October 2013 Moms

s/o BIG SPOON OR SMALL SPOON?!?!

sleepy33sleepy33 member
edited February 2014 in October 2013 Moms
Do you prefer to eat with the big spoon or the small spoon?
Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

DIStickerscom Ticker

s/o BIG SPOON OR SMALL SPOON?!?! 151 votes

Big spoon, bitches
17% 26 votes
Small spoon, I am a lady
62% 94 votes
Whatever is clean
13% 21 votes
I am Olga and my mom doesn't let me and Chole use spoons
0% 1 vote
SS
5% 9 votes

Re: s/o BIG SPOON OR SMALL SPOON?!?!

• Loading the player...
  • deedee1017deedee1017 member
    edited February 2014
    I apparently bought a SS silverware set (I guess SSSS, ha!) and it only came with one size spoons.  They're pretty big but not big like a ladle.  DH loves small spoons.  If I had a choice, I think I'd stick with the larger ones.  I'm a slow eater as it is.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Sometimes I get wild and eat with a mini spoonula 
    Love this, love your sig, love the Fantastic Mr Fox, love Wes Anderson. Love it.

DIStickerscom Ticker
  • baconface said:
    I totes thought this was going to be a poll about spooning.

I prefer being the little spoon.

ETA relevant gif

S/O of a s/o. Post that shit.

DIStickerscom Ticker
  • btimes3 said:
    SS because DIFFERENT SPOONS FOR DIFFERENT JOBS, DUH should have been an option.  I use teaspoons for almost everything, but table/soup spoons for:

• soup, obviously*
    • back when I could stand ice cream, to take one big spoonful (but I used teaspoons when I was eating a whole cup of ice cream)
    • mac and cheese (don't judge me)
    • pastina, which is my number one life-long comfort food, must be eaten with a tablespoon
    • when I'm sick, I swallow a tablespoon of honey a couple of times a day for my throat

(*Actually, only for soups with lots of veggies to scoop up.  Clear soups, I like to drink from a giant mug.  Even when it's ramen, I'll drink it and then use a fork to eat the noodles, it's just easier.)
    I would know more of this pastina...

DIStickerscom Ticker
  • For some reason spoons disappear faster than socks in this house. Currently we only have 2 big spoons. If we have anything that requires a spoon to eat we have to take turns. Lol

9/13/12 BFP 9/25/12 M/C at 6.5 weeks

***All AL'ers Welcome***

• Jalee85Jalee85 member
    edited February 2014
    Used to depend on what I am eating. However, I now am an exclusive plastic utensil user, so I don't have many options.
    April2014 Siggy Challenge - Bunnies
    imageimageimage     
    imageimage

• Jalee85 said:
    Used to depend on what I am eating. However, I now am an exclusive plastic utensil user, so I don't have many options.
    I don't know why, but I cannot stand plastic utensils unless they are from Wendy's.  They have the best plastic cutlery.  

• @deedee1017 I use dishwasher safe plastic utensils. They are much nicer then the throw away ones. I have to use those sometimes as well. I need to order more washable ones.
    imageimageimage     
    imageimage

• sleepy33 said:

Jalee85 said:

I have a really strong aversion to metal utensils. It is mostly from the noise they make while people eat. I'm not looking forward to the toddler years. If she is really bad we will eat with plastic 4 Lyfe....lol
    imageimageimage     
    imageimage

• @btimes3 I want to know how you make your pastina too!  The only way I've ever had it is in plain chicken broth when I'm sick. 

• Sometimes I get wild and eat with a mini spoonula 

Now I need a mini spatula. 

I could totes eat with this!
    imageimageimage     
    imageimage

• btimes3 said:
    @sleepy33
    @deedee1017

You boil the pastina in as little water as possible, strain out the water with a sieve, put the pastina back in the pan, and add A LOT of butter, enough milk to give it the right consistency, and a tiny bit of salt if you want.  My mom made me pastina this way when I was little so it became my comfort food.  I only eat it when I'm sick or sad or in some way feeling not-good.  I was surprised when I first found out that people eat it any other way.

