Cloth Diapering

UO/FFFC

You guys really dropped the ball yesterday.  No one did UO?  Now we have to do twice as much complaining today...

Re: UO/FFFC

• UO: I think the covers for shopping buggies/high chairs is a waste.

FFFC: I feel guilty that I dropped down to my pre-preg size quick. 

1. Ditto

2. What the bleep for!? Jeeze I would be thrilled! :-)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • FFFC- My husband just came off night shift but I may pretend to be sicker than I am on this plane ride today so he will have more baby duty. It's been a rough couple nights by myself with a sick baby.
  • Loading the player...
  • DH was home when I got home (he has the day off, but would normally end up at the office anyway), which means I lose my free time during nap and instead will be discussing cars (again). My FFFC is that my first thought when I realized he was home was "ugh, there goes my afternoon!"
    London Eye 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersimage

• Also... I'm doing diapers today, and I've been too lazy to make more detergent, so instead I just tossed in a tbsp each of washing soda, borax, and oxiclean then included a couple soap nuts for good measure. I'm sure it'll be fine.
    London Eye 

• Lol. I feel major mommy guilt if I don't use DS's buggy cover. I also hate not using it bc it keeps his sippy cup and toys from falling out of the buggy.

• My mom wanted to take ds to the store and I didn't want her to put him in the buggy. He's in EVERYTHING goes in my mouth phase. And no amount of sanitizer can help those carts IMO. Plus I always wear him, so it just seems to weird to me.

I kind of want a cart cover for those instances that she'd use it. But I'd still prepare to wear him.

Confession. I'm seriously weepy watching TV. These freaking hormones can suck it!
  • I'm considering being a white night today. A lady on the second trip board got blasted for bragging about having no difficult symptoms after struggling with fertility. This was on a thread titled something like: happy and grateful to be pregnant.

If something in that title offends you, don't open the thread.
    Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Parent of Baby Boy M, born December 2013 Angels: Miscarriage @ 9 weeks, May 2015, Chemical Pregnancy November 2015

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Fffc: ds started fussing for feeding as I was heading to bed at 12:30 this morning so I grabbed him on my way to bed.......as I'm crawling in dh woke up and commented that he never felt me get up......I let him think I had been in bed when ds started crying rather than admit I hadn't even been in bed yet.

YBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I'm a fan of The Cloth Diaper Tech Support group on Facebook
  • bookitup said:

I may have FFFC thfis before, but I side eye my co-worker who is perpetually sick. She's got these stomach issues that never go away, but her diet is so wonky. Like she'll go through McDonalds and order like 3 burgers and just eat the meat.  (She also complains when McDonalds messes this order up - like she wants them to wrap up a patty with everything on it but no bun. If I worked at McD's and someone ordered this I'd be like "Dafuq??") It's like an Atkins diet on steroids.

Plus now she's got this psychosomatic thing going on where every time she has heartburn she thinks she's having a heart attack. Like a legitimate heart attack. She tells me probably once a week that she has almost gone to the ER.  She's 25.
    Have you kindly suggested that she stop eating the burgers?
    Parent of Baby Boy M, born December 2013 Angels: Miscarriage @ 9 weeks, May 2015, Chemical Pregnancy November 2015

• UO: I think the covers for shopping buggies/high chairs is a waste.

FFFC: I feel guilty that I dropped down to my pre-preg size quick. 
    Regarding your UO, I asked my mom to get ds one for his birthday so she gave us one shortly after Christmas.  I have yet to figure out how the bleep the straps are supposed to work.  It's also been a pain to use it since ds still can't sit unsupported for more than 30-60 seconds.  Wearing him when we go shopping is much easier; and when at restaurants, having him sit on my lap is easiest.

Regarding your fffc, that's a bragable achievement, especially if you had to work/sacrifice to drop pounds.

• @Afwifelife I understand how you feel. I also returned to prepregnancy size quickly, and I'm still losing. M is 11 weeks old and I'm 3 pounds less than I was just before I got pregnant.

• bookitup said:
    I may have FFFC this before, but I side eye my co-worker who is perpetually sick. She's got these stomach issues that never go away, but her diet is so wonky. Like she'll go through McDonalds and order like 3 burgers and just eat the meat.  (She also complains when McDonalds messes this order up - like she wants them to wrap up a patty with everything on it but no bun. If I worked at McD's and someone ordered this I'd be like "Dafuq??") It's like an Atkins diet on steroids.

