July 2013 Moms

S/O first birthday parties

Why kind of themes are you guys doing?

I think we are going to do a tea party theme. Super girly and adorable.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Re: S/O first birthday parties

• Loading the player...
  • Brilliant idea @lizabethann06 lol
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• MRads said:

Splish splash birthday bash at a splash pad.

That sounds fun! Is a splash pad the outdoor fountain areas kids run through or something else?

I'm thinking shabby chic, bunting/garland with lilac, aqua and pink colors. But, it depends on our house situation. If we're in a sublet apartment I may rent a place like Little Gym to do the party.

NoVA ladies, would you go to an outdoor only party in July with your LO? I was debating a park rental but it may be too hot for that.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • NKaeding said:

Rainbow

"Noelle's big, gay birthday bash"

@stina2012: It definitely could be hot, but if there is a shelter or shade, it'd probably be ok.

We'll be going a cookout at the new place so we'll be risking it. But we'll have a kiddie pool to help keep the kids cool.

And a house people can pop into. Plus June isn't too bad. I was thinking an outdoor only space, but that may not work!
  • We're doing a rodeo theme with pony rides and a petting zoo.

• MRadsMRads member
    Stina2012 said:

MRads said:

That sounds fun! Is a splash pad the outdoor fountain areas kids run through or something else?

I'm thinking shabby chic, bunting/garland with lilac, aqua and pink colors. But, it depends on our house situation. If we're in a sublet apartment I may rent a place like Little Gym to do the party.

NoVA ladies, would you go to an outdoor only party in July with your LO? I was debating a park rental but it may be too hot for that.
    Yes. It has multiple holes in the ground where water comes up through. There are a few local parks with splash pads, so well have a pavilion and I won't have much work to do.

Baby boy 7.10.13
  • I saw a cute whale theme in Pinterest--either navy, lime green and orange, or navy, lime, and aqua colors. Probably just have it at the house, maybe do kiddie pool, sprinklers, and water table for the kids to play in. Think I am doing a Jake/pirate themed birthday at a splash pad park for DS1--how do I have a three year old already?! I haz the sadz :(
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• chiboo9 said:

We're doing a carnival theme. So many cute ideas from Pinterest!

This was what I've been eyeing...country fair/carnival via pinterest...

I also thought about a fox theme since he was obsessed with what does the fox say...but that's more woodland creature and not sure that works for a summer birthday?
    Do a camp theme. You could have s'mores!
  • MRads said:

Stina2012 said:

MRads said:

Yes. It has multiple holes in the ground where water comes up through. There are a few local parks with splash pads, so well have a pavilion and I won't have much work to do.
    That is awesome! What a great idea!
  • MRadsMRads member
    Stina2012 said:

MRads said:

Stina2012 said:

MRads said:

That is awesome! What a great idea!
    I saw it on the Internet, of course.

I wanted to do a baseball theme first birthday party, but then one of the DC babies had one with most of the ideas that I had. So I decided to pick another theme and this one will be easier anyway!

Baby boy 7.10.13
  • We just did a pink and purple first birthday girl type theme for DD1...but that was before pinterest.  Not sure this time around.  Hoping to be outside...so maybe something beach or water based.  She has a lot of older cousins so the pool and such would be used :)  Then again...would require winter to leave WI.
  • Btw if anyone wants some hot pink/white chevron pencil cups ( I thought they'd be cute to put utensils and straws in) let me know, I'll mail them since we won't be using them
  • MH and I haven't even started thinking about it, I'm thinking of doing something simple and small for DD2 like @valstulas.
  • I'm doing a polka dot theme.....we usually do an open house type thing for their first birthday, but I've only had fall babies before so it will be nice to do one outside....probably BBQ and polka dot cake and cupcakes....

Karen - 36      DH - 39

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • scratch that...gonna do an ice cream theme :)  gotta love pinterest :)
  • elyse05 said:

Since LO's b-day is 7/3, I think we are just going to have a 4th of July cook-out birthday.   There will be beer,burgers, watermelon. I'm going for low-key fun. Luckily, it's not usually hot here in early July so I don't think I have to worry about overheating babies!

This is what we will do too!
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I am just going with the theme of one and white, gold, mint and pink.

here's a few examples. image

Oh yea. I saw this on Pintrest. Super cute!
    I'm thinking of doing a fish theme. He loves aquariums!

• I am praying DH finishes our first floor bathroom so we can have a BBQ at home. The room is currently gutted and with a list of about 35, I do not want all those people going upstairs for the bathroom. Instead of a theme, I think I am just going to get pink decorations. I also want a super cute girlie outfit for DD to wear. We have a small bounce house that we will setup, plus the swingset and sandbox to play in. If it is hot, we will setup the baby pool and water table.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • E was born on July 4. Is it terrible to have a 4th themed party? I'm confused. I feel like she needs a good theme, but 4th stuff can be cute too. I've been pinning all day. Haha
  • You all have such cute ideas! I'm going with @valstulas on this one and having a low key birthday.
  • edited March 2014
    4th of July since it'll be 4th of July weekend and we'll be down the Cape w/my family at our cottage
    Some of our extended fam' will be on the Cape too.
  • We are doing you are my sunshine as well - I've had the theme chosen for a few months now.
    Mom to three girls and pregnant with #4!
    L: 7/12/13
    C: 5/11/15
    E: 3/7/17
    Due 11/10/18
  • Splish splash birthday bash with whales a d octopi.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"