December 2013 Moms

When is LO's bedtime?

Sorry if this was covered but when do you start your sleep routine (if you have one) and put LO down for the night?

I was starting at 6:30 and he was asleep by 7 but he's been getting tired much earlier. If I follow his queues his bedtime is 6:00pm (start routine at 5:30). That seems a lil early to me. Should I try and push it back or just go with the flow?
imageimage

Re: When is LO's bedtime?

• We usually start his bath between 7 and 7:30. He is usually asleep by 8 or so. I think he'd like to start the routine a half hour or so earlier, but we can't seem to work that out because of the timing of getting home from work and dinner.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• We start our routine around 8:30-9:00, and get her down around 9:30-10:00. It used to be around 11:00 when she would be down. I am trying to work it back. Maybe I need to push it back significantly :-/

TTC since 2010

Missed M/C April 2011

dx with GTN July 2011; chemo July 2011 – Oct 2011

M/C Sept 2012

BFP April 2013

DD1 Born Dec 2013

BFP 8/8/2013; EDD ?????

• Loading the player...
  • It varies depending on the night and when he is due to eat, but I try to have in bed around 9. On a good night he'll be asleep by 9:30. Last night was not a good night and he didn't fall asleep till close to 11 :(

• We start at 7 or 8 depending on when last nap was and getting DD to bed. I think I need to start earlier, like 7 every day.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We start around 9 and usually she's down around 10. I wonder if she'd like to go to bed earlier, tho, as she usually takes an hour or hour-and-a-half nap around 7. We're all pretty happy with things now, tho, so will probably Ieave things as they are til I go back to work.
  • Wow I feel like an old lady haha
    imageimage

• Lately I've been giving him his last feeding at 9:30 and he's down by 10:00. I'm trying to get him down by 8:30 before I go back to work in 3 weeks.
  • We start the routine around 7:30 and LO is hopefully asleep by 8 or 8:30. She has been terrible at napping lately so I've been thinking about moving it earlier.
    Baby Girl Cbowl born 12/2013.   Love love love.

• Bath at 8:30... Bed at 9

• I'm usually putting her down at 8ish. If it was super early my husband would never get to see her :( With DS, I wouldn't even get home from work until 6. I remember his bedtime was around 9 for quite a while at this age.

"Dont fucking ever come out your face talking shit like that" -SG 1/12/2014

• I was going to ask a similar question myself...we put DD1 to bed by 8, so LO has been going down around the same time....maybe a little later since we take turns with DD1 but I always nurse LO right before bed. DH has been giving LO a bottle of pumped milk about an hour or so before we do the routine and put her down, and then I nurse which seems to help her sleep a bit longer.
  • Yea DH doesn't ever see him. Maybe I should just make 6pm a nap and bring him out again after so DH can occasionally play.
    imageimage

• Ours is down by 7:30 every night
  • swirl25swirl25 member
    edited February 2014
    Yea DH doesn't ever see him. Maybe I should just make 6pm a nap and bring him out again after so DH can occasionally play.

Yeah, forgot to say she almost always takes a nap while we are eating dinner, between 5-6 till about 6:30ish. Then she wakes up for a bit for her bottle from DH and some story/cuddle time, and we start our bedtime routine. Doesn't affect her 8/8:30 bedtime.
  • Bath at 9, last feeding around 9:30 and then he usually is asleep by 10. We'll try pushing back to 8:00 bath so I can get to bed earlier in the next few weeks though. I go back to work in 3 wks and LO gets up around 5 or 6.
  • onewayticketonewayticket member
    edited February 2014

By the way @onewayticket any update on your nanny?

I know i'm going to get major flames but...I loaned her $ after all.
    Edited to fix emoji: #-o
    imageimage

• Bath around 7:15 or 7:30. Bottle follows. In bed by 8:10ish and asleep by 8:15. She wakes somewhere between 5:30/6:30, I BF her and put her back down. Then she wakes between 8 and 8:30 to start her day.

