October 2013 Moms
Options

Brunch Recipes

Does anyone have any go to easy brunch recipes? We are invited to a potluck brunch for the resident's in DH's program on sunday and I have no idea what to bring. I am hoping to make something vegetarian. Make ahead would be a great bonus!

Re: Brunch Recipes

• Options
    Number of Servings: 6

Garden Veggie Fritatta

Ingredients

1 pound asparagus6 ounces button mushrooms1 tbsp olive oil1 clove garlic1 shallot1 small or 1/2 large zucchini6 large eggs1/3 cup 1% milk1 tsp salt1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepperdash nutmeg1 tbsp chopped chives1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese2 medium or 1 large tomato
      Directions 1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.2. Wash and trim asparagus and cut into 1-inch long pieces. Blanche asparagus in boiling water for 1-2 minutes and immediately shock in ice water. Drain and dry asparagus, set aside.3. Clean and slice mushrooms. In a skillet, heat olive oil and saute the mushrooms over medium heat for about ten minutes. While they cook, grate or finely mince the garlic and shallots. Add the garlic and shallots to the mushrooms and continue to cook for about two minutes more. Remove the mushroom mixture from the heat and set aside.4. Cut the zucchini in half lengthwise and slice into thin, half-moon shapes.5. In a large bowl, beat together eggs, milk, salt, pepper, nutmeg, and chives. Add asparagus, mushroom mixture, and zucchini.6. Lightly spray a 2-quart baking dish (11 x 7 x 1.5) with cooking spray. Pour the egg and vegetable mixture into the dish.7. Thinly slice tomatoes and arrange on top of the egg mixture. Sprinkle parmesan cheese over the top and bake in the oven until set, about 30-35 minutes. If desired, place under the broiler for 2-3 minutes to brown the top.8. Allow the frittata to cool before serving. Frittata can be made ahead and chilled, covered, overnight -- allow to come to room temperature before serving.Makes 6 servings
    (from sparkrecipe.com)
      photo 978af5ba-08bb-4481-86d8-3ab82265c5c3_zpsc80d6cf2.jpg div align="center">photo f1bdfba8-890a-4221-be22-61d4a9f99eee_zps89ebc57e.jpg
      Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
      JLW0504JLW0504 member
      edited February 2014
      Introduction This is a great dessert that's delicious when strawberries are in season. Minutes to Prepare: 2 Minutes to Cook: 5 Number of Servings: 2 Ingredients 3 T cream cheese, low fat, softened 1 c strawberries, sliced 1 whole wheat pita bread 1 sprig fresh mint Directions Cut pita bread in half. Gently open pocket. Combine cream cheese with 1/4 cup of the strawberries, mashing the berries as you mix. Spread half of mixture inside each half of the pita. Fill with remaining strawberries. Heat a cast iron pan or skillet to warm. Spray sandwich with nonstick spray and grill both sides until golden. Enjoy warm. Garnish with mint. (also from sparkrecipe.com)
      photo 978af5ba-08bb-4481-86d8-3ab82265c5c3_zpsc80d6cf2.jpg div align="center">photo f1bdfba8-890a-4221-be22-61d4a9f99eee_zps89ebc57e.jpg

• Loading the player...
    • Options
      mmmmm I have a kick ass sour cream coffee cake (with cinnamon and mini choc chips) from my g'ma that could work. .if it interests you let me know and I can photo the recipe.
      Daisypath Anniversary tickers
      March Siggy Challenge: whatever you want! --> ORIGINAL CHALLENGE: GIF YOUR BABY!
      Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    • Options
      Wine.

Directions: 
      go to the store on your way to the event
      buy the first large, chilled bottle of moscato you can find
      check out
      drink all the wine

• Options
      i made a really good baked french toast with strawberries, cream cheese, and a strawberry syrup. i can find the recipe if you want
      @crunchymama11 this sounds great! I would love the recipe.
    • Options

here is the link to recipe https://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Strawberry-Cream-Cheese-French-Toast/Detail.aspx?event8=1&prop24=SR_Title&e11=baked french toast casserole&e8=Quick Search&event10=1&e7=Recipe&soid=sr_results_p1i20

i used 1 loaf of challah bread, added a dash of cinnamon and vanilla to the egg mixture, reduced the sugar to 3/4 cup, and did not add the butter.

This sounds amazing!
      April2014 Siggy Challenge - Bunnies
      imageimageimage     
      imageimage

• Options
      I like to make my omelets in the muffin pan .. its a good individual serving size .. doesnt take too long.

you can add what ever you like.

I usually make them out of egg whites because they are healthier bu you can use whole eggs

cilantro
      onions
      cheese
      tomatoes

I have also sauteed
      the onions , cilantro ,tomatoes with some olive oil
      and added chorizo to it and then added them to the pan
      and poured the egg mixture into the muffin pans

set oven to 350 degreesand cook for about 20mins.

< image
    This discussion has been closed.
    Choose Another Board
    Search Boards
    "
    "