Parenting
Options

Dilemma (Booze related) Thirsty Tuesday

edited March 2014 in Parenting
I am at home with both kids and at the end of my motherfucking rope. I would love a glass of wine but have none.

Should I ask DH to stop and get wine? If I ask him to stop it will be at least another extra 30 minutes alone with both kids and two cats that are practicing their opera vocals. I do have flavored vodka and seltzer as a backup option.

Re: Dilemma (Booze related) Thirsty Tuesday

• Options
    Maybe I will do that. It will delay dinner but may help salvage my sanity.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

VODKA.

ALWAYS VODKA.  
    I actually prefer a good glass of wine to vodka. ::ducks from CG::
  • Options
    Ooh I like the idea of him coming home and taking the kiddos with him. Then you get alone time, wine and no delay to dinner :)

Or you go and get the wine...that works too. Dinner can wait.

Our Little Raspberry Born 3/27/12
  • Options
    LuckyDad said:

NYMama1 said:

I am at home with both kids and at the end of my motherfucking rope. I would love a glass of wine but have none.

Should I ask DH to stop and get wine? If I ask him to stop it will be at least another extra 30 minutes alone with both kids and two cats that are practicing their opera vocals. I do have flavored vodka and seltzer as a backup option.

I'm so glad we have a liquor store a block away and a grocery store that sells the hard stuff.

We have a liquor store less than five minutes away. It would still take DH an extra 30 minutes.
  • Options

Ooh I like the idea of him coming home and taking the kiddos with him. Then you get alone time, wine and no delay to dinner :)

Or you go and get the wine...that works too. Dinner can wait.

There is no way I can convince DH to come home and take our 2 month old and 3 year old to the liquor store. It would be a nice break for me though.
  • Options
    Did you decide?

• Options

Did you decide?

I am either going out for wine when he gets home or drinking vodka. Depends on how late he gets home.

• Options
    That makes sense. I would have a hard time convincing DH to do that and we just have one toddler. I would have to be having a REALLY bad day.

I hope you get to go get your wine but if not I suppose the vodka will suffice.

• Options
    Mama2Ella said:
    This dilemma is why I wish there were drive thru liquor stores... le sigh
    I have one 20 mins from my house.  :D

My life, my love, my boys
    imageimage

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

DS: Liam born 8.30.10 at 35 wks (PPROM, Pre-E, C-Section)

DD: BFP 6.9.13, EDD 2.12.14, A/S 9.20.13... It's a Girl!

Adeline Leigh born sleeping 2.11.14 at 39 wks 6 days

How very softly you tiptoed into our world, almost silently, only a moment you stayed. But what an imprint your footsteps have left upon our hearts. - Dorothy Ferguson

• Options
    Drinking Malbec here too!
    A: 3.07
    G: 6.10
    L: 11.13

• Options
    @NYmama1 glad you got your wine :)

What is Malbec wine like? I have tried and love both Cabernet and moscato. I do not like merlot. I am trying to branch out and try more kinds but I have no idea where to start.

I will be having the last hard cider in the fridge. DH will be home in like an hour so I will probably wait.

• Options
    OMG watching the Girls scene where they divvy up the grandma's pills.../ded
                                                                  #Bodymber14 #Bodygate #itsMillerTime

Bradley 05-04-11 & Tyler 06-18-13
  • Options
    ^^seemed like a good place to put that

• Options
    WasNotWas said:
    OMG watching the Girls scene where they divvy up the grandma's pills.../ded
    That scene was pretty damn funny
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BhqjipgCIAAOz7H.jpg
    -My son was born in April 2012. He pretty much rules.
  • Options
    Drinking whiskey here. I got out of work too late so had to take kids with me to the grocery store.
    Wendy Twins 1/27/06. DS and DD
  • Options
    Thanks @jerseysprouts I have a bottle of moscato and a bottle of cab in the fridge all the time so I can pick whichever one I am in the mood for since they are SO different.

I want to go on a wine tasting so bad but DH is not on board and I don't have any friends that would be into it. My mom hates wine. MIL and her mom would totally be into it bit that sounds like a nightmare!

I decided we are having chicken nuggets and FFs for dinner because I am lazy and nothing sounds good.

I started reading the UO/FFC thread this morning. Slowly making my way through.

• Options
    edited March 2014
    @wiggyslilsis malbec is fruity. I like the ones with a somewhat chocolatey finish. I lurve it. My favorite red.

Edited because of autocorrect
  • Options
    MrsButt said:

I'm drinking a Strongbow. I tried to make pancakes and failed miserably plus I yelled at my kid.

It's been a Terrible Tuesday. As such, I'm drinking accordingly.

Sorry @mrsbutt Hopefully your night improves.

• Options
    Can't drink!!!!!!

Just had milk and Nilla wafers. :D

• Options
    I baked cookies yesterday, we got our girl scout cookies this morning, and I got a box full of flavored popcorn from a friend this afternoon. I want to eat ALL the things!

• Options
    The wine in my fridge is probably no longer fit for consumption. Boo.
    Lilypie - (KNqh)
  • Options
    I did get a hug today from one of my patients. Bonus he didn't stink! : p
    Wendy Twins 1/27/06. DS and DD
  • Options
    The mom's/play date group I joined doesn't drink. Like they have Mom's night out and nobody drinks....WTF?

I would love that @jerseysprouts :)

@mama2ella I live Cupcake wine Red Velvet but haven't tried angel food...how is it?

• Options
    Drinking a lime a rita; enjoying my last night of maternity leave before I go to work in the morning. I think there will be tears shed when I drop my kid off, even though I'm not usually such a ball of emotions.
  • Options
    @wiggyslilsis I liked the red velvet better. And the chardonnay :)
  • Options
    @mrsbutt google Margaret Cho assmaster...your sn makes me think of it everytime

• Options
    I need dessert.  We have nothing good in the house.

• Options
    @gotgingy That would seriously make me so happy.  H did the shopping this week and he got no treats at all.  He sucks.

• Options
    @jerseysprouts feel free to recommend done faves!
    Lilypie - (KNqh)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"