Jill (36) Wife to Joe (36) Mom to: Alyssa (forever 10) Jacob (10) Baby Due 12/31/13 Pregnancy Ticker

• megsswm said:

My lo self imposed her bedtime early on.... Start routine about 530/6 and she is out by 7 usually 645. We thought about pushing it back but this girl won't have it. Works great for us we can get her to be and then have dinner and chores and down time before our own bed .

This sound like our situation. He is pretty much determining his own bedtime.
    imageimage

• stacers33stacers33 member
    edited February 2014
    We feed her around 5:30, then bath at 6:00, usually she's tucked in for a stretch between 6:30-7:00. I wake her between 9-10 for one last feed and then she's down until somewhere between 4:00-6:00. I'm still on mat leave so that will probably all get pushed back when I am back to work... She will usually eat between 4-6 and then go back to sleep and will actually start her at when we take DS to daycare/preschool at 7:15.
    imageimageimage

Sebastian: March 3, 2010

2nd Tri Angel Baby: November 2012

McKenna: December 2, 2013

• We have a routine that she goes to sleep by 8pm...sometimes 9 if we go out. But when I notice her getting cranky I start bath time around 6:30 -7pm and lately she's been asleep by 7:30-8pm. And has been sleeping good And through the night #:-S last week she didn't sleep through the night at all. I would say stick to a routine so they get used to it!
  • Wow that's early! We start our routine around 8 & LO is asleep by 9:15 or so. That said, she does take a short 45 min evening nap though, around 6:30. Our routine used to start even later but I've been slowly moving it up in preparation for me going back to work next week, since LO will have to wake up earlier.
  • We just changed ours from 11:30 to 10:30.

• She goes down between 10 and 11 and is up around 7:30. If she goes to sleep any earlier she wakes for a MOTN feeding.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Bath at 6, then book, then bottle at 6:30. Asleep by 7. I love that H and I get to have dinner & hang out before our own bedtime.

And I sure hope the money-loaning works out for you.

• How are your LOs going to bed so early? My pedi said between 9-11pm bedtime is good then at 4 months it'll change to anytime between 6-8pm. Now I feel like I should be putting her down earlier. DD is going to sleep at like 9:30-10pm these days.

My sweet girl Lilijana Jane 12/16/13
    View Full Size Image 
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • peitripeitri member
    edited February 2014
    We do bath at 7pm, then I nurse her and put her in her crib after I burp her. I'm watching her right now on the baby monitor (it's 8pm my time). She was wide awake for a long time, but not making any noise. She is just now asleep (maybe. At least her eyes are closed). If she's not, she will be soon. Normally she'll wake once at night for a diaper and milk, or not at all, and wake up somewhere between 7-8am. Once in awhile she'll sleep longer than that.

ETA: Just read through all the responses. We tried a later bedtime and it was disaster - DD was waking 2-3 times a night. We adjusted to what she seemed to prefer and now we are a much happier family.
    Daisypath - (d3qY)
    Lilypie - (ATx7)

• By the way @onewayticket any update on your nanny?
    I know i'm going to get major flames but...I loaned her $ after all. Edited to fix emoji: #-o
    Wow!! What made you decide to do that if you don't mind me asking? You're very nice! Lol can I borrow $1500? :P

Well, I logged into Care.com and looked back through old messages and remembered the hunt for nannies that I went through earlier. She was the only one I liked out of 20 profiles and 10 interviews. I think that knowing her and seeing her in person makes the whole thing less shady bc she is really just a sweet old lady. LO likes her and always smiles at her and sleeps well with her. She showed up for work today which is a good sign! Lol I also asked one of the references who I spoke to previously about borrowing money. She told me that Julia had asked for advanced payment of $500 once in the past and she gave her the loan. There were no issues. It made me think maybe she thought it was normal to ask for advance payment. I told her that I would give her the loan but take out $200 a week until its paid back. I also told her no more loans.
    imageimage

• Wow I'm behind here. LO doesn't get last feed until 10..down by 11....up every 2 hrs every night. Officially up around 750 am.

