April 2014 Moms

High BP/ Preeclampsia check in

MrsMeatball41MrsMeatball41 member
edited March 2014 in April 2014 Moms
I have seen quite a few posts lately and thought maybe we should have a check in like the diabetes ladies (hope this is ok).

So how many weeks are you, when were you diagnosed, what symptoms are you having? what's your highest reading, and is that consistent? What's the plan for your case?

I'm currently 33 weeks with a little girl. 2nd pregnancy, no issues with my first. I just have high BP highest at 160/98 and it's staying in the 140s now. No headaches or anything like that. Currently being observed over night and being told we will have a plan for what's to come tomorrow. Baby will be born before 37 weeks!

Re: High BP/ Preeclampsia check in

• So how many weeks are you 34 + 5 with twins; first (viable) pregnancy
    When were you diagnosed 32 w
    What symptoms are you having? High blood pressure and protein in my urine ( +1 to +4). Some headaches 
    What's your highest reading and is that consistent? 158/98, but usually in the 140s/90s
    What's the plan for your case? Home bed rest, 2x weekly NSTs and daily BP checks, but induction is scheduled for 36 + 4 (moved up from week 37-38 which was already planned due to twins)

IVF #1 Sep '11 - canceled poor response

IVF #2 Nov '11  8R/8M/4F 3dt x2 - chemical

IVF #3 April '12  11R/6M/4F 3dt x2 - m/c

FET #1 Aug 2012  3dt x2 - BFN

**new RE**

IVF #4 Jan '13 BFN 11R/6M/6F 5dt x2 - BFN

IVF #5 July '13 16R/10M/10F 5dt x2 + 1 frostie

9dp5dt Beta 1 = 344!! 16dp5dt. Beta 2 = 4822 7wk u/s= 2 heartbeats!

Twin girls! 3/6/14

• I'm 34 weeks and this is my second baby boy. I had severe pre-e with ds, was put on bed rest for about a month, later hospitalized and ended up with an emergency csection at 36 weeks. My BP has been great this pregnancy until a couple weeks ago. The highest I have seen is 149/130 but most days I have been doing good while resting (120's/80's) but get up around 140's/100 when I was working or when I am too active. I do get headaches, see white spots, feel really hot, and lightheaded when my BP shoots up. The plan is to rest so that I can keep this little guy in as long as possible because I don't want him to end up a premie in the nicu like his big brother.
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm 34 weeks and we discovered I had high bp at 32 weeks. My highest reading was 155/125. My doctor had me start working part time to see if that would help and it did. Right now they have me doing NSTs twice a week and everything seems to be better since I've been half time. There's no plan at this point except putting me on full maternity leave early if my blood pressure gets too high.
  • So how many weeks are you 35w
    When were you diagnosed 8w (naturally high BP not pre-e)
    What symptoms are you having? Slight swelling in ankles, other than that none
    What's your highest reading and is that consistent? 160/86, but usually in the 140s/80s
    What's the plan for your case? Keeping an eye on it, making sure there's no protein, induction set for 40+1
    June Siggy Challenge

imageMy little Princess
    BFP#2 7/28/13 EDD 4/9/14 Birthday : 4/10/14 Adalyn Nanette :)
    BFP#1 6/29/12 LTMC 10/20/12 (20 weeks) induced delivery 10/22/12
    Pregnancy Ticker

• So how many weeks are you: 35weeks 2days
    When were you diagnosed: 20 weeks, PIH
    What symptoms are you having? None actually! It's very frustrating. No swelling/pain/headaches etc or protein just BP spikes
    What's your highest reading and is that consistent? I had a reading of 164/94 at a routine appointment 2 weeks ago. Since then I've been on bed rest and my home readings are generally mid 130s/mid 80s
    What's the plan for your case? Bed rest for now and I'm on 200mg of Labetalol twice a day (I've been on it since 20weeks). I had a growth ultrasound last Friday and LO looked good weighing 5lbs 5oz (40th percentile) but my fluid was a little low at 7. I have another ultrasound this Friday to check again. Fingers crossed it hasn't dropped! My Doctor said 5 is low and they would look to deliver at 3. I'm a FTM so it's pretty nerve wracking. I'm packing my diaper bag and hospital bag this week just in case.
  • 33 weeks today FTM having a boy.
    Diagnosed with hypertension before pregnancy but was regulated w meds.
    Put back on meds around 17 wks.
    Yesterday was monitored in L&D bcuz my Bp was 178/112.
    No signs of pre e yet but keeping an eye out docs aren't sure it it's pregnancy related since I had hbp before.
    Scheduled to be induced at 38 wks regardless of if I develope pre e
    Was told they would take him as early as 34 weeks if it does develop
    I'm supposed to be monitoring it closer at home and watching for signs of pre e
    Current Bp at 6 am after rest today is 152/100 :(
  • Hugs to all
    Of you. I'm not having any other symptom besides the high bp which have come down and rapid weight gain, as well as high protein. But I hv just started not being sick and keeping food down so maybe that's something to do with that.

