Parenting

Did @rondackhiker have her baby?

Just wondering.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: Did @rondackhiker have her baby?

• Nope. Still pregnant.

No dilation and thick as of Friday, and no contractions despite tons of sex and raspberry leaf tea and walking and such so it looks like I'll be in for a RCS on Monday, rather than a VBAC.

image image
  • Sorry Rondack

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Sorry Rondack. I hope everything goes perfectly on Monday.
    Our sweet girl is 3!

Lilypie - (R7Ux)

• Good luck! Hope everything goes smoothly.
    Lilypie - (KNqh)
  • Best wishes for a smooth delivery and healthy mama and LO!

can't get the ticker to work, but I have two sons:

Baby RJ, born 1/25/2014

Formerly Twilightmv
  • Good luck!
    -------------------------------------
  • My MIL is coming for Monday and Tuesday, assuming baby doesn't come tomorrow and I end up with a c-section.

She was surprised tonight to learn dh won't be coming home for dinner and to sleep. She seriously thought he'd leave me and baby at the hospital to eat dinner, put DS to bed, and hang out and sleep.

She figured the nurses would help me.

image image
  • Hugs mama. Come on out baby! We want to see you!
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

It takes a special amount of bitch to induce menstruation in another person. - LovelyRitaMeterMaid

Rap Roller
  • My MIL is coming for Monday and Tuesday, assuming baby doesn't come tomorrow and I end up with a c-section.

She was surprised tonight to learn dh won't be coming home for dinner and to sleep. She seriously thought he'd leave me and baby at the hospital to eat dinner, put DS to bed, and hang out and sleep.

My exH stayed with our 13 month old. My mom stayed at the hospital with me. He didn't sleep well in hospitals as most people don't and one of us needed to not be sleep deprived.
    And if that's what the plan was, it'd be fine... But I'd think most people would not assume that he'd be leaving me alone each night to come home for dinner/evening/bedtime/sleep while I'm alone at the hospital.

image image
  • Good luck! You don't know the sex right? Do you have names finalized?

Harry Styles = Life Ruiner

There’s a lightning in your eyes I can't deny
    Then there’s me inside a sinking boat running out of time
    Without you I'll never make it out alive
    But I know, yes, I know we’ll be alright
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    J. 1.14.13 my reason for breathing 

That's what my H did w/ our 2nd. But I told him to go home and take care of DS (plus he snores) and I had a vaginal delivery.

image   image

• Good luck!
    Alexander 03/13/2008 Jace 03/20/2013 

• Good luck!!

Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

• Thanks all!

I think one reason her comment irritates me so much is that it's part of a pattern... She often expresses shock/annoyance that dh can't get off work early when she visits or that he can't just "take a day off because it's Memorial Day/whatever holiday and your mom is here...". She doesn't get his job at all and doesn't get that even on holidays or when she visits, his patients still need care and he doesn't get off work just because she drove an hour to visit for the weekend. It's an ongoing mild conflict and between that and being 40 weeks, it annoyed me.

I am hoping dh can go home to see DS often. We're only five minutes away, but with DS I had a really rough c-section and couldn't even sit up for three days without help and DS was in the NICU. I'll rely on the nurses occasionally, but if it's at all similar to DS's birth I'm planning on not feeling guilty for being needy.

image image
  • I have a similar relationship with my MIL. No matter how many times you state what you want she asks again like she has never heard of what you have been talking about. And add being SO pregnant on top of that, you have every right to be irritated and low on patience.

I hope your recovery is better than last time. 24 hrs til you hold that baby!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Good luck tomorrow!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• GL tomorrow @rondackhiker.

DH stayed with me after all of my c sections as the hospital wouldn't allow the baby to room in overnight with out someone staying with me.

The recovery from my 2nd/3rd c sections was dramatically easier than my 1st. I hope you have the same experience.
    https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/1e/60/2a/1e602a4261a90b9c761ebe748b780318.jpg    https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/47/2c/07/472c076006afed606241716dd0db828a.jpg 
  • Good luck tomorrow!!! Unless you're in labor now  ;)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
                                         DS is 1DAF

"I realize I say the word fuck a lot, and I'd like to apologize but I don't give a shit." -Lewis Black
  • Best of luck tomorrow!

• olp920 said:

I have a similar relationship with my MIL. No matter how many times you state what you want she asks again like she has never heard of what you have been talking about. And add being SO pregnant on top of that, you have every right to be irritated and low on patience.

I hope your recovery is better than last time. 24 hrs til you hold that baby!

She's mostly wonderful. She does a lot for us and is kind and DS adores her and I LOVE their relationship. But she tends toward passive aggressive and guilt trip, and she tend to hear what she wants to hear and assume we'll do things the way she would/the way that makes it easy for her, and then she'll be shocked it isn't that way. It's never been terrible since we set boundaries early on, just usually mildly annoying.

image image
  • I have a similar relationship with my MIL. No matter how many times you state what you want she asks again like she has never heard of what you have been talking about. And add being SO pregnant on top of that, you have every right to be irritated and low on patience. I hope your recovery is better than last time. 24 hrs til you hold that baby!
    She's mostly wonderful. She does a lot for us and is kind and DS adores her and I LOVE their relationship. But she tends toward passive aggressive and guilt trip, and she tend to hear what she wants to hear and assume we'll do things the way she would/the way that makes it easy for her, and then she'll be shocked it isn't that way. It's never been terrible since we set boundaries early on, just usually mildly annoying.

I love titted this bc this is my ILs, except more than mildly annoying bc they keep pushing/insisting until you cave and do what they want. Thinking of you today!
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

It takes a special amount of bitch to induce menstruation in another person. - LovelyRitaMeterMaid

Rap Roller
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"