n it went to 157/105. Dr said they may monitor me over night. Have to wait n see

I think they would be insane to send you home! T&Ps headed your way :)
  • Since I live 30 mins away from hospital they are keeping me for monitoring. Will decide on what to do in the morning.
  • Since I live 30 mins away from hospital they are keeping me for monitoring. Will decide on what to do in the morning.

Good luck!

Emily

• I was fine then was induced then boom my platelettes dropped and they magnesium was awful. I was so low they were about to take me to a csection but was able to give birth naturally( no pain meds bc of how low platelettes were. Just be careful and if you feel off just go ahead and call.

Congrats on your sweet little girl! Glad all turned out well....is she in the NICU or with you?

Sorry your going through this but it's good they are keeping you too watch you and baby :)
  • MrsMeatball41MrsMeatball41 member
    edited March 2014

I was fine then was induced then boom my platelettes dropped and they magnesium was awful. I was so low they were about to take me to a csection but was able to give birth naturally( no pain meds bc of how low platelettes were. Just be careful and if you feel off just go ahead and call.

Congrats on your sweet little girl! Glad all turned out well....is she in the NICU or with you?
    Thank you!!!! She's in the Nicu and I'm still here as well bc my platelettes are so low and still swelling
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"