Stay at Home Moms

Move to bed?

What's the normal/typical age kids move to a toddler bed or regular bed? I'm in no rush since DS (at almost 22 months) is an excellent crib sleeper. ILs thought we are waiting too long. We don't care what they think per se, we just realized we don't know what the average.

Re: Move to bed?

• I would think the average is around 2 but I know people that have swapped early and some that let their 4 year old still in one (they can climb in and out on their own, so I never understood that one)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Our girls are 2 years apart so we had one in a twin before their sibling was born.  DD1 was a closer transition than DD2, but we also moved 1000 miles in there too.
  • Loading the player...
  • Julia moved at 16 months, Emma was 17 months. 
    imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I realize how ridiculous this sounds but we moved my son out of his crib and into a full bed when he was a little over 3.  He never climbed out of his crib and I was always worried when we made the switch he would stop napping.  We eventually made the switch because he slept in a regular bed when we went to Hawaii and when we got home he didn't want to go back to the crib (couldn't blame the kid).  The advantage to waiting so long was that he understood he needed to stay in bed and I never worried about him rolling out.

• Usm123 said:

My oldest moved at 2 years 4 months because he climbed out. He was an awesome crib sleeper and I planned to keep him in there closer to 3. He is not an awesome twin bed sleeper.

This is what I'm worried about!
  • DC2London said:

I would not fix what isn't broken.  If he's sleeping well, leave him! :)

That's how we have been feeling too! Thanks!
  • I just moved DD to a full bed from the crib at 2yr 2 months. She never climbed out of her crib. She now loves to go down for nap. Sometimes she doesn't sleep but she loves looking at books in her big girl bed.

TTC#1 for 19 months with PCOS and MFI IUI#3 + injectables = BFP!!!!  Beta#1-134(13dpiui) Beta #2-392(15dpiui) 
    #1 born December 2011
    TTC#2 - Beta #1 -51@10dpo Beta#2 -1353 @16dpo
    #2 born May 2013
    TTC # 3 June 2014 BFP 12-1-14
    #3 born August 2015 
    #4!!!!!!! due June 2017 
  • We were planning until 3. Actually looking for a bed for her third birthday gift. A 3 week stay in the hospital with her in the bed had us change our minds within 2 days of being home.
    My daughter is my hero.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"