Trying to Get Pregnant

CP: Stupid fears carried over from childhood

edited February 2014 in Trying to Get Pregnant
Hey y'all! I am twiddling my thumbs on the bench just waiting for AF (I've got about 3 weeks to go) so I'm just idly curious to see who all has fears they still carry from childhood. I ask because I posted about my creepy backyard cemetery. I am 31 years old and I am scared of ghosts. If I look in the dark hard enough I'll make up things in my head and freak myself out. It's pretty awful.

Am I the only one? What are you still afraid of, if anything? Or are you a brave soul who abandoned all her childhood fears as soon as you turned 18?

CP: Stupid fears carried over from childhood 104 votes

Ghosts - I swear my house is haunted!
18% 19 votes
Aliens - It's not a matter of IF, but WHEN!
4% 5 votes
My creepy neighbor who never leaves the house - what does he DO all day?
5% 6 votes
Monsters - Laugh all you want, but Big Foot is real!
1% 2 votes
Vampires - Not Edward Cullen, more like the Volturi.
1% 2 votes
I am not afraid of any of this nonsense because it's not real.
22% 23 votes
I'm so scared even the dark bothers me!
17% 18 votes
SS - whatcha got?
27% 29 votes

Re: CP: Stupid fears carried over from childhood

• I'm afraid that I'll get stuck in an elevator and nobody will ever get me out. 

Mom to 4 wonderful children: T(8), B(6) ,M(3), and A(1)
    baby #5 due 12-07-14
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • I totally believe in ghosts. Plus, my workplace is supposed to be hunted (yep, people died in this building). Whenever I work late and no one is here I swear I hear sounds. 
    Married 5/12/12
    BabyFruit Ticker
    69 Thoughts We've All Had While Drunk

• Loading the player...
  • I put the neighbor bit up because C's family lives next door to these people who literally bricked their windows shut and the few upstairs windows they have are covered in black screens.  It's always given me the heebie-jeebies.  What are they hiding?  What are their secrets?  I don't trust people who block out their houses like that!!!

• Worms.  I remember my brothers trying everything to get me to be okay with touching them.  I said they were slimy so I couldn't touch them.  My brothers tied a broom to the back of their bike, put the worms on the broom,  then rode up and down the dusty driveway so the worms would be covered in dust and not slimy.   I still couldn't touch them.

This is more of a phobia than a fear.....but since I had this childhood story to go with it.....why not. 

Nov. '14 January Siggy : Work Sucks!

Me 32-DH 38

Married July 14, 2007  ----- TTC # 1 October 1, 2013
    BFP   March 7, 2014  -----  EDD November 17, 2014 ---- Baby boy born November 16, 2014

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • the dark, I am still very afraid of the dark, and sleep with lights on.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    BabyFetus Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I am so scared of the dark it's friggen' ridiculous. We even have a night light in our bedroom.....and everywhere else in the house, so it's never pitch black. I hate it. I get super nervous that someone is watching me, or in the house and we don't know it, or some damn irrational thought enters my head. I won't even watch scary movies UNLESS it's day time.

BabyFruit Ticker

• I believe in ghosts but for some reason am not overly afraid of them! I am, however, terrified of flying. It started when I was younger, but in my teens so not really childhood.
    TTC#1 since November, 2013

May Siggy Challenge: Favorite Meme

• AlfiesMOM said:
    I hate looking outside a window or sliding glass door at night. I have this irrational fear (based on all the scary movies I have watched) that someone will be standing there if I pull the curtains back or if I look outside and there is a street light for some reason EVERY TIME I think someone will be standing under it staring at me! FREAK me out I get chills just thinking about!
    Girl, I am RIGHT THERE with you. Hell to the NO.

BabyFruit Ticker

• mmb248mmb248 member
    edited February 2014
    The End of the World.  Seriously.  The Amazing Grace lyrics about being there 10,000 years and still have no less time than when we first began?  Scares the crap out of me.

