October 2014 Moms

The good, the bad, the ugly (just a vent)

The good: Yesterday started out as a fantastic day. DH and I saw our little pumpkin for the first time. We measured at 7w5d with a heartbeat if 153. Over the moon happy! So guess I will have to start a siggy for EDD now of 10/11.  We are first time parents and it is all so surreal.  DH came home last night and said that was the most amazing thing he's ever seen in his life and it was all he could think of all day. :)

The bad: I found out yesterday that my district is changing insurance for next school year so starting September 1 we will have a different provider. I am just hoping my Dr. and hospital are preferred under this new insurance.   Unfortunately they will not be able to tell us anything about plans or rates until June or July. :( so that is stressing me out.  Oh yeah and even if we didn't change plans I realized my deductible restarts Sept. 1.

The ugly: Last night my 13 year old pug had puss coming out of his paw. Later in the evening he would not stop messing with it and it was bleeding. Took him to the emergency clinic (was there until almost 1am) and was told that he might have cancer and he needs to get checked, They said they found a mass in his paw. The vet wanted to do $490 worth of labs and stuff. Of course I was crying and emotional and alone since DH was at work. I decided to wait and take him to his vet today. Luckily got better news from his vet. His vet said right now they are going to treat him for an infection and in 2 weeks if it is still swollen then check for cancer. So although it started out ugly there is still hope. Fingers crossed he just cut himself and it's just an infection, he has been a huge part of my life for 13 years and I really want him and baby to get to know each other. For now though he gets to wear a cone and rest. 

Thanks for reading just needed to get that off my chest, it was an emotional 24 hours. Now sleep deprived (had to wake up at 6 for work) I am glad it's the weekend.

Re: The good, the bad, the ugly (just a vent)

• Holy hell.  That sounds like a really terrible day!  FX everything works out and your dog is okay.
    Son: Jackson, 11/02/06, stillborn due to PPROM and IUGR. Over the next ten years we had 9 miscarriages from 8-14 weeks. On May 18, 2016 my daughter, Ridley, was born. We're OADNBC.
  • I am so sorry. ::hugs::

imageSoon to be San Diego Mommy! 

Pregnancy Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • That is a lot of stuff going on. Fx for you on all fronts.
  • I'm glad you had a good US, but I'm really sorry about your pug.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • ((hugs)) to you and I hope your dog gets better soon!

Jackson: December 09' 
    Remington: July 12'
    Piper Jo: October 14'
    m/c on 10/18/13. We miss you Peyton

• Fx your pug is ok! Keep us updated :) 
    Daisypath - (fpox)Lilypie - (cr8G)  Lilypie - (jTpT)Lilypie - (LZoT)
    Started Dating DH 09/03/2009 Married 07/01/2011 
    Surprise BFP 10/18/2008 EDD 06/19/2009 DS #1 Born 06/16/2009
    TTC #2 12/2010 BFP 05/15/2011 EDD 01/09/2012 DS #2 Born 01/11/2012
    DH adopted DS #1 06/25/2012
    TTC #3 06/2013 BFP 02/19/2014 EDD 10/30/2014 DS #3 Born 10/10/2014

• poor puppy!!!1  I hope he gets better quickly and that its all good news.  Glad you got to see your LO on us!!!!  and by the way insurance sucks! I hate dealing with that crap.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

(BFP 2/7/14. Miscarriage 4/3/14 at 12 weeks)

TTGP September Siggy Challenge: Teen Crush

• I'm glad you got to see your pumpkin yesterday. I'm sorry about your dog. I hope he feels better soon!

Me- 36 DH- 40 ***TTC since 1/13

BFP #1 - 4/3/13 *** EDD 12/13/13 ***M/C 4/12/13 @5wks 1 day

BFP#2 - 1/29/14 ***EDD 10/11/14

It's a GIRL!!!

BabyFruit Ticker

• Something always has to rain on our parade somehow! I sure hope your sweet pug is ok. Keep us posted. ((Hugs))

*January Siggy Challenge - Snow Fails*

imageimageimage

• Wow what a day! Well congrats on the ultrasound that is awesome! Can your district tell you at least which provider you are going to be with so you can ask your doctor? I hope your pug feels better soon, I have a 4-year old pug named Shelby and she is so amazing and great with my DD!

BabyFruit Ticker

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

BFP#1: 11/20/11, EDD 7/25/12, Emily Iris arrived 7/29/12 at 7 lb., 3.5 oz.

BFP#2: 8/25/13, EDD 5/4/14, MMC confirmed on 9/23/13, D&C on 9/26/13

BFP#3: 2/3/14, EDD 10/15/14, fraternal TWINS confirmed 2/21/14, two BOYS confirmed on 4/15/14!

• Aww I'm so sorry your had such a shitty day. I hope your doggy gets better soon. T & P for him.
    April Siggy Challenge: Favorite Flower- Dahlia

image   image
    Married July 2012
    TTC Since March of 2013
    First BFP: 1-26-14

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Thanks for all your support. I will definitely keep you all updated about my dog.  Besides the cone head he seems to be feeling ok. Gonna stay positive and hope it's just an infection. As for seeing the little one I am still soaking it all in.
  • bwobwo member
    So sorry you're going through all this.  I hope your dog has a speedy recovery and everything turns out fine. 
    Me & DH: 34 - Married 2011
    DS: 10-9-14
    MC: 9-4-16

• So sorry for your fur baby (obviously I am a huge pug lover, my dog really is my first baby). FX that it is not serious and he gets better soon!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
    BabyName TickerBabyName Ticker
  • Poor pup! Fx for good results. I hope the insurance stuff works in your favor. My company switches providers frequently and I know what a headache it causes people.
     Daisypath Anniversary tickers        Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Oct Angel*BFP 1/25/14 * EDD 10/6/14 * US#1 2/26/14 *US#2 3/3/14 no heartbeat*d&c 3/12/14*

BFP 1/17/15 * EDD 9/30/15

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"