September 2013 Moms
Options

My hair in LOs eye

I just noticed a thick hair in LOs eye.. I can't see any ending to the hair, it looks like it could have wrapped around.. Is that possible?

Ive been trying to call nurses and the hospital to see if I should take her in but I've had no answer!

I've tried rinsing her eye out. Tried a cotton swab in the corner but it won't come out enough to pull it out, and in afraid to pull on her hair in case it slices her eye ball (please tell me that's not possible) I've tried a wet facecloth, I tried letting her cry a bit to rinse it naturally.. Nothing is working!

The hair is completely vertical on the inner part of the eye, but again there's no end of the hair in sight...

Any suggestions??

Re: My hair in LOs eye

• Options
    I just got a hold of a nurse who was not much help, but she said to take her to the ER. Now my question is.. Is there something they will do that I can't do?
  • Options
    go to the ER, idk how a hair would get wrapped around, but better to be safe
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    That would scare me. I find my hair all over so let us know how it goes.

Good luck!
  • Options
    Good luck! Hope it ends up being an easy fix

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    BurrberrymumBurrberrymum member
    edited February 2014
    Thanks! It's a long wait but better safe than sorry.. I'm not even sure they have any kind of procedure for something like this so I'm hoping for the best. All I could think about is how hair cuts finger tips and toes, I'm paranoid it will cut her eyeball! (Hope that's not possible)
  • Options
    oh wow good luck, hope it all works out. Didn't know that was even possible. 
  • Options
    Thanks for the positive vibes, we finally just got home. They didn't quite know what to do, had 2 doctors look and were a little stumped on how to go about getting it out. They said it does have to come out though so they called one of the best optometrists we have, he came from home just for us! I'm so thankful for his helping hand! They froze her eye and managed to get it out with a swab! Go figure. Lol but it's not something I could have done safely on my own so I'm feeling grateful for their care.
  • Options
    I am glad to hear that everything is OK.
  • Options
    Holy cow I didn't even know this was possible! I'm so happy your LO is ok & all is well!

• Options
    If it wasn't so late I would have went straight to the hair dresser to have her cut it all off! I'm so tired of all this postpartum hair loss.. It's everywhere! Literally! Lol eyes and all!

Thanks again for the positive vibes, it felt like such a silly little thing but it could have hurt her eye so I'm happy as ever that they removed it so carefully.
  • Options
    Omg that is so scary! My hair is everywhere with post-partum hair loss too, thank you for posting this, I've never heard of that happening.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker}

• Options
    Wow. I'm so glad she's ok. That is just crazy.
    I am getting my hair cut off today. It's so annoying but now I know it can be dangerous too. Yikes!
  • Options
    I'm glad everything worked out!!
  • Options
    I'm glad she's okay! Like PPs said I had no idea this was possible!
    Lilypie - Personal pictureBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicimageimagePregnancy Ticker
    August '15 January Siggy Challenge "Favorite Mean Girl" 
    Marianne Bryant - Easy A
  • Options
    Well

Seriously though. Glad everything's okay!
  • Options
    Awww poor little cutie!! I'm glad that everything turned out ok!

BFP: 1/17/13 EDD: 9/20/13 Dalenna Rose Born: 40 wks 4 days 9/24/13

FTM to my sweetpea Miss D.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    So glad your LO is okay! How terrifying. I'm adding this to my ever-growing list of things to be paranoid about!
  • Options
    Omg! What a random thing to have happen. Glad she's ok!
  • Options
    Did they say whether the hair was actually somehow wrapped around or into the eye socket?

• Options
    It wasn't tangled but the hair was long enough that both ends were far enough back. It was vertically hugging the eye ball I guess you can say?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"