The children's choir sang it when I was 7, and I came home from choir practice and bawled all night because trying to understand infinity terrified me.  It still makes my head feel like it's imploding, my face burns, and my body gets chills.  My dad taught me to pray that God would give my mind peace.  It's literally the only way I can get rid of the sick feeling.  Silver lining - that tip has worked great in every part of my life. 

To be clear - I'm not afraid of where I'm going in the afterlife, just how long it's going to last.
    imageimage
    Me: 33     DH: 38
    TTC since August 2011
    DX:  PCOS and subseptate uterus
    August 2013:  Clomid + Trigger + IUI TI = BFN
    September 2013:  Clomid + Trigger + TI = BFN
    October 2013:  Clomid + Trigger + IUI canceled
    November 2013:  NTNP
    April 2013:  Femara + Trigger + IUI = ???
  • I'm afraid of getting locked inside a public bathroom, most specifically airplane bathrooms and porta potties.  To this day I will not lock the door, I just hold it shut and pee as fast as I can.
    photo 7ce353dd-36ff-42be-84c5-8548c1d4fa1cjpg
    BFP #1 11/28/09 ~ EDD 8/6/10 ~ DS Born 8/9/10
    BFP #2 8/27/13 ~ EDD 5/8/14 ~ Natural MC 9/18/13 at 6 weeks, 6 days
    BFP#3 3/28/14 ~ EDD 12/7/14 ~ DD Born 11/21/14
    BFP#4 6/15/17 ~ EDD 2/20/18

• I'm only afraid of big kid issues, like bills, losing loved ones, and whales.  
    @happyhour73  Did you see that news story recently about the lady who was on a whale watching trip and a whale came out of the water so close to the boat it tagged her with it's giant fin??
  • Insects of some sort crawling all over my body. I used to have nightmares about it as a child and I still do.
    @katnhiding I still have night terrors about spiders and bugs.  DH thinks it's hilarious, but it's so vivid to me, I'll wake up and think they're every where, sometimes it's so bad I jump out of bed swatting at them before I wake myself up and realize how crazy I must look. 
  • I have a serious fear of my mom passing away, and I always have. I seriously just feel like I don't know what I would do in this world if my mom wasn't here. I can't explain it, I know one day it has to happen but it scares me almost to tears sometimes. My mom is 52 and every time I think about how she is getting older, it sends me into a fit of anxiety.

Married 9/28/13    Not TTC but I will love the ladies of the TTGP board forever           

image image

Every time I see this dog, I want it. 

TTGP April siggy challenge
    image     Turbo Man

• Our house was built in 1929. We are completely remodelling it right now. Apparently this sort of thing really pisses them off so I'm a little scared to move back in.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Little O- 2/25/12
    BFP 2/28/14 MMC 14W2D D&C 5/07/14

• emsrdh03 said:

I'm only afraid of big kid issues, like bills, losing loved ones, and whales.  
    @happyhour73  Did you see that news story recently about the lady who was on a whale watching trip and a whale came out of the water so close to the boat it tagged her with it's giant fin??
    I feel bad for thinking this is funny.

Married 9/28/13    Not TTC but I will love the ladies of the TTGP board forever           

image image

Every time I see this dog, I want it. 

TTGP April siggy challenge
    image     Turbo Man

• AlfiesMOM said:
    I hate looking outside a window or sliding glass door at night. I have this irrational fear (based on all the scary movies I have watched) that someone will be standing there if I pull the curtains back or if I look outside and there is a street light for some reason EVERY TIME I think someone will be standing under it staring at me! FREAK me out I get chills just thinking about!
    OMG, my asshole friend totally did that to me once! I was sitting in my apartment reading a book and I glanced up at the window (my blinds were open) and I saw him staring at me and I screamed, nearly falling off the couch. So fucking creepy.
  • I'm scared of ghosts. I've had experiences that were eerie.
    Oh my... care to share a story?
  • I'm scared of looking at mirrors at night (Bloody Mary) and of seeing something when I look out windows at night.
    Lilypie - Personal picture    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers  Lilypie - Personal picture    
  • Dark. Intruders. House catching on fire. Clowns. Toys/inanimate objects coming to life a la Toy Story. The Muppets.

