Baby Names

Indulge my crazy?

I have a son named Owen. If we have another boy, we're considering Jasper as the name. Do those two names make you think of a particular theme? What about if I threw in Henry as well? Thanks!

Re: Indulge my crazy?

• Owen & Henry if you are going for an older, classic boy name theme.

Owen & Jasper sound fine together to me as well, but do not make me think of any "theme".

• I got nothin as far as themes go. I like Jasper and Owen best. Henry is a great name but so overplayed at this point. There are at least five Henry's I see on a monthly basis.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I think both names are fine with Owen, and they don't make me think of anything in particular.

DS born Oct. '11

TTC #2 with PCOS since Nov. '13

Dx: Low Progesterone (3.3) on 8/12/14

Waiting for RE appointment on 10/28/14

Surprise BFP on cycle 12 -- 10/19/14!

EDD July 1, 2015

BabyFetus Ticker
  • saham07saham07 member
    edited February 2014
    Your last name isn't Tudor is it?? But, seriously , I hope you are not worried about the Royal half brothers from the 1400's (I had to Google the names) I think you are fine!
  • saham07 said:

Your last name isn't Tudor is it?? But, seriously , I hope you are not worried about the Royal half brothers from the 1400's (I had to Google the names) I think you are fine!

Ding ding! I told you guys that it was crazy. I'm a huge Tudor fan though so it's obvious to me, but just wanted to make sure it wasn't for anyone else. For the record, I am not naming them after them -- Owen we just liked, and Jasper is more after a town I used to live in. But once I thougt about them together I realized that Owen Tudor is Jasper's father, and Jasper basically raised the future Henry VII. LoL. Over thinking it.

Owen, Henry and Jasper are also all counties in Indiana. Yup. Over thinking it JUST A LITTLE.

• I think Henry and Owen "fit" together better.  Henry Jasper?

BFP 1- EDD 2/09/11 Missed MC DX @11 weeks D&C- 7/25/10 BFP 2- EDD 12/22/11 Natural MC @ 5w 2d BFP 3- EDD 1/25/12 DD Josephine born 1/16/12

Lilypie - (TUWi)

• AccioPizzaAccioPizza member
    edited February 2014
    LOL we actually 'can't' use Henry for this kid (according to my husband) because his close friend has a Henry. I'm just considering it for a third boy (if we have one) because one of us is reasonably likely to be living in other town by then and I don't think it would bother him then.

Incidentally, he/we also love the name Edward. Tudors AGAIN. But we won't be using that one because I have a cousin with that name :-) (which he thinks is a stupid reason for taking it off the table, but thinks nothing of taking Henry off the table because of a friend's kid!)

ETA: we use family names for middle names, so wouldn't likely combine them anyway :-)
  • I agree with your H about the name Henry.  It's a pretty classic name that a lot of people have and use.

If the name was Horatio, I might give pause.

Other names I like with Owen

Evan

Grant

Ethan

Nathan

Liam

Allen/ Alan

Miles

Quinn

BFP 1- EDD 2/09/11 Missed MC DX @11 weeks D&C- 7/25/10 BFP 2- EDD 12/22/11 Natural MC @ 5w 2d BFP 3- EDD 1/25/12 DD Josephine born 1/16/12

Lilypie - (TUWi)

• Haha, you actually agree with me, Helena. I think he's nuts for veto'ing Henry because of the friend. Nathan and Nathaniel are also off the table because his HS gf has a kid with that name ... What?!? Thanks for the suggestions. I like most of them but all are those are veto'd because we have friends or relatives with the name, DH doesn't like or, like Quinn, are too short (in my mind) for our one-syllable LN.

• I would never have made that historical connection. Great names and great sibset! Henry is a lovely choice too.

Oscar born October 2011

Miscarriage at 8 weeks (August 2013)

DD due September 1, 2014

BabyFruit Ticker

• Thanks all!!
  • Your last name isn't Tudor is it?? But, seriously , I hope you are not worried about the Royal half brothers from the 1400's (I had to Google the names) I think you are fine!
    Ding ding! I told you guys that it was crazy. I'm a huge Tudor fan though so it's obvious to me, but just wanted to make sure it wasn't for anyone else. For the record, I am not naming them after them -- Owen we just liked, and Jasper is more after a town I used to live in. But once I thougt about them together I realized that Owen Tudor is Jasper's father, and Jasper basically raised the future Henry VII. LoL. Over thinking it. Owen, Henry and Jasper are also all counties in Indiana. Yup. Over thinking it JUST A LITTLE.
    Nope. Never would have picked up on either theme. :)
    Married 9-4-04

***PM me for my IF history***

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • edited February 2014
    Hahaha I am such a nerd because when I had to think about a connection between the two, I did think of the Tudors. However one of my deepest guilty pleasures is Philippa Gregory novels and I read the Red Queen last year, where they appear. I also have a very good memory for names so I don't think I'm a good representative of the general population! If anything I think it's a fun little connection. 

Margaret if you have a girl? :)

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers 
    VOTE on my Name List
  • Hahaha I am such a nerd because when I had to think about a connection between the two, I did think of the Tudors. However one of my deepest guilty pleasures is Philippa Gregory novels and I read the Red Queen last year, where they appear. I also have a very good memory for names so I don't think I'm a good representative of the general population! If anything I think it's a fun little connection. 

@strawberrytree -- I LOVE Phillipa Gregory too!! Did you read the White Princess yet?

Also LOL at Margaret. I kinda like Cecily, but DH's mind goes to a Game of Thrones character so it got veto'd. Oh well, that's a York name anyway, right ;-)
  • Hahaha I am such a nerd because when I had to think about a connection between the two, I did think of the Tudors. However one of my deepest guilty pleasures is Philippa Gregory novels and I read the Red Queen last year, where they appear. I also have a very good memory for names so I don't think I'm a good representative of the general population! If anything I think it's a fun little connection. 

@strawberrytree -- I LOVE Phillipa Gregory too!! Did you read the White Princess yet? Also LOL at Margaret. I kinda like Cecily, but DH's mind goes to a Game of Thrones character so it got veto'd. Oh well, that's a York name anyway, right ;-)
    Oh man, no! I didn't know it was out yet! I read the White Queen and the one about Jacquetta, but I will have to check my library for the White Princess! Thanks!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers 
    VOTE on my Name List
  • I approve of your Tudor fetish. I don't think many people will catch on to it, so you're golden.

@strawberrytree -- I LOVE Phillipa Gregory too!! Did you read the White Princess yet?

Also LOL at Margaret. I kinda like Cecily, but DH's mind goes to a Game of Thrones character so it got veto'd. Oh well, that's a York name anyway, right ;-)

Oh man, no! I didn't know it was out yet! I read the White Queen and the one about Jacquetta, but I will have to check my library for the White Princess! Thanks!

Loving all the Cousin's War books! I think the Jacquetta one is my fav -- wasn't so crazy about the White Princess, but still worth reading :-)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"