Also, we pronounce it "bah-steen" but I think that's just an Italian thing.  And before someone tells me that there are different Italian accents for different regions, I am aware.  I almost smacked my roommate in freshman year for going on and on and onnnn about how "It's mo-tza-ray-la, not moo-tza-rel!" because her grandmother was from Italy and apparently we should all have the same dialect as whatever village she came from.  (OMG twenty year old pet peeve, sorry!)  On the other, hypocritical hand, I hate hearing people pronounce Italian food words with an American accent.  I seriously didn't know what the hell "man-a-cotty" was until I was in my teens because in my family it was pronounced "man-a-goat."  But my Greek BFF and I used to get into hilarious arguments about how to pronounce mozzarella and feta.
    I found this recipe online: https://www.framedcooks.com/2009/07/pastina-with-egg-and-cheese-otherwise-known-as-comfort-food.html
    I need dis.

DIStickerscom Ticker
  • btimes3 said:
    @sleepy33
    @deedee1017

You boil the pastina in as little water as possible, strain out the water with a sieve, put the pastina back in the pan, and add A LOT of butter, enough milk to give it the right consistency, and a tiny bit of salt if you want.  My mom made me pastina this way when I was little so it became my comfort food.  I only eat it when I'm sick or sad or in some way feeling not-good.  I was surprised when I first found out that people eat it any other way.

Also, we pronounce it "bah-steen" but I think that's just an Italian thing.  And before someone tells me that there are different Italian accents for different regions, I am aware.  I almost smacked my roommate in freshman year for going on and on and onnnn about how "It's mo-tza-ray-la, not moo-tza-rel!" because her grandmother was from Italy and apparently we should all have the same dialect as whatever village she came from.  (OMG twenty year old pet peeve, sorry!)  On the other, hypocritical hand, I hate hearing people pronounce Italian food words with an American accent.  I seriously didn't know what the hell "man-a-cotty" was until I was in my teens because in my family it was pronounced "man-a-goat."  But my Greek BFF and I used to get into hilarious arguments about how to pronounce mozzarella and feta.
    I'm going to have to try that!  It sounds good!  Funny that we both associate pastena (pah-steen-ah) with not feeling well.

• @awwwpuddin I agree I can eat with metal. However, when it comes to cooking and stuff. I just prefer to use non-metal. My grandma used to torture me with stiring gravy with a fork. Plastic is also nice for carrying plates around without the utensils moving around and making that noise.... Eeek
    imageimageimage     
    imageimage

• Depends on what I'm eating. For example, cereal or yogurt-small spoon; soup or stews-big spoon.

photo f5b87909-fb54-49d9-91f2-1c11ca11c6c6_zpsb539db06.jpgimage
    imageimagehttps://us.v-cdn.net/5020794/uploads/FileUpload/07/a4ee8a96ea9a5b36f67716d2e4a85b.jpg

• I use small spoons but only when I run out soup spoons. For some reason I really love soup spoons! Big spoons are so big, why do they even make them?!

• Jalee85 said:
    @awwwpuddin I agree I can eat with metal. However, when it comes to cooking and stuff. I just prefer to use non-metal. My grandma used to torture me with stiring gravy with a fork. Plastic is also nice for carrying plates around without the utensils moving around and making that noise.... Eeek
    Who cooks with silverware?? Silverware is for eating. Wooden spoons are for cooking. Or your newfangled metal-alternatives.

DIStickerscom Ticker
  • Jalee85Jalee85 member
    edited February 2014
    sleepy33 said:

Jalee85 said:

@awwwpuddin I agree I can eat with metal. However, when it comes to cooking and stuff. I just prefer to use non-metal. My grandma used to torture me with stiring gravy with a fork. Plastic is also nice for carrying plates around without the utensils moving around and making that noise.... Eeek

Who cooks with silverware?? Silverware is for eating. Wooden spoons are for cooking. Or your newfangled metal-alternatives.