We have a growth ultrasound today while in the hospital as well as being told we will be here til over the weekend. I'm hoping we can go home and relax before she gets here
  • So how many weeks are you 34 + 1 day
    When were you diagnosed I've been monitored since the beginning since I had pre-e with DD two yrs ago.  Then I was put on bed rest at 36 wks, induced at 38, and after 4 days of induction, magnesium, and meds I ended up with a C-section.  This pregnancy I have been borderline since about 20 wks.  About a month ago I started hovering about/ below the 140/-90 line. 
    What symptoms are you having? High blood pressure, some swelling
    What's your highest reading and is that consistent? 140's/ 90's, but only after work/ when active. 
    What's the plan for your case? Currently we are just watching it and then if its high when I am in the office I get sent for NST's and blood work.  I have already been to L&D 3 times for this.  Its getting exhausting.  I am grateful that I've made it this far and am still working, but its getting tough! 

• I'm 34 weeks and 4 days. I'm pregant with my first and my BP has been great all along. However when I went for my appointment yesterday my BP was 140/90. As an added disclaimer I did break my leg over the weekend and I'm only taking Tylonol for pain. However my doctor freaked out and sent me for blood tests I go back tomorrow to get the results and have a BP check I'm hoping it's back to normal.
  • 33 weeks today FTM having a boy.
    Diagnosed with hypertension before pregnancy but was regulated w meds.
    Put back on meds around 17 wks.
    Yesterday was monitored in L&D bcuz my Bp was 178/112.
    No signs of pre e yet but keeping an eye out docs aren't sure it it's pregnancy related since I had hbp before.
    Scheduled to be induced at 38 wks regardless of if I develope pre e
    Was told they would take him as early as 34 weeks if it does develop
    I'm supposed to be monitoring it closer at home and watching for signs of pre e
    Current Bp at 6 am after rest today is 152/100 :(

UPDATE:
    Went to obgyn again today bcuz Bp has been high since leaving hospital Tuesday today it was 157/110 this morning then came down around 145/100. Went in and got hooked up to monitor baby is not stressing. However dr told me I could not go on my mini baby boom 5 hours away. We were supposed to leave tonight. :( he needs a 24 hour urine ASAP. Basically walking the line of pre e. When urine comes back he will decide on what to do (more meds, best rest, induction, etc). T&P needed. Want this baby to cook for another two weeks at least!!
  • Aw praying for you guys!!!!
  • I'm 36.2 weeks was diagnosed at 30 weeks with PIH. Dr put me on meds but no bedrest. Just starting having horrible headaches and swelling the last couple weeks. Was in the ER Sunday with bp of 165/102 (it normally hangs around 140/90) and +1 protein in my urine. Got my bp down with an extra dose of meds. Baby looked good on the monitors so I was sent home. Waiting on my 24 hr urine test results and am now going to the hospital twice a week for non stress tests. Plan is to let me go as long as I can but if my bp spikes again or I have more protein in urine dr will induce me. If I don't deliver by 40 weeks I'll be induced for sure.
  • I am 36 weeks, 3 days and last week I started not feeling well so I took my bp and it was 140's which was creeping up from what it had been, so dr had me come for NST and a few tests to get baselines and double check everything. All was fine. It has been hovering in 140s /80s for the most part but last night it read 188/99 so he had me go to hospital for monitoring. Everything was fine, no protein in urine, blood work was fine and baby wasn't stressed. I did an 8hr pee catch. After a not so awesome sleep at the hospital my bp was down in 130s/80s and I was released and have another NST on Monday. I haven't been told to take it easy or anything, still working and just watching it for now. He said I could choose to induce at 39 weeks but at this moment I won't and he didn't think it was necessary either, but it's an option.
    Just me, my husband and our two dogs for now; Natural pregnancy 5/2011, mc @ 9 weeks 7/2011; IVF 5/2012, 5 eggs retrieved none fertilized; Natural pregnancy 9/2012, mc @ 10weeks 11/2012; Natural pregnancy 7/2013, due 4/2014
  • @Rachel71189 thinking of you! my short term goal was making it 36weeks which I'll be on Monday. my next goal is 38weeks. I have an appointment this afternoon for a fluid recheck so fingers crossed for a normal BP and lots of fluid!
  • @Rachel71189 thinking of you! my short term goal was making it 36weeks which I'll be on Monday. my next goal is 38weeks. I have an appointment this afternoon for a fluid recheck so fingers crossed for a normal BP and lots of fluid!

