Pregnant after a Loss
Options

*UPDATE* fetal heartbeat at 6+5 weeks?

Green8Green8 member
edited March 2014 in Pregnant after a Loss
I went in for an ultrasound at 6 weeks 5 days. The RE found the heartbeat, but it was only measuring 93bpm.  The doctor did not seem too concerned, but scheduled me for a follow-up in one week.  The nurse spoke with me later and was surprised that the doctor didn't make a bigger deal about it because it was very low -- she said to be very cautious.  I have already had 3 previous miscarriages so I'm terrified.  

The next week is going to feel like FOREVER.  Has any one experienced this before? 

Re: *UPDATE* fetal heartbeat at 6+5 weeks?

• Options
    When I had my first u/s at 6w3d, the tech said anything above 90 is totally normal. My LO's was about 100 that day, then rose to 174 by week 9, and has now settled to the 150s at week 17. 

The heart starts beating right around week six, picks up momentum and peaks at week 9, then settles a bit. 

Keep breathing! It sounds like you're on track to me, and seeing that beautiful heartbeat is such a great milestone. FX for you. 

CafeMom Tickers

January PAL siggie challenge; Good advice:

• Options
    When I had my first u/s at 6w3d, the tech said anything above 90 is totally normal. My LO's was about 100 that day, then rose to 174 by week 9, and has now settled to the 150s at week 17. 

The heart starts beating right around week six, picks up momentum and peaks at week 9, then settles a bit. 

Keep breathing! It sounds like you're on track to me, and seeing that beautiful heartbeat is such a great milestone. FX for you. 
    This exactly. :-) Praying the week goes by quickly for you, and you have a great appointment. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Blighted Ovum 7/2008 (D&C)
    Ectopic 7/2009 (Emergency surgery:removal of left tube)
    Blighted Ovum 1/2010 (Natural m/c)
    DS #1: 2/7/11
    Ectopic 2/2012
    BFP: 12/24/2013
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Good thoughts! Mine hasn't ever told me what the heart rate was--at 6 weeks 1 day, 6 weeks 5 days, or 8 weeks....
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Ditto PP's that the heartrate usually starts slower. I would think that the dr would be more knowledgeable about this situation than the nurse. Fx that the week flies by.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My doctor told me the heartbeat was low at my first appointment and the the next appointment, everything checked out as normal.

I hope your week goes by quickly!
  • Options
    I know it's hard, but I feel like any time in the 6 week + range is early and a little unpredictable. I had a u/s that week and the baby measured small and the heartbeat was only 88, and a week and a half later measures perfect and the heartbeat is 146.

Praying you get good news next time :)
  • Options
    I went in for a 6 week ultrasound and saw the heartbeat. I didn't hear anything about how fast it was. Just that we were happy for a heartbeat. My doctor didn't rush me into another appointment so I have one 2.5 weeks after. I try to remember that seeing a heartbeat is something to celebrate. 

I had a son, Jaxton, and daughter, Devyn, January 2013. My son died that day and my daughter died the day after. Not a day goes by that I don't think about them. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"