September 2014 Moms

baby moon?

Ive read about baby moons and have been considering my husband and I taking one.. is anyone else considering taking one? And if so, where and how far along will you be when you take one? I was thinking about a cruise, but is that too risky?!

Re: baby moon?

• I think we're going to do one. I don't know exactly when or where. I'm thinking May/June would be best (when I'm 20-28 weeks). I'd really like to be on a beach somewhere, but we'll see.

• My husband and I are going to Florida for the first 2 weeks in May! I am super excited!!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Im jealous of all the baby moons!  I am going to try and convince MH to take one.  We are going away for a weekend to celebrate July 4th but other than that, we dont have anything.  We went to Mexico for a week in October and werent planning anything this year.
    DH and I Married 11.12.10
    First BPP 1.24.14
    EDD 9.26.14

Baby Cooper John born on 9.24.14 6lbs9oz

• We are just doing an overnight thing.  Driving an hour away to go see Book of Mormon the musical and then spending the night in a nice hotel.  I will be close to 30 weeks.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I had thought about doing another "mini-honeymoon" for our anniversary this year - but everywhere we went on our honeymoon pretty much revolved around drinking alcohol, so I'm not so sure we won't just wait until AFTER the baby is born. :)

• We are talking about one because the baby will be born like a week before our one year wedding anniversary. We may just take a trip to celebrate our anniversary early.
    DD:3 | DS:1
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • We didn't do one last time and I didn't feel like I missed out on much.  This time we're going on a beach vacation with friends in June, but that is bringing the kids and was decided just before BFP, so that doesn't count.  I doubt we'll do anything were we go away just to the two of us. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

First Son - born 2013
    Second Son - born 2014 - Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome (HLHS) and Double Outlet Right Ventricle (DORV).  First open heart surgery at 5 days old.  He's had 3 open heart surgeries and several other procedures and is currently doing amazing.
    Third Son - due June 9, 2018
  • We are not and didn't before DS. We are though going to Aruba for my brothers wedding the end of October.
    View Full Size Image
  • Just FYI, if you do cruise, you need to check with each cruise line to see their cutoff dates for when they will no longer allow pregnant women to travel.  They vary.

We used it as an excuse to do one last vacation pre-children before E, we went to Charleston SC  and Kiawah Island.  It was great!  It was nice to get away when I was feeling good and allowed us to enjoy some couple time before our world changed forever.

We actually had close friends move to Charleston last summer, so we will be going to visit in mid-May, and will drive down to Savannah and Tybee Island to make a week of it.  E is coming with us, so not really a babymoon! 

We may do a long weekend for our anniversary this July, it is a milestone anniversary for us, and I'd love a long weekend at a spa somewhere.  It will probably be our last chance to get away just us for a long time, I feel like finding care for two will be much harder than 1!
    laying down the law on Oahu's North Shore

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I had thought about doing another "mini-honeymoon" for our anniversary this year - but everywhere we went on our honeymoon pretty much revolved around drinking alcohol, so I'm not so sure we won't just wait until AFTER the baby is born. :)
    That is totally us on vacation too haha.  My profile pic was taken after a long night drinking at an all inclusive.  The bar closed and they put my martini in a plastic glass so I could take it back to the room.  Classy! haha
    First BPP 1.24.14
    EDD 9.26.14

• We bought season passes for Ceadar Point back in October. So I guess ours will be several weekends spent there. It's a bummer that I can't ride anything, but that lazy river and I will probably become good friends! Yup, I can float my pregnant ass around all day on an inner tube and be quite happy about it. Of course now that I think of it, a couple of those weekends we'll probably take SO's DS with us, which should be a blast. SHOULD be, this is the first year he'll be tall enough for anything so that could potentially backfire on us.
    Cedar Point is super fun.  Too bad about not being able to ride the rides
    First BPP 1.24.14
    EDD 9.26.14

• My husband and I planned a trip to Hawaii at the end of January with the thought that once we got back we would start to seriously TTC.  That was going to be our big baby moon.  Found out three days before we left that I was already pregnant.  We had a good laugh about it, and I had a virgin frozen pina colada by the beach!  LOL

• My company is taking us to Destin, FL for a few days for a work trip, and we've decided to add a couple extra days for just the two of us as our early baby moon in May. We may do another long weekend up at the lake in July, but that will likely be with my stepson.
    July Siggy Challenge: Summer Pool Fails

BabyFetus Ticker
    BFP: 01.07.14 | Due Date: 09.17.14
  • We have a time share in Grand Cayman we were going to be visiting for a week this year... yea it won't be happening now. Anyone interested in buying a week? lol I'm pretty bummed but then again I'll take a baby over a vacay anyday! Maybe we'll try to head down to Florida during the summer for a little baby moon.. time will tell.
  • I think we will probably do Atlanta for a long weekend in May...it's an annual trip of ours but all the more reason to do it this year!
  • I live in FL so we are planning a baby moon in Charleston for a relaxing weekend.  I'll be 29 weeks (4th of July weekend)  but it's the only time we can take off from work.