Good luck! I would also like to make it to at least 36 weeks I'm only 33 1/2 now!
  • How's everyone doing? I got released for at home monitoring after 4 days in the hospital. We went out today to get groceries and I got one of the carts that you ride. Well on the way home I started seeing floaters- currently waiting on dr to call me back.
  • Wow hope things are ok. I'm waiting for my 24 hr urine results but been taking it easy n monitoring my Bp at home. Today it's been as high as 165/109 and usually stays around 150/103 and I've been resting all day. But no other signs of pre e.
  • SunshinelouSunshinelou member
    edited March 2014
    MrsMeatball41...do you have a home bp monitor?  They aren't perfect but they can usually give a good ballpark range of where your bp is.   I am tracking my bp at home many times a day.  Praying for you, let us know what the doctor says!

@Rachel71189Ashleyahann ... how was your fluid?  I'm getting mine checked Monday.

My bp has been pretty darn good this week but I have been spending most of everyday in bed.  When I get up and about it does raise.  The thing with high bp and pre-e is that it can go from basically normal to way out of control really fast.  I think that is one of the reasons we are all so on edge!
  • @sunshinelou I had a sonogram on the 27th of feb and I'm assuming they are fine because the dr never said anything. I don't have another alnogr scheduled until 2 weeks from now.

Glad ur Bp has been good with rest!
  • The dr never called me back and my bp is back down as I have stayed in bed for the rest of the day. I guess I over did it today :(
  • @sunshinelou it was up to 10 from 7 the week before and my BP at the appointment was 127/76! My Doctors happy and I don't have another growth ultrasound until the 14th. She thinks bed rest is helping the most and told me to keep resting as much as I can.

@MrsMeatball41 if you're concerned I would call again at least to let them know what it's down to now. I'm glad it's lower! Laying down the majority of the time is a bummer but it's helping our babies grow :)
  • @sunshinelou it was up to 10 from 7 the week before and my BP at the appointment was 127/76! My Doctors happy and I don't have another growth ultrasound until the 14th. She thinks bed rest is helping the most and told me to keep resting as much as I can.

@MrsMeatball41 if you're concerned I would call again at least to let them know what it's down to now. I'm glad it's lower! Laying down the majority of the time is a bummer but it's helping our babies grow :)

It is a bummer but worth it! My fluid was a 12 then down to a 9 then back up to 11. They said sometimes that when baby rolls and flips it makes the fluid change ( I never had this with my first)
  • Emilyroche3Emilyroche3 member
    edited March 2014
    So how many weeks are you?- 34 and 1 when were you diagnosed? Yesterday what symptoms are you having? I didn't realize my symptoms were high blood pressure related. Headaches worst in the afternoon. Floats in my eyes. Swelling. Lightheaded, some times a little dazed. what's your highest reading, and is that consistent? Yesterday wS the first time my blood pressure has ever been high. 158/88 What's the plan for your case? Bed rest, I have an appointment in a week and an ultra sound. This has been helpful to read. Thanks ladies. I have no idea what to expect. I've never dealt with high blood pressure in pregnancy before. I wish I could monitor my blood pressure from home, I'm very curious what it is now that I have been resting all day. I still have a headache.

Emily

• I have a monitor that we got from my parents but you can get one from like. $25. To me it's worth it if you can. I just got a high reading even though I feel good right now
  • I have a monitor that we got from my parents but you can get one from like. $25. To me it's worth it if you can. I just got a high reading even though I feel good right now

I agree, it worth it to have one at home as fast as things can change. Symptoms don't always tell the whole story. Sometimes I swear it is up and it is fine and other times I feel just fine and I get high numbers...what was your last one?
  • 158/93 I think, it's written down on the other side of the house lol
  • I keep thinking it was a fluke and my blood pressure will be perfect the rest of the pregnancy.

Emily

• 158/93 I think, it's written down on the other side of the house lol

Keep monitoring and let your doctor know that it is still up even though you are resting. My OB says getting a high reading is not the biggest concern it is when it won't go down after rest that I need to call or go in. Your top number is pretty high but the bottom one is too high but not horrible. Sorry, not trying to be nosey...looking back I pushed myself too far for too long with ds. I don't want anyone else to go through what I did!
  • So how many weeks are you?- 34 and 1 when were you diagnosed? Yesterday what symptoms are you having? I didn't realize my symptoms were high blood pressure related. Headaches worst in the afternoon. Floats in my eyes. Swelling. Lightheaded, some times a little dazed. what's your highest reading, and is that consistent? Yesterday wS the first time my blood pressure has ever been high. 158/88 What's the plan for your case? Bed rest, I have an appointment in a week and an ultra sound. This has been helpful to read. Thanks ladies. I have no idea what to expect. I've never dealt with high blood pressure in pregnancy before. I wish I could monitor my blood pressure from home, I'm very curious what it is now that I have been resting all day. I still have a headache.

