September 2014 Moms

Telling work today

I am telling work today that I am pregnant...  I don't know why I am dreading this so much (probably because I have only been here 3 months) but I really need to tell them before my next appointment in a week.  I was going to do it before lunch, then after lunch, now I am shooting for the end of the day.  Worst part is I will have to have this conversation 4 times as I report to so many people.  Wish me luck!!

Re: Telling work today

• Good luck!  I'm sure it will be fine :)
  • I told my office yesterday and they responded that they won't be renewing my contract in August because I'm contract and they won't bring in a temp to cover me for maternity leave. I bet yours goes better though. :D
  • Loading the player...
  • I understand how you feel. I haven't told work yet either because I don't want to deal with my boss's reaction. She said some very negative things during my last pregnancy and while I was breastfeeding. I know she's not going to understand having 2 kids so close in age since her own sons are at least 10 years apart. Not looking forward to it.
    PCOS with long, irregular cycles
    First round of Clomid in May 2012= BFP #1, DD born January 2013 
    BFP #2 in January 2014, DS born September 2014

View Full Size Image     View Full Size Image   

• Good luck! Let us know how it goes. I haven't told mine yet either. Though I need to so I can stop making up weird excuses for doctors appointments.

*O17 June Siggy Challenge - You had 1 job!*
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'm in a similar boat. My LMP was my start date so basically I'll be out after only working with them for nine months. I just had my NT scan yesterday and baby was in there so my plan is to sit with my supervisor and her manager on Monday morning (hopefully both are there) and tell them but let them know I love working here and will be taking as little time off as I can. If they aren't there, it gets pushed back a week. So nervous and I'm pretty sure they will respond favorably but I'm still anxious.
    TTC #1: September 2013, BFP 01/01/14, DS 09/14
    TTC #2: October 2018, BFP 02/02/19, EDD 10/14/19

• Good luck! I hope everyone shares in your excitement!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I completely understand the worry about telling work. We got the BFP only 2 weeks before I started my current job, and probably won't hit the 9 month mark (if we do, only barely) before I go out on ML.
    July Siggy Challenge: Summer Pool Fails

BabyFetus Ticker
    BFP: 01.07.14 | Due Date: 09.17.14
  • Good luck!

I decided to tell my boss yesterday since we had another u/s on Wednesday, and baby is doing great. I figured my boss should know why I was out so much (previously had weekly appointments with RE), and I wanted him to know before anyone starts suspecting. I was nervous about it, but it went much better than I anticipated.
  • Thanks for all the good vibes!  The office manager is already gone so I guess I have to wait until Monday now. Oh Well!!

Hopefully it goes well for all of us who still have to let the cat out of the bag.

@AccioKittyCat  I am so sorry to hear that is how it went for you. 
  • Good luck! I did this last Friday and it went very well! I was nervous because I've only been here 2 months (barely). I got my BFP on 12/28 and started on 12/30.

Married: 6/4/2005Start TTC early 2012 May 2013: PCOS Diagnosis August 2013: Uterine Septum Removal November 2013: 1st round clomid, ovidrel trigger December 2013: 2nd round clomid, ovidrel trigger, BFP!!! August 2014: Baby girl arrives! February 2016: Ready for #2 May 2016: starting again with clomid, ovidrel trigger June 2016:  BFP!!! EDD: 2/21/16

• Good luck ladies!
    I started my job right after my BFP and it's been hanging over me... My next ultrasound is the 10th and I'm planning on telling my boss the following day. I'll be 12.5 weeks and I'm SO nervous!
  • Ugh, I am dreading telling work. Hoping to put it off until 16 weeks. With my last a coworker asked if the baby was planned. I was so insulted. Wish I had responded, no I am a married woman in her thirties who has no idea how babies are made. Afraid of what gems people will come up with this time.
  • I was dreading telling work, more nervous than I was to tell family. I had a lot of dr appointment and now have to get the blood work and the glucose test done, they are strict about time off coming in late/leaving early so I had to tell them since I will be in late next week and will have dr appointments. They were great about it. I work in a family run office so my bosses are awesome. GL to all you ladies telling your work hope it goes well!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

BabyFetus Ticker

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"