• We already had a trip planned to DC in May. Neither of us have ever been and we want to your and do the touristy stuff. Not the most romantic or relaxing trip, but we are staying at a nice hotel and might go to a couple upscale places for dinner. I earn a week vacation time in June and DH was seriously ready to schedule another vacation just to get one more in before baby, but I helped him see reason that we'd be better off saving that money. We've agreed to take a week off late June/early July and do fun stuff around home. (We live near Chicago).
    Pregnancy Ticker

• We spent 4 days in Chicago before DS arrived, and we're planning a long weekend getaway (without DS!) for this spring, probably to Maine.

Oscar born October 2011

Miscarriage at 8 weeks (August 2013)

DD due September 1, 2014

BabyFruit Ticker

• I wanted to do a long weekend over my spring break...which is now non-existent due to snow days. We may try something else over the summer, but we don't have any definitive plans.

BFP #1 : 3/20/13 | EDD: 12/1/13 | MC: 4/15/13 

BFP #2: 1/9/14 | EDD: 9/21/14  

Welcomed our rainbow bear on 8/31/14

My Chart | All are Welcome

• coffee beancoffee bean member
    edited March 2014
    We are going to a B&B in St. Michael's, MD for Memorial Weekend.  It's also our 7 year anniversary.  Yay for couple time and relaxation!

We've also got a week at the beach (just our fam) in June and a week at the lake (giant trip with 5 families) in July planned for this summer.
    Mom to Abigail & Liliana -- Identical Twin Girls -- April 2008
    Baby #3 due September 12, 2014!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • DH is best man in his buddy's wedding in Buffalo August 1. I'll be 33 weeks. If I'm feeling up to it, we are going to extend and go to Niagara Falls as our baby moon. I've never been :)

imageimage

• We went to Captiva Island last year for our baby moon when I was 32 weeks pregnant.  It was about a 4 hour flight and the most glorious thing we did as a couple before baby #1.  We are planning to take another one for this pregnancy, but having a DD now makes it a bit more tricky.  We are thinking of bringing DD to grandma's for the weekend and doing a long weekend in Nantucket or Martha's Vineyard.
  • For our babymoon we are planning on going to Punta Cana in the Dominican Republic the 2nd week of June.  Beautiful beach and unlimited food-heaven.  We also plan to sneak as many weekend getaways as humanly possible.

Pregnancy Ticker IAmPregnant Ticker
  • We will do something low key, like a long weekend at the coast or somewhere. Nothing too spectacular.

That being said, if you can do something spectacular by all means go for it in my opinion! Last year we went to Hawaii and Europe, knowing that we wanted to be pregnant this year. I felt like I got a travel bug out of my system :)

*O17 June Siggy Challenge - You had 1 job!*
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • We are actually going to Kona, HI for 9 days.  Already had this booked before we knew LO was on the way.  Leaving March26, just in time for my spring break! I cannot wait to see that volcano and taste real Kona coffee!!!
    Me: 29  SO: 31
    BFP #1: 1/3/2013; Twins! Baby B passed 2/2/13, Baby A passed 2/12/13
    BFP #2: 1/12/2014; FX this one sticks! EDD: 9/23/14
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • AMandJM said:

For our babymoon we are planning on going to Punta Cana in the Dominican Republic the 2nd week of June.  Beautiful beach and unlimited food-heaven.  We also plan to sneak as many weekend getaways as humanly possible.

That's where we went on our honeymoon. We loved it!
    July Siggy Challenge: Summer Pool Fails

BabyFetus Ticker
    BFP: 01.07.14 | Due Date: 09.17.14
  • We are doing a cruise next week. I will be 11 weeks. We found a great deal on a 4 night and since we live in Florida it is pretty convenient. I can't wait!!
    Me 29 DH 30 Unexplained IF TTC since wedding May 2012. IUI #1 11/5/13-BFN.  IUI #2 12/5/13-BFN. IUI #3-12/30/14. All three with Femara CD 3-7 and Ovidrel trigger. +HPT 1/13/14 First +ever!!! Beta #1 195 Beta #2 1/15-533. Ultrasound on 2/4 showed one bean. EDD 9/22/14. Team Green turned Team Blue-Baby Conner arrived on 9/19/14.

