Trying to Get Pregnant

Meds/chart question

This is my first medicated cycle. I took clomid on days 5-9. At my midcycle u/s my RE said I had 2 good follies, 18 and 20 mm. I took my ovidrel shot on Tuesday. Today my temp spiked, but I was having crazy pains today as well on my right side where the follies are. When we were talking IUI with the RE, they mentioned insemination on Friday morning, we opted for TI this cycle as DH is worried about IUI. I go back on Friday the 14th for my beta if AF doesn't show. I did get a faint +HPT this morning. 

How long after my shot should I expect to O? Should I trust today's temp? Is today a better possibility? 

I really hate that the meds mess with my temps, being in the dark about my cycle is so frustrating right now. 

Here's my chart: https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/42ee1e (FYI: I've been kind of lazy charting this cycle because of vacation and the meds)

Thanks. 

Nathaniel Richard born 12/20/14
Dating 7/2/2004 * Married 8/16/2008

Re: Meds/chart question

• I think you're expected to ovulate about 36 hours after the trigger shot (at least that's when they schedule the ER for IVF). If you did your trigger in the morning, you could have ovulated yesterday but I think it will be hard to say for sure. Are they having you go in for 7dpo blood work?
    ******************************************** siggy warning ******************************************

image image

Married July 2011 * TTC #1 since 8/12 * Me: 29 DH: 29
    21 Cycles TI: BFNs
    DX: Stage 2 Endo, uterine polyps and paratubal cysts removed
    2/14: IVF #1 Lupron Protocol = 12R/10M/9F, no frosties; transferred one 3BB blast = BFN
    4/14: IVF #2 Antagonist Protocol = 18R/16M/15F/6 frosties; transferred one 4BB blast = BFP!!
    Beta #1 (5/12) = 232 Beta #2 (5/16) = 886 Beta #3 (5/20) = 3168
    EDD 1/18/15 It's a BOY 

~~~~~~ All Are Welcome ~~~~~~

• I think you're expected to ovulate about 36 hours after the trigger shot (at least that's when they schedule the ER for IVF). If you did your trigger in the morning, you could have ovulated yesterday but I think it will be hard to say for sure. Are they having you go in for 7dpo blood work?
    No I don't have to do any more blood work until 3/14. I usually ovulate on my own, this was to help my LP, among other things. (IDK if that has any thing to do with me not having BW at 7DPO). 

I gave the shot Tues evening, so maybe today was the day and this morning's temp is a fluke. 

• Loading the player...
  • Hmm I'm not really sure about the blood work. If there's an LP issue I wonder why they wouldn't want to check your progesterone to make sure it's where it needs to be.

I'm sure it could go either way - ovulation yesterday or just a weird temp. I'd probably just skip temping.
    ******************************************** siggy warning ******************************************

image image

Married July 2011 * TTC #1 since 8/12 * Me: 29 DH: 29
    21 Cycles TI: BFNs
    DX: Stage 2 Endo, uterine polyps and paratubal cysts removed
    2/14: IVF #1 Lupron Protocol = 12R/10M/9F, no frosties; transferred one 3BB blast = BFN
    4/14: IVF #2 Antagonist Protocol = 18R/16M/15F/6 frosties; transferred one 4BB blast = BFP!!
    Beta #1 (5/12) = 232 Beta #2 (5/16) = 886 Beta #3 (5/20) = 3168
    EDD 1/18/15 It's a BOY 

~~~~~~ All Are Welcome ~~~~~~

• Thanks @milagros315. I'll just settle in and enjoy the ride these next 2 weeks, I guess. I'm a 'planner' (as DH says) so being in the dark and out of control of things is very hard to accept. 

• You should ovulate within 24-36 hours, but some people on the boards have said they have ovulated as late as 48 hours. I stopped temping (it was very difficult to do!) because the meds can mess with your temps. I recently posted a topic titled "Ovidrel-advice needed" and got a ton of gret advice! Good luck!

TTC our first. Married to, and madly in love with, my beautiful wife. Living with our fur baby and enjoying 19 nieces and nephews. 
    • DW and I have been tracking, preparing, getting medical testing since January 2013.
    • First Cycle: Unmedicated ICI w/ Donor Sperm 08/02/13: BFN
    • Second Cycle: Unmedicated ICI w/ Donor Sperm 09/11/13, 09/13/13, 09/15/13: BFN
    • Third Cycle: Unmedicated ICI w/ Donor Sperm: 10/13/13, 10/15/13, 10/17/13, 10/21/13: BFN
    • January 2014: Sonohysterogram shows excellent lining & tubes have no blockages
    • Fourth Cycle:  Monitored clomid cycle  w/ ICI's at home: 1/24/14 and 1/25/14. Ovulation verified:  BFN
    • Fifth Cycle: 02/2014 Femara 5mg with ovidrel trigger CD14: BFN
    • Taking a few months off to evaluate if we want to keep trying

• Meds mess with your temps so you really can't trust them. I've always heard you ovulate 24-36 hours after a trigger. I also don't trust any pains on med cycles because I have pains before and after O. Good luck!
    Fucking bump!!!!
  • Thanks girls! I think I'll just hang out until the 13th and see what happens in the next 2 weeks.

@GoaliesWife123 I did see your post, it was helpful! 
    @Pintobean39 Thanks for the advice about the pains. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"