6 days... — The Bump
Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

6 days...

Its been 6 days. 
6 days since I was pregnant after years and years of BFN and 10 IUIs. 
Its been 6 days since I began to miscarry in the bathroom of a TGIFridays. 
Its been 6 days since I smiled, laughed or was happy. 
Its been 6 days since I lost my baby. 

And today, 6 days after my life changed and shifted into an awful place, I was told by DH "You need to start to get over it". 

I am guessing it may be more than 6 days until I speak to him again. :(

Pregnancy Ticker

Joanna (30) Michael (31) 
Twin sons born June 2009 after 1 Year ART, 
Anthony and Brandon 6/25/09 
Trying for #3 for 2 years
IUI #10- BFP! m/c 2/23/2014 

Re: 6 days...

• Im so terribly sorry for you loss. Do not allow anyone, even DH to rush your emotions and your healing process. While you expect him to be the most understanding, sometimes that just not the case. ((hugs)) Ts & Ps are with you. 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Waited a long time, tried a lot of stuff, science made me a mom.

• I am so sorry, for everything. This makes me so sad for you. And I hurt for you more because I get it. It's been almost a month for me (after my 2nd loss in a span of 8 months) and my parents have called me "crazy and weak" to still be grieving. DH is being understanding (although he grieves differently) and I am grateful of that. It's hard when the people closest to us just don't understand and try to rush a process in which we have no control over. What I wouldn't give to feel better already!!!

I will tell you, and someone posted about it awhile back, that I think the daddies process the loss very differently than we do. I know for my husband he is just tired of me hurting. He is supportive but he just wants to make my pain go away, and, as I mentioned, this is not something that he can just fix.

Although I don't know your husband or exact situation, I'm assuming deep down this is hurting him as well and it's just probably very hard for him to process. Although that is no excuse. He shouldn't be telling you to get over it. That is very insensitive.

Hang in there. ((HUGS))
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm so sorry!  I understand how you feel and even though my DH didn't tell me to "get over it", sometimes I feel like he wants to.  Even though it is sooooo hard to deal with a m/c, you should know that how you are feeling is completely normal.  I have started going to therapy to help me deal with my feelings and the best thing she has told me so far is that my feelings are normal and substantial.  That was all I needed to hear that day.  I was so relieved, because I always feel like I'm the crazy one too.  Take care of yourself and if you don't have the opportunity to go to therapy, always feel free to express your feelings here.  It is such a great place to feel like you aren't a crazy person (which you aren't) afterall!  ::BIG HUGS::
    Married my best friend 7/2/11 - Furbaby born 7/9/11 and brought into our home 9/1/11

BFP#1:   2/2/13 ~ exact m/c date unknown but around 3/20 at 10 weeks ~ diagnosed with PMP ~ D&C on 4/5 ~ TTA for at least 1 year due to PMP ~ cleared to TTC 1/14

BFP#2:   2/7/14 ~ m/c 2/20/14 ~ possibly due to chemical pregnancy ~ TG no D&C is needed 

Surprise BFP#3:  4/4/14 ~ super duper extra happy (and nervous) about this one - EDD 12/9/14!!!

John Joseph was born on 12/12/14 at 7 lbs. 11 oz.  He is the most beautiful rainbow baby we could have wished for!

Maxsmommy123112
  • Oh honey ::hugs:: Mine was almost 3 months ago and I still cry. Don't let anyone rush your grieving process or tell you how to feel. It is perfectly normal to feel the way you do. I'm so very sorry for your loss. Sending you love and healing thoughts.
    -Megan

Started dating Hubby May 17 2005. Married since Aug 20 2011 
    Me:30   Hubby:31
    TTC since May 2012 
    HSG Dec 2012 Fill no spill on left side, right side normal (most physically painful experience of my life..)
    Metformin Started May 2013
    PG#1: BFP 10-21-13. EDD 6-17-14 mmc 12-9-13 m/c occurred with cytotec on 12-11-13 
    PG#2: BFP 07-25-14.  EDD 4-5-15   *Hoping this is my rainbow*
    Diagnosed with PCOS, Hypothyroid,IBD/UC, (UC in remission as of July 2014)
    *I will always love you Fetey the first.* 

ALL WELCOME!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards