September 2012 Moms

Anyone feel like naming a baby?

DH and I had our ultrasound today and 2.0 is a-okay and another girl!!! We are thrilled, but there are zero girl names we can agree on.

We do both agree on the criteria that the name needs to grow well, have at least one NN option, and be a real girl name (nothing made up). DH's picks are Samantha, Carolyn, and Violet. Mine are Margret, Colleen, and Anna. DD is Elinor Elizabeth (NN Norah)!and this babies middle name will be Jo or Josephine (after my grandfather who passed in October).

Any help/ideas would be very much appreciated, DH and I only ended up picking a name for DD because my cousin used our other name 3 weeks before she was born.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Anyone feel like naming a baby?

• I like Violet Josephine.  It sounds old timey and very pretty!  You could NN Vivi or Vi.  

I was just going to ask you how you were doing!  Good Luck with the name thing!  It is hard!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

tryingtogrowareddenfamily.blogspot.com

lifeofadialysiswife.blogspot.com

• I like Anna best with Josephine.  Some of the others with three syllables just sound long next to a three syllable middle name.  Colleen is NMS.  I do like Violet a lot though.
  • Loading the player...
  • I love Samantha. One of my all time favorites.
  • MRoxy0628MRoxy0628 member
    edited February 2014
    I love Violet or Margaret (Maggie for short).  Both are names I have considered for myself if we have another girl someday. Although, I think I would get flack for two flower names.  :) 

ETA:  Glad to hear everything looks good!
  • I like Violet in general, but I can't get past the damn purple dog (DD's favorite toy and DHs inspiration). Last name starts with a K and sounds almost exactly like Cornish. I'm open to other name suggestions as well.
  • AKB090609 said:
    I like Violet in general, but I can't get past the damn purple dog (DD's favorite toy and DHs inspiration). Last name starts with a K and sounds almost exactly like Cornish. I'm open to other name suggestions as well.
    This would bother me too, but I think once you have your sweat pea in your arms Violet the toy won't matter anymore.  I like the flow of Violet Josephine with your last name.

tryingtogrowareddenfamily.blogspot.com

lifeofadialysiswife.blogspot.com

• I really love Margaret. Just happens to be my middle name. Maggie has really grown on me.

• Anna is my favorite with Josephine, prefer over Jo. Josephine has lots of cute nn potential, would you consider it for a fn? Or a different Ann name since there are so many. Love Annette.

Violet has never been a favorite for me. I very much prefer Caroline to Carolyn. 

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• another vote for Violet Josephine. I agree with PP, once she is born you'll forget about the purple dog!!! Congrats on the girl!
  • I like your naming style :). Other ideas: Margot, Colette, Corinne, Natalie. Congrats on healthy baby girl #2!
  • I like both Anna and Violet. However I feel like Violet ages better than Anna. My cousin named her DD after our great grandmother Violet. Classic. It's a beautiful name. GL.

• MRoxy0628 said:
    I love Violet or Margaret (Maggie for short).  Both are names I have considered for myself if we have another girl someday. Although, I think I would get flack for two flower names.  :) 

This is me too.  Maggie Jo. :-)  I think it's adorable.

Nancy James 9.1.12

Calvin Donald 8.27.14

• MRoxy0628 said:

Ironically my other cousin is named Maggie. I like Maggie when she was little but as she got older it sounds so young. Margaret would be great with a NN Maggie.

• MRoxy0628 said:

That is my top-top-top choice, I love it, DH says he can only think of the Simpsons. Which I think is bull since our kid runs around with her Violet doll 24/7 for the last 12 months and he says I need to get over that.
  • AKB090609 said:
    MRoxy0628 said:

That is my top-top-top choice, I love it, DH says he can only think of the Simpsons. Which I think is bull since our kid runs around with her Violet doll 24/7 for the last 12 months and he says I need to get over that.
    Since we got the Violet doll I could never name a kid Violet.  That was my #1 name growing up and my DH just hates it.  I know 2 Maggie's IRL....one of them is my age and the other one is my Mom's cousin.  She's a weirdo, but the other one is fantastic, so they sort of balance out. ;-)

Nancy James 9.1.12

Calvin Donald 8.27.14

• I like Violet Josephine.  It sounds old timey and very pretty!  You could NN Vivi or Vi.  

I was just going to ask you how you were doing!  Good Luck with the name thing!  It is hard!
    I was going to suggest Violet Josephine too. Very pretty!

• I like the names you have picked out, but if you are looking for more suggestions, our girl names were: Vivienne, Amelia and Elena. 
  • Congrats on the u/s!! 

My two girl names that I don't know if I'll ever get to use are: Annabelle and Grace.  Annabelle has a couple NNs and I think fits your criteria.

GL in your decision!

Big Kid Jan 2010

Littlest Man Sept 2012

• I like the names you have picked out, but if you are looking for more suggestions, our girl names were: Vivienne, Amelia and Elena. 

All three are out, because they are used in already in our family (my living aunt, myself and my SIL)
  • Sahara78 said:
    If you want to find more names similar to the ones you listed, Nymbler is pretty fun.

We've used nymbler and gone thru the SSA list, neither have been very helpful we seem to just pull up different spellings of the same 10-20 names on nymbler.
  • Margaret Jo. Love.
    Great sibset with both full names and NNs (Maggie). 

• I love Violet Josephine. You could always call her "Lettie".

Married: 11/2011
    DS-9/2012
    DD-7/2015
    Sweet Angel Boy born too soon 12/17/17
    EDD-4/2019

• Josephine is a great name, have you considered that as a first name? Other suggestions: Aubrey Josephine (Aubs, Aubrey Jo), Caroline Josephine, and my favorite, Margot Josephine (Maggie, Maggie Jo).

Congrats on baby girl #2!

Carter Robert 7.18.08 | Brynn Sophia 5.24.10 | Reid Joseph 9.10.12 | Emerson Mae 1.27.14

• Of your choices, Anna Josephine. Of his choices, Violet Josephine. I think I prefer Anna to Violet. 
    March 2017 September Siggy Challenge: Favorite Fall Things

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"