Plus now she's got this psychosomatic thing going on where every time she has heartburn she thinks she's having a heart attack. Like a legitimate heart attack. She tells me probably once a week that she has almost gone to the ER.  She's 25.
    I work at Runza and the ones that make us go "Dafuq" as you put it aren't the ones that want burgers with everything except the bun, it's the ones that want the bun with everything but the meat.  Sorry, a ketchup, mustard, onion, and pickle sandwich does not sound appealing no matter what time it is.

• FFFC -

The next time my supervisor makes an off handed "joke" about my pregnancy, weight or what I eat I'm going to rip him a new one. I am SO not kidding. He doesn't take a hint & I'm going to have to very bluntly tell him if a thought in his head has to do with my pregnancy, weight or lunch...do not open your mouth. Period. I'm tired of it. Especially since he asked me yesterday how I get under my desk to turn off my heater with "that belly". I am not EVEN kidding.

• Skeemer said:

FFFC -

The next time my supervisor makes an off handed "joke" about my pregnancy, weight or what I eat I'm going to rip him a new one. I am SO not kidding. He doesn't take a hint & I'm going to have to very bluntly tell him if a thought in his head has to do with my pregnancy, weight or lunch...do not open your mouth. Period. I'm tired of it. Especially since he asked me yesterday how I get under my desk to turn off my heater with "that belly". I am not EVEN kidding.

No flames here......not that you need it, but you have my permission to rip him a new one with the next comment like that......or find someway to insult him as a response.

• FFC: I haven't worked out all week. Im behind on laundry (I've worn the same nursing bra for a week). I feel like I'm just trying to survive each work week.

My husband thinks it's the cloth diapering wearin me down. No honey it's having to race home, feed a toddler, wash my pump parts and bottles, make a new set of bottles for daycare, spend quality time with the two kids, and then try to get the baby to sleep. This is all done by 9 if I'm lucky.

All while he eats dinner, puts the kid to bed and then starts playing games on his phone. Yeah, it's the diapers wearing me out.

OU: Love organizing baby clothes. Folding them and putting them in draws. Or separating bins of clothes.
  • I'm glad dh is home now, but he is creating more work for me. Can he go away again?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

• sarenu1 said:

FFC: I haven't worked out all week. Im behind on laundry (I've worn the same nursing bra for a week). I feel like I'm just trying to survive each work week.

My husband thinks it's the cloth diapering wearin me down. No honey it's having to race home, feed a toddler, wash my pump parts and bottles, make a new set of bottles for daycare, spend quality time with the two kids, and then try to get the baby to sleep. This is all done by 9 if I'm lucky.

All while he eats dinner, puts the kid to bed and then starts playing games on his phone. Yeah, it's the diapers wearing me out.

OU: Love organizing baby clothes. Folding them and putting them in draws. Or separating bins of clothes.

YES!!! WHY does DH zero in on the cloth diapers as the problem?! Surely I couldn't be overwhelmed by all the other things I do. "What? The dishes didn't get done last night? Must be because you use cloth diapers." Ugh! It irritates me.
    London Eye 

• My husband also commented on how it must be the cloth overwhelming me! I'm sure it has more to do with him meeting friends for dinner twice this week, leaving me home with baby for 12 hours or more.
    he does encourage me to nurse in public uncovered, do he gets points for that.

• I saw a mom in Target today wearing an itty bitty baby in a Bjorn. Baby's legs were just dangling. I wanted to cry. Full disclosure: I have nothing against baby wearing - just crotch danglers. I loved to wear DS while he was into it. As soon as he got big enough to sit up and look around, he wanted to sit in the buggy.

I also saw a mom who had her LO in a car seat on top of the buggy, and it was tilted at such a horrible angle, I was afraid the baby would lean up a little bit and just topple right on out. I never know what to do when I see people doing that. I put DS's seat on top a few times until I knew better, so part of me wants to ask, "Do you know how dangerous that is?" Ugh.

• DH is telling me I need to sleep more, get out more, go for a run etc. Oh, but he is creating more cleaning for me to do and keeps disappearing with his buddies. I'm about to snap.....
    Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

• DH was saying how it's "my rule not his" that we don't take bottles when we're out, or that I'm the only one to put DS to sleep since he nurses to sleep still. I pump for when I'm not around. It's a pita otherwise to give him a bottle when I'm right there. He wants to be involved I guess, but there's other crap to do to take care of him.
  • I haven't showered in a few days and I'm currently sitting at the Y.

