July 2014 Moms

FFFC 2/28

Re: FFFC 2/28

• Bliss+Berry said:

I think it's completely bizarre to know the sex and not tell people.  However, I don't feel the same about baby names.  I can totally see why you wouldn't want to hear peoples' opinions,
    but I just don't get the reasoning behind not telling people the sex if you've already found out. 

STUCK IN THE GREY
    I completely agree.  Why do people do this?  People only ask to be nice anyway.  The names I get, but why sex?
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • My boxer Rocky Top talks just like Dug from up! Yes master! But I love you master!

@sarahvol131 It pains me how much of a Vols fan you are. :((

Roll Tide Roll! ;)

• Skeemer said:
    My boxer Rocky Top talks just like Dug from up! Yes master! But I love you master!

Roll Tide Roll! ;)

Things that make you go blergh. ;)

PS: My youngest Miniature schnauzer is named Peyton.

PPS: If we get another boxer sibling set (we have a male/female littermate combo right now) then the male will be Manning (possibly Neyland) and the female will be Summit. Name of my blog? It's a Vol! We really love our Volunteers. Even tossed around Knox for this baby if it's a boy, but I couldn't get past the Lane Kiffin skeezy association.

PPPS: Two of my very best friends are BAMA fans. It's only that third Saturday in Oct we don't get along!

• @emy730, @zarkarella, @tealowl, and @Lori_n_Lior...thanks guys. I'm still having trouble breathing today (I think it's called "air hunger," where you can physically breathe in but it feels like you're not getting any oxygen from it) so I'm debating what I should do at this point. From what I've read there's really nothing anyone can do about it, and I already know how to measure my breathing. 

imageimageimage
  • FFFC #2: I have a headache and I really don't want to be here. It's Friday for eff sake... But, I called in Wednesday and left early yesterday for the dentist... I don't think I can get away with it again. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Skeemer said:

My boxer Rocky Top talks just like Dug from up! Yes master! But I love you master!

Roll Tide Roll! ;)

Agreed...otherwise we'd be totes besties...under 5' representin'!
    But Go Dawgs first with a Roll Tide second!!!

image image
  • edited February 2014
    My friend sent me a picture of her wedding dress and I think the style makes her look huge. She already bought it so I told her she looks gorgeous. I suspect her mother talked her into the dress. The sad part is she was considering another dress that was extremely flattering and she loved. 
    BabyFruit Ticker

• kleMcK said:
    Last one which is more like a vent: 

I occasionally resent my brother for naming his daughter after our deceased mother but then calls her by her middle name. I feel like he was taking the name and not using it because his wife wanted to call her something else. So then why use the name if you aren't going to actually call your daughter by that name? I would love to name this LO after my mom, but they have already expressed that this is a no-no.

This doesn't consume me day and night, I get a little pissy for about 10 min once a week and get over it, but it just happens to be that time!

Not their kid, not their call. You don't need their permission to name your child whatever you want, and if you want to name after you mom and CALL her that? DO IT! That would piss me right the hell off, too.
    Agreed. And I imagine the cousins would think it was cool they had the same name. And the same name as their grandma. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I ate Chef Boyardee ravioli & Kraft Mac & cheese for lunch. ***hangs head in shame***

• Agreed...otherwise we'd be totes besties...under 5' representin'! But Go Dawgs first with a Roll Tide second!!!
    Man, I used to enjoy seeing your posts...

What's the Good Word?  ;)
  • Skeemer said:

Roll Tide Roll! ;)

Things that make you go blergh. ;)

PS: My youngest Miniature schnauzer is named Peyton.

PPS: If we get another boxer sibling set (we have a male/female littermate combo right now) then the male will be Manning (possibly Neyland) and the female will be Summit. Name of my blog? It's a Vol! We really love our Volunteers. Even tossed around Knox for this baby if it's a boy, but I couldn't get past the Lane Kiffin skeezy association.

PPPS: Two of my very best friends are BAMA fans. It's only that third Saturday in Oct we don't get along!

All in good fun. :) I'm already ready for football season again. What are we supposed to do until August? :(

• My boxer Rocky Top talks just like Dug from up! Yes master! But I love you master!

Roll Tide Roll! ;)

Agreed...otherwise we'd be totes besties...under 5' representin'! But Go Dawgs first with a Roll Tide second!!!
    Too funny! I bleed houndstooth first then root for the Dawgs. DH is a Longhorn & I don't mind Longhorn orange as much as I hate AU & Vols orange! ;)

• Skeemer said:

Roll Tide Roll! ;)

Agreed...otherwise we'd be totes besties...under 5' representin'! But Go Dawgs first with a Roll Tide second!!!
    Too funny! I bleed houndstooth first then root for the Dawgs. DH is a Longhorn & I don't mind Longhorn orange as much as I hate AU & Vols orange! ;)

Ick the Longhorn Orange is almost as bad as Houndstooth! :)

OK, here's one, my FFFC: I didn't even go to the University of Tennessee. My parents raised me a Razorbacks fan. I graduated from The University of Colorado at Boulder. My DH is a diehard life long VOLS fan, and I swear he sucked me in. Mere hours after he proposed he said, "I'm going to have to buy you some more orange". He just about died when I dressed Evie up like this at six months old for my Momma: image

Now I am as rabid of a TN fan as he is.