Those are high BP symptoms but can also be other things of course. I think a home monitor is a great idea. One high reading doesn't mean you have pre-e or will even continue to have high BP but it is enough of a reason to monitor it...especially if you are having symptoms. Does Tylenol help your headache?
  • I was just admitted on Friday to the hospital. I'm going to be 33 weeks on Tuesday. They found protein in my urine and my highest BP read was 169/105 before being admitted. So far, I had magnesium sulfate and 2 steroid injections. My MD says that I'm not leaving the hospital without the baby in a car seat. They are trying to keep her in until 34 weeks, but we shall see. Good luck to everyone else, and its nice to hear other similar stories.
  • Please don't take chronic headaches lightly. If you're having them, please contact your doctor. I've been on bp meds this entire pregnancy (and had it with my first as well), and it make sure to report even the slightest headache to my ob. Things can come on fast with high bp/pre e, so don't just brush them off.
    First we had you.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Then we had you.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Now we are complete.

• ptbb22 said:

I was just admitted on Friday to the hospital. I'm going to be 33 weeks on Tuesday. They found protein in my urine and my highest BP read was 169/105 before being admitted. So far, I had magnesium sulfate and 2 steroid injections. My MD says that I'm not leaving the hospital without the baby in a car seat. They are trying to keep her in until 34 weeks, but we shall see. Good luck to everyone else, and its nice to hear other similar stories.

Good luck Mama!

Emily

• Well finally got my blood tests back and the doctors office said that they looked good and no pre-e but I still need to go back to the office for BP tests and additional blood work because some other levels were off, hoping everything is ok.
  • Well finally got my blood tests back and the doctors office said that they looked good and no pre-e but I still need to go back to the office for BP tests and additional blood work because some other levels were off, hoping everything is ok.

Well that's great you don't have it but praying you get some answers. Keep us posted!

Well that's great you don't have it but praying you get some answers. Keep us posted!

• ptbb22 said:

I was just admitted on Friday to the hospital. I'm going to be 33 weeks on Tuesday. They found protein in my urine and my highest BP read was 169/105 before being admitted. So far, I had magnesium sulfate and 2 steroid injections. My MD says that I'm not leaving the hospital without the baby in a car seat. They are trying to keep her in until 34 weeks, but we shall see. Good luck to everyone else, and its nice to hear other similar stories.

Good luck with having your sweet little one. I'm affraid I'll be doing this on Monday when I get my 24 hr urine results back but I'll be 34 weeks Wednesday. Prayers for you and ur family! Hang in there. Did u have any other symptoms of pre e other than high Bp?
  • I keep thinking it was a fluke and my blood pressure will be perfect the rest of the pregnancy.

I thought this through my entire ordeal with dd. I think bc I felt fine I couldn't really grasp there was actually a problem. Prior to delivery my bp was like 190/110 (after a 3 day induction) and I still didn't believe it. Now that it's all stating again I'm finally coming to terms I think.

• jenskurn said:

I keep thinking it was a fluke and my blood pressure will be perfect the rest of the pregnancy.

I thought this through my entire ordeal with dd. I think bc I felt fine I couldn't really grasp there was actually a problem. Prior to delivery my bp was like 190/110 (after a 3 day induction) and I still didn't believe it. Now that it's all stating again I'm finally coming to terms I think.
    This exactly. It's hard bc I feel great and then my bp is so high, and I just didn't get that I need to really take it easy.

Side note did anyone get the side pain they talk about. I can't tell if it's It's gas or baby position or the pain they tell you to call with. I feel so on edge bc I'm supposed to be looking out for so many red flags.
    This exactly. It's hard bc I feel great and then my bp is so high, and I just didn't get that I need to really take it easy. Side note did anyone get the side pain they talk about. I can't tell if it's It's gas or baby position or the pain they tell you to call with. I feel so on edge bc I'm supposed to be looking out for so many red flags.
    Well I know it's not a fluke now. Spent a good part of the day in l&d for high bp. I have been told my c-section will be moved up to 37 weeks. Is this normal? I think it's upper tummy pain. I have very mild tummy pain now, but I'm also freaking out about every little thing. Ugh.

Emily

• My dr said upper right rib pain can be the pre e messing with liver. It's very serious.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"