Also, I hate tennis shoes. I am wearing a nice pair of Nikes so I can work out. They feel like they are suffocating my feet. I hate them.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • MH gets stressed out by how much I do. I swear to god that the more I do, the more he needs to rest. I'm a doer and except for the rare (preplanned) exception, the idea of spending a whole day on my duff sounds miserable. During my busy season he kept saying how busy "we" were and how he needed a break to relax. I don't know who the "we" was since I was the only one in the bakery every Sunday, while he was home watching TV. I have a sneaking suspicion that he's going to be the one more likely to take naps with M. But it will be cute :)
    No. It won't be.
    this
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• MandmeeshMandmeesh member
    edited February 2014
    I had to walk to a completely different side of Target the other day because an idiot woman had her NEWBORN in the carseat, in her cart, and the baby was screaming.  She was just browsing away.  I really almost walked up to her to tell her to comfort her baby.

I'm the worst

• Mandmeesh said:
    I had to walk to a completely different side of Target the other day because an idiot woman had her NEWBORN in the carseat, in her cart, and the baby was screaming.  She was just browsing away.  I really almost walked up to her to tell her to comfort her baby.

I'm the worst
    LOL.  A similar thing happened to me when I was at a bookstore and a woman was just doing her thing while her newborn was crying a hungry cry.  I was still nursing DS constantly at that point and I could feel myself starting to have a letdown.  I wanted to tell her "OMG, will you just feed that baby before I have to??!!"
    awww.  yeah, this baby was hungry crying.  it was really sad.  I get that a kid cries, and sometimes when they're older it's different….but this was a newborn :(

• Mandmeesh said:

Mandmeesh said:

I'm the worst

LOL.  A similar thing happened to me when I was at a bookstore and a woman was just doing her thing while her newborn was crying a hungry cry.  I was still nursing DS constantly at that point and I could feel myself starting to have a letdown.  I wanted to tell her "OMG, will you just feed that baby before I have to??!!"

awww.  yeah, this baby was hungry crying.  it was really sad.  I get that a kid cries, and sometimes when they're older it's different….but this was a newborn :(

I want to get all weepy just thinking about a hungry newborn!

• Mandmeesh said:

Mandmeesh said:

I'm the worst

My baby cried her "hungry" cry literally 24 hours a day for her first 8 weeks. I was always this mom. I don't know if I looked calm and uncaring on the outside, but I was an effing wreck on the inside. Because even when your baby cries all.the.time, sometimes you still have to go to the store.

TTC with PCOS since November 2009
    IUI#1 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP, m/c
    IUI#2 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 5-9) = BFN
    IUI#3 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP!
    beta #1 11/23 = 270, P4 = 75
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    Our daughter E was born 7/29/2012!
    Surprise, our 2nd daughter P was born 5/22/14!
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage
    imageimageimage
  • Aw, @TJ1979 that must have been really hard!  I was a wreck when DS would cry at the store, too, but luckily he was usually pretty chill as long as he wasn't hungry and I was holding him.  I can't imagine having a baby who cries all the time.  My friend's daughter had colic for the first 3 months or so and I don't know how she stayed sane.
  • I never liked the blueberry owl print anyway.
    Mama to a little girl born July 2011 and a little boy born April 2014! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Ooo, I have another good UO for this board.

I hate "babylegs"/ baby leg warmers.
    Married 6/18/11
    BFP #1 10/26/12 DS born 6/30/13
    BFP #2 10/30/13 MC 11/25/13
    BFP #3 1/18/14 DS #2 born 10/7/14
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

image   Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Ooo, I have another good UO for this board. I hate "babylegs"/ baby leg warmers.
    You obviously have no appreciation for the ease of diaper changes when you don't have to wrestle pants back on your LO. Seriously. Dressing DS turns into fits, screams, wrestling, etc half the time. ESP with pants.
  • Ooo, I have another good UO for this board.

I hate "babylegs"/ baby leg warmers.

You're missing out! They are amazing! I wish they made them in my size.... Not that I need the ease of diaper changes for myself.
  • I was able to put my Niece to sleep and lay her down in her crib this morning. I'm secretly happy that I could do it when both grandmas can't. My sister even said she would have to have me watch her more often to "train" her.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker}
  • TJ1979 said:
    Mandmeesh said:

I'm the worst
    My baby cried her "hungry" cry literally 24 hours a day for her first 8 weeks. I was always this mom. I don't know if I looked calm and uncaring on the outside, but I was an effing wreck on the inside. Because even when your baby cries all.the.time, sometimes you still have to go to the store.

Aww, TJ! That sounds rough :(. And, this woman could hardly be bothered with her newborn while she sipped her fake Starbucks from target and browsed. Can you tell I hate her? Lol

• Using baby legs means you won't need to size up clothes because of the bulkiness of CD.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"