August 2014 Moms
Options

how many cds for 2 kids?

We cd ds and have since he was about 3months. We didn't do it with our dd and she's potty trained now! As if right now we have about 25 cds and we plan to keep cding the new lo and probably won't start till he/she is 3 months. So now many diapers would you suggest we get or have in total?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: how many cds for 2 kids?

• Options
    He will be about 21 months when we starting using cloth.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    shevaCCshevaCC member
    edited February 2014
    Are you on the PT around 2 wagon or the wait until he's ready wagon? That would make a difference in my mind since I could live with a lot less for 3 months than for 15 months.

ETA - I'm guessing you use either pockets or AIOs based on # of dipes?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

What kind of diapers?  We use sized pre-folds, so when oldest son was in larges, our other son was in smalls. 

Are these one size diapers that you use?

son#1 born 6/2010

son#2 born 4/2012

son#3 born 7/2014

• Options
    Yes we potty train when the child is ready. And we also use os diapers some we will be getting rid of since there just falling apart.
  • Options
    shevaCCshevaCC member
    edited February 2014
    I think I would ask myself how much adjustment you're willing to do for the OS diapers. Would you find it annoying to have to resnap them to the proper size each time or would that be just fine? I know I would get annoyed, and want diapers for each kid. I'm thinking 25 is a good amount for the new baby and would consider getting another 12 to have for your older child. My thought process is that your DS probably needs to be changed less often than the new baby, so I think that would keep you doing laundry about the same frequency as you used to when DS was tiny (I'm assuming you go through diapers slower now and probably do laundry slightly less frequently, though I could be wrong).
  • Options

My youngest son is almost 2 right now, we have gotten by with 18 diapers, laundry EOD.  We recently bought a few more, to have more of a buffer. 

For a newborn/infant, I think 24 is a good number.  That's what we have in smalls. 

son#1 born 6/2010

son#2 born 4/2012

son#3 born 7/2014

• Options
    I have the same question! Our son will be 22m when baby 2 comes along and I have 21 cloth diapers right now. I'm thinking 30 is a good place to start and then maybe adjust after I have a better idea of what I'll need.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I wouldn't mind resnapping. I usually fold all my diapers at night so I'll just make seperate piles. And for laundry I usually do it EOD. I feel like I need more heavy wetter ones and just a few more since some of ours aren't in good shape. Thanks lady's for all the info to think about it!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"