I was in pain reading that you are up every 2. I am so sorry - P's to you that sleep comes in longer batches soon!!!

imageimageimage

Sebastian: March 3, 2010

2nd Tri Angel Baby: November 2012

McKenna: December 2, 2013

• We kind of let our LO do her thing right now . She usually falls asleep by 10 pm after her last feeding .
  • So as of a few hours ago I decided this is our official schedule. Bath around 7:30. Final feeding between 8-8:30. Down till 3 or 5 am. Should be interesting since my LO always falls asleep after eating and not really any other way. We will see how day are goes in 3 weeks!
  • I'm in the 10-12 club. Up anywhere between 4a-7a if she breaks out of swaddle. If she takes good naps during the day, it's easier to put her to bed but naps haven't been happening recently :( makes for a tired mom...
  • We do dinner at 6:30, baths at 7pm, our 1 year old is asleep at 7:30 and our 5yr old in bed by 8 and then I keep the baby up until 9pm to have some time with just her, then she falls alseep usually by 9:15-9:30. Her normal routine is up at 7am, then a 10am-12pm nap, then up until 3:30pm and then takes a 1 hour nap, then she's awake from 5pm ish until 9pm. She usually gets a bath everyother day before her 10am nap, but as I prepare to go back to work I want to start moving her bath & bedtime to the same as our 1yr olds...
  • MBMO2 said:

How are your LOs going to bed so early? My pedi said between 9-11pm bedtime is good then at 4 months it'll change to anytime between 6-8pm. Now I feel like I should be putting her down earlier. DD is going to sleep at like 9:30-10pm these days.

@MBM02, I agree with your pedi, I think that's normal. Our LO is 12 weeks today and just recently started going to bed earlier (9:15). Just a few weeks ago she was going to bed at 11. When I eliminated the late night feeding this week that helped a lot. I had to work on slowly moving bedtime up before I could do that.
  • jy725jy725 member
    edited February 2014
    We start at 630. I get her room ready by cleaning up, turning on her humidifer and sound machine... I begin with her bath and finish/dress in pjs close to 7. I start her night feed at 7 and she likes to nurse herself to sleep. About 10 mins. into it, I turn off the lamp and we use a small night light. She nurses for 40-60 mins and when she falls asleep I put her down in her crib.

Eta: She wakes up 1-2 times at night (between 1-3 and around 5)
  • Bath time is 6:30 then he will feed for quite a while, at least 40mins, sometimes over an hr but should sleep 8-9hrs then. We had a week of only 4-5hr sleeps until I stopped swaddling plus a 12 week growth spurt which was horrible. awake every 1hr. Last two nights back to 9hrs so fingers crossed
  • He's in bed around 8:30-9:00pm.
  • KFiori1KFiori1 member
    edited February 2014
    It really depends on when her last nap was, but it's generally 7:30-8. Last night was a little earlier, 7:15. But I generally do naked time around 7, bath if it's bath night, and then she'll eat and be asleep 7:30-8, depending on how long naked time/bath was. Yesterday she was up from her last nap at 4:50. I figured she would take a little cat nap around 6-6:30 but that never happened. So I started the bedtime routine around 6:45 since I knew she'd be getting tired soon, and she was out by 7:15. She slept til 4:40, back down by 4:55.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • MBMO2 said:
    How are your LOs going to bed so early? My pedi said between 9-11pm bedtime is good then at 4 months it'll change to anytime between 6-8pm. Now I feel like I should be putting her down earlier. DD is going to sleep at like 9:30-10pm these days.
    I think later bed times ARE normal at this age. But every baby is different. When DS started doing his long stretches(6hrs) at 8 weeks that started at 9pm. Around 12 weeks he moved to 8pm. DD1 didn't sleep so I can't say for her...but this LO has always started her long stretches 7:30-8, from when she was just a couple weeks old. Maybe it's because that is generally when DS and DD1 go to bed so she senses that it's downtime at the house!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"