• Related to the posts about SOs having an opinion about nursery decorations, I will admit that in times like these I am secretly glad DH is color blind and therefore leaves all these decisions up to me :)

Mine too!!! It's both a blessing and a curse b/c then I have no one else to blame either!

•  
    All in good fun. :) I'm already ready for football season again. What are we supposed to do until August? :(
    Luckily I've got NBA being from Memphis. I figured that'll get through may/june if we make the playoffs then it'll be all new house craziness until the baby is born then about the time I'm coming out of the newborn haze it'll be football season again! The most wonderful time of the year!

• then about the time I'm coming out of the newborn haze it'll be football season again! The most wonderful time of the year!
    I always sing "It's the most wonderful time of the year!!!" at the start of every football season, too.  I love college football!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• I dislike gender neutral clothing and will do everything I can to find out the sex of this baby. A/S was a total bust but luckily some measurements weren't able to be done so I have to go back... And if the baby still isn't willing to show the goods, I'm going for a 3D ultrasound
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I sooo need to get over to the shower board.

• jessa8907 said:

Skeemer said:

Roll Tide Roll! ;)

-waves tiny Mizzou flag-

I didn't go, but my grandpa did and our family is a Miz family!
    BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP 11/18/13. EDD 7/25/14. It's a BOY! 

Surprise BFP 7/30/13. EDD 4/7/14. Natural MC 8/24/13

• Skeemer said:

Man, I used to enjoy seeing your posts...

What's the Good Word?  ;)

Hehe...Sic 'em!

image image
  • mrscurlygurlmrscurlygurl member
    edited February 2014

Skeemer said:

Skeemer said:

Roll Tide Roll! ;)

Ick the Longhorn Orange is almost as bad as Houndstooth! :)

OK, here's one, my FFFC: I didn't even go to the University of Tennessee. My parents raised me a Razorbacks fan. I graduated from The University of Colorado at Boulder. My DH is a diehard life long VOLS fan, and I swear he sucked me in. Mere hours after he proposed he said, "I'm going to have to buy you some more orange". He just about died when I dressed Evie up like this at six months old for my Momma: image

Now I am as rabid of a TN fan as he is.

Sorry for not cropping the quotes...blaming mobile.

I married into the Bama crazies. I will always bleed Red and Black first though. Then I'll wave a tiny Michigan flag for my parents. I LOVE college
    football. Basketball, on the other hand, can go to hell with its squeaky shoes.

image image
  • LenaLove said:
    I wush I could love this a million times! 
    BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP 11/18/13. EDD 7/25/14. It's a BOY! 

Surprise BFP 7/30/13. EDD 4/7/14. Natural MC 8/24/13

• @Bliss+Berry (even though I think your name won't tag you) I get that and that is why I said to each his own - not everyone will feel that way. Regardless this opinion has nothing to do with telling me I am responsible for my child/fetus/spawn's stuff (since I can't say my baby) :) - also not trying argue, I really don't care just was clarifying my point of view. Obviously we don't agree and I am totally cool with that. 

I still might withhold the sex of my spawn. Muwahaha.

• We're attempting to keep the sex to ourselves because we just always planned on being Team Green.  When we decided that we just couldn't wait, we thought it was a fair compromise to keep the news to ourselves.  We did tell our two best friends and my parents and brother because we could never keep anything from them, even if we tried.  There is a lot of judgment in my extended family about finding out the sex ahead of time, so that is weighing into my decision a bit as well.  I don't really care what people think, but I also just don't want to hear all the comments.  It also makes keeping our name choices secret much easier, as I definitely don't want unsolicited name advice!  

As for the gift "manipulation," while we would prefer gender neutral items, that's not the reason we aren't sharing (just a little bonus).  It also keeps me from being tempted to decorate our nursery non-gender neutral or buy a lot of gender specific clothes.  I am a very practical shopper, so I would like to be able to use most of the items I buy again for future children.

Overall, I can see how knowing the gender and telling people that it's a "secret" can be construed  as rude.  However, if we know and everyone just thinks that we don't know, who is that hurting really?  It's our baby, and our business. 
    BabyFetus Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • #3) my husband really didn't want to find out the sex, so we aren't (he's very excited about being surprised).

My confession is that a big reason I'm so willing to go along with team green is to avoid pink and baby blue gifts.

But I do think, that if we knew, and didn't tell family, and they found out, they would be sad.
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"