August 2013 Moms

NBR: Oscar Predictions

I haven't seen any of the movies up for Academy Awards this year, but as many of you know, I am a celeb gossip fiend. What else am I supposed to do at work when A13 is so slow, amiright? 

If you're like me and watch to catch up before the big night, here is a list of the Oscar-nominated films you can watch at home on Netflix or Amazon prime. 

My predictions: 

Best Picture: 12 Years a Slave

Best Director: Alfonso Cuaron, Gravity

Best Actor: Christian Bale. American Hustle

Best Actress: Cate Blanchette, Blue Jasmine

Best Supporting Actor: Jared Leto, Dallas Buyer' Club

Best Supporting Actress: Lupita Nyong'o, 12 Yeas a Slave

Best Documentary: 20 Feet from Stardom

What are your predictions?

Re: NBR: Oscar Predictions

• "Let it go" will win best song. That's all I've got.
  • I have watched all the movies nominated but gravity. I am hoping to watch it tonight.

Best Picture: 12 years a slave

Best Director: The Wolf of Wall Street (Martin Scorsese)

Best Actor: Matthew Mcconaughey Dallas buyers club

Best Actress: Cate Blanchette, Blue Jasmine

Best Supporting Actor: Jared Leto, Dallas Buyers Club

Best Supporting Actress: Lupita Nyong'o, 12 Yeas a Slave

I enjoyed wolf of Wall Street the most personally. I am excited for Sunday. I think Ellen will be a great host (again).

Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • petey1106 said:
    I haven't seen a movie in theaters since The Great Gatsby so I have exactly zero input.
    Gatsby  is up for Production and Costume design, so you could have an opinion on that. ;-) 

• Did you guys see Gravity? I thought it was awful! I am amazed that it is being considered for awards.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerLilypie First Birthday tickers

BFP 3/29/2014 2u2 Let's do this!

BabyFruit Ticker

photo crunchy_zps41233998.gif

• I haven't seen a lot of the movies being nominated. Here's my predictions for what I have seen.

Best Actor in a Supporting Role - Barkhad Abdi -- "Captain Phillips"
    Best Animated Feature - "Frozen"
    Best Cinematography - Philippe Le Sourd -- "The Grandmaster"
    Best Film Editing - Christopher Rouse -- "Captain Phillips"
    Best Original Song - "Let It Go" from "Frozen" -- Music and lyric by Robert Lopez and Kristen Anderson-Lopez
    Best Adapted Screenplay - Billy Ray -- "Captain Phillips"

BabyFruit Ticker

• Did you guys see Gravity? I thought it was awful! I am amazed that it is being considered for awards.
    I haven't seen it, but from what I've read people into the technical side of film love it. The cinematography, the effects, the production design, etc. Most people did not care for the writing or acting.

I haven't seen it, but from what I've read people into the technical side of film love it. The cinematography, the effects, the production design, etc. Most people did not care for the writing or acting.
    That's a good point; it was technically good. The storyline is what bothered me. I felt like it was advertised to be a great movie, but it didn't live up to the hype.

BabyFruit Ticker

• Space freaks me out... it's so... out there. Anyhow, I am with @petey1106 - the last movie I saw was Catching Fire ... although now that @ljutcmommy gave me that link, I might have to check out a few of the titles this weekend now that I've finished House of Cards on Netflix.. thanks!
    Mason Lee 
    Born 8/18/13 
    A13 May Siggy Contest 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"