My grandma does. She has ruined a lot of non-stick pans too. :-q
    imageimageimage     
    imageimage

• Maybe this is a FFFC.  I don't have any wooden spoons.  I've always hated them.  I don't know why.  I don't have any non-stick pots.  Does that make it better?

• Totally not relevant, but @sleepy33 I love your new siggy picture of your handsome.

• Maybe this is a FFFC.  I don't have any wooden spoons.  I've always hated them.  I don't know why.  I don't have any non-stick pots.  Does that make it better?
    What do you cook with then? #dontsaysilverware

DIStickerscom Ticker
  • sleepy33 said:
    Maybe this is a FFFC.  I don't have any wooden spoons.  I've always hated them.  I don't know why.  I don't have any non-stick pots.  Does that make it better?
    Do you forgive me? 
    X_X

• sleepy33 said:
    Maybe this is a FFFC.  I don't have any wooden spoons.  I've always hated them.  I don't know why.  I don't have any non-stick pots.  Does that make it better?
    Do you forgive me? 
    X_X
    I am a little bit like salkfjslkfasdlfkjadlfkjsdflsakjd at the idea of metal utensils on metal pans. Just tell me you use a spatula for stirring cream-based sauces where you really have to get down on the bottom of the pan...

DIStickerscom Ticker
  • Totally not relevant, but @sleepy33 I love your new siggy picture of your handsome.
    Oooh, and thank you!

DIStickerscom Ticker
  • sleepy33 said:
    sleepy33 said:
    Do you forgive me? 
    X_X
    I am a little bit like salkfjslkfasdlfkjadlfkjsdflsakjd at the idea of metal utensils on metal pans. Just tell me you use a spatula for stirring cream-based sauces where you really have to get down on the bottom of the pan...
    If I said I use a whisk would it still make you all asldkfjlsadjflsakfdjlaskdjfasf? If so, then I totally use a rubber spatula.

• sleepy33 said:
    sleepy33 said:
    Do you forgive me? 
    X_X
    If I said I use a whisk would it still make you all asldkfjlsadjflsakfdjlaskdjfasf? If so, then I totally use a rubber spatula.
    For some reason, I don't mind a whisk that much. BUT, look at this whisk I got at Ikea:

It changed my whisking life!

DIStickerscom Ticker
  • #teambigspoons

Especially for ice cream.  Each spoonful is like a mini ice cream cone. 
  • sleepy33 said:
    sleepy33 said:
    sleepy33 said:
    Do you forgive me? 
    X_X
    For some reason, I don't mind a whisk that much. BUT, look at this whisk I got at Ikea:

It changed my whisking life!
    Whoa! That looks like it would make whisking much easier with more whisks hitting the surface.

• sleepy33 said:

Do you forgive me? 
    X_X

@deedee1017 Are you sure you are not my Grandma.

#traumatized4lyfe
    imageimageimage     
    imageimage

• Jalee85 said:
    sleepy33 said:
    Do you forgive me? 
    X_X
    @deedee1017 Are you sure you are not my Grandma. #traumatized4lyfe
    Yes, @Jalee85, it's me, grandma.

• Jalee85 said:

sleepy33 said:

Do you forgive me? 
    X_X
    @deedee1017 Are you sure you are not my Grandma.

#traumatized4lyfe

Yes, @Jalee85, it's me, grandma.

Ahhh! Stop drop and roll Grandma!!!!

• My Grandma has caught the kitchen and herself on fire once or twice before too...lol
    imageimageimage     
    imageimage

• A big spoon always. If all the big spoons are dirty, I'll wash one. I hate the small spoon. I see no purpose for this spoon unless you have kids.
    *Evelyn born 9/20/13*

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"