I'll stop there.
    imageimageimage
    BFP 6/15/14   EDD: 2/24/15

BabyFetus Ticker
  • I am still scared of the dark.

Oh and dying.

https://31.media.tumblr.com/0e004fc06de8560c7b08afd8da184426/tumblr_inline_mxveimFLAn1s4d130.gif
                                                                             Me: 28  H: 28  DS: 4
    [TTC Since October 2013] [ BFP 1.27.15  EDD: 10.8.15]
    I WEAR ORANGE FOR MY GRANDMA- SUPPORT KIDNEY CANCER AWARENESS
    Trinitrotoluene: "My ears have been deflowered
....my mouth just hasn't been!"

BabyFruit Ticker 
                                        BabyFetus Ticker
  • nikiz628 said:
    I am still scared of the dark.

Oh and dying.
    This sounds weird, but dying isn't something that really scares me. I fear the pain before death (should I have a horrible death) but if I knew I wouldn't wake up after I fell asleep tonight I wouldn't be afraid.
  • I'm not afraid of most of the things you listed, but I am afraid of the dark and of someone breaking in to my house or kidnapping me. Lol.
  • I am pretty much scared of the dark in general. When my husband works out of town our electricity bill is much higher because I leave every light on. I'm mostly afraid of people breaking into my house. We live in the country so no one would hear my scream. 

BabyFruit Ticker
    imageimage image

Stopped BC 5/13
    Started temping/charting 9/13
    CP 11/13
    BFP!!!! 7/16/14
  • I'm SO afraid of ghosts. I'm always afraid I'm going to wake up in the middle of the night and see a scary ghost staring at me. Along the lines of ghosts, I've also always been afraid of being possessed by a demon.

BabyFetus Ticker

Anniversary

BabyFruit Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BFP: 6/4/14       EDD: 2/11/15
  • I am terrified of the dark. I can't even watch scary movies or I will have nightmares.

Funny story: when I was little my dad told me monsters were afraid of music, so I always had the radio on at bedtime and I would sing to myself while walking to the bus stop in the a early mornings to keep them away. To this day I will sing if I have to go outside or be somewhere dark. 
    married 7.11.09
    Me: 31 DH: 36
    DD (14) and DS (11) adopted from US Foster care December 2016
    BFP April 24, 2018 | EDD December 29, 2018
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Chuckie the killer doll. I literally CANT!

------------
    Razz *
    Me 24: PCOS & elevated Prolactin --- H 28: SA great
    Married <3 September 2012 -- TTC #1 Since September 2013

Femara 5mg + Ovidrel + TI + Progesterone
    = BFP!
    Beta #1:  12/24  371  -  Beta #2:  12/26  898

• Zombies - I watched Night of the Living Dead at a formative age.  Basements.  Spiders.

Also, I get major heebie jeebies over looking in the bathroom mirror in the middle of the night.

image   My chart 

• I'm very terrified of stalkers. I've never had an experience with one but since I was little I've always been scared of being watched. I have nightmares about it at least twice a week.
    I had a stalker a few years ago when DH was still traveling for work most of the month. It was one of the scariest things I have ever dealt with. He never came around my apartment, but I was constantly harassed at work... Hundreds of phone calls and awful messages left for me. I remember being so scared he would find out where I lived. I wasn't the only one either. The guy targeted women at the campus where I worked and would choose a new person to fixate on every year or so. I was "lucky" enough to be randomly chosen by this psycho and the police never caught him. I was so relieved when we moved to a different part of the state. The stalker was a huge reason we got such a large dog and let him sleep in the bed with us(me).
    married 7.11.09
    Me: 31 DH: 36
    DD (14) and DS (11) adopted from US Foster care December 2016
    BFP April 24, 2018 | EDD December 29, 2018
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • how could you miss the creepiest things of all?? zombies..... that word isnt even aloud to be uttered in our house especially around bed time because it gives me nightmares... just typing the word has given me shivers
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• SS Clowns!!

ME: 29 DH:29
    TTC #1 since September 2013
    BFP Aug 27 2014, EDD- May 9 2015 - MMC Oct 16 2014

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"