April 2014 Moms

Tandem nursers

Who else out there is still BF their toddler and plans to tandem nurse once LO is here?

I am nursing my almost 21 month old at bedtime...it was more often, but in the last week or two he started refusing his morning session and doesn't ask during the day anymore. I think the dropped sessions coincided with milk switching to colostrum.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers 
VOTE on my Name List

Re: Tandem nursers

• I plan on tandem nursing but for my twins, not an older sibling.

imageimageimage
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • My toddler is still nursing. I never wanted to nurse this long and I never wanted to tandem nurse. It's just working out that way.
    Mama to a little girl born July 2011 and a little boy born April 2014! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • My 21month DD is still going. If I would let her she'd play "boobie tennis" all day. We're nursing as I type this in fact. My biggest fear is that she won't share her boobies with DD2.
  • I'm worried once my milk comes back he'll want to nurse all day again and then the sharing issue. We've been talking a lot about how big boys can eat a lot of different foods, but baby brother will only drink mama milk so he will have to go first.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers 
    VOTE on my Name List
  • My two year old would still be but i dried up a few months ago. She still asks every day and gets crazy excited when I tell her mommy milk will be back when her brother is born. I feel bad that she had to wean before she was ready but it was a slow process, so it was fine in the end.
  • My 13 m/o is still nursing 3 times a day. Not sure if I'll try to wean him before baby comes.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"