• I think my DH and I will drive up the coast of CA (we live in SO Cal), some time in June. We'll end in San Fran and fly back down.
  • SmarieMcB84SmarieMcB84 member
    edited March 2014
    I wish! The closest I'll get is our family vacation to the beach in July. But with two LO and me being 7-8 months pregnant by then it will be more of a trip rather than a vacation!
    Pregnancy Ticker 
    DS1: 8/26/09    |    DS2: 11/1/11

May Siggy, Favorite Onscreen Mom - Sophia, Golden Girls                                                                          
    image image
  • We are going to Savannah, GA!  I'm really excited.  Neither of us have been there.  We are only spending a few nights, nothing long.  We are going in April over my spring break (teacher).  I hope it is nice and warm and I can wear sandals the entire time :-)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • We bought season passes for Ceadar Point back in October. So I guess ours will be several weekends spent there. It's a bummer that I can't ride anything, but that lazy river and I will probably become good friends! Yup, I can float my pregnant ass around all day on an inner tube and be quite happy about it. Of course now that I think of it, a couple of those weekends we'll probably take SO's DS with us, which should be a blast. SHOULD be, this is the first year he'll be tall enough for anything so that could potentially backfire on us.

We live right by cedar point!!! We just movies here and were so excited to all go. Oh well guess I will just take Ds.

We went to Australia before we found out we were pregnant with Ds that was awesome. My husband has to go to Pennsylvania for work in April so we figured we would take Ds to Hershey. That's about it.

BFP 1/4/2014 EDD September 14 2014

• I would love a weekend at the lake and/or to head to KC when the Yankees are visiting since it will be the last season I will be able to see Jeter play. That will depend on if he can stay off the DL this season.

^^^ September Signature: TV series I plan on binge watching with my newborn I do what I want. ^^^

image    image

<3 Gage Douglas 09.04.2014...my sunshine after the rain.

• We're going to the Bahamas for my hubby's birthday in May/June.  This will also serve as our baby moon...I'll be about 26 weeks at that point.  Since the flight is only a couple hours, my doc is fine with me flying.  We might also do a stay-cation as I get closer to my due date.
    September '14 June Siggy Challenege: Dad Eye Candy
    imageimage

IAmPregnant Ticker
    Whoa! Look at you grow!
    BabyFruit Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • No baby moon for me. Saving my vacation time for the first 2 weeks of maternity leave.
    I am headed to Dallas next week for a week but it's a work trip and hubby isn't coming.

We do live on the west coast of Florida so I'm sure we will hit the beach a few weekends this summer.

• I definitely recommend taking a babymoon! My husband and I will be going to Grand Cayman in April. I am having a hard time finding a bathing suit and I'm not sure exactly what size I'll be by then. I think it's time to finally buy a one piece. Urggg
  • We decided on a babymoon! We are going to myrtle beach for four nights,five days the second week of May :) we live in the Chicagoland area so anything wwarmer then 10 degrees will be wonderful!! Although it says the weather is typically in the high 70s around then, which will be perfect!
  • lesleyn21 said:
     My husband has to go to Pennsylvania for work in April so we figured we would take Ds to Hershey. That's about it.
    If you can, book a prenatal massage at the Spa at the Hotel Hershey.  It is amazing.  I already have three scheduled (my mom, sister and I go regularly).
    laying down the law on Oahu's North Shore

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Update: DH is likely wanted in NYC for two weeks for his job. We love New York and he doesn't like to be away from me, so I will probably come with for the whole time. He feels so strongly about me enjoying this trip and I plan to SAH anyway that he says if work won't give me the time off to just quit early. I'm admittedly spoiled by him. :)
    Pregnancy Ticker

• We're going away for 4th of July weekend as our Baby moon!
    Me (31) - PCOS with insulin resistance

4 rounds of Clomid = no response
    IVF # 1 - ET (1 3AA, 4 frosties): 12/22 = BFP
    EDD: 9/9/2014

• @revery, we are renting a car and taking about 7 days total to drive up, staying in places like Santa Barbara, big sur, and san fransisco.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"