January 2014 Moms
Options

UO Thursday

As a west coaster, this is usually well underway by the time I get up. But not today, so I am getting this started.

Ready, set go!

July 2015 Jan Siggy Challenge: Snow Fails/Funnies

BFP #5 11/15/14, Team Green EDD 7/22/15

BFP #4 4/30/13, baby girl born med-free Jan. 2014

BFP #3 9/24/12, Missed m/c at 9w1d (baby measured 8w5d)

BFP #2 9/23/10, healthy baby girl born med-free June 2011

BFP #1 5/21/10, Missed m/c at 10w4d (baby measured 8wks), D&C 6/29/10

"Life is like a camera, just focus on what's important and capture the good times, develop from the negatives and if things don't work out, just take another shot."

Re: UO Thursday

• Options

And I thought of a few...

1.) I don't like it when people post pinterest type things on facebook. Like when someone posts a great recipe or a how-to on facebook - that's what pinterest is for!

2.) I kind of miss all the birth stories. Don't get me wrong, I am glad we all have had our babies, but I like reading the stories about how everyone's babies got here.

"Life is like a camera, just focus on what's important and capture the good times, develop from the negatives and if things don't work out, just take another shot."

• Options
    I don't like Scandal. I actually hate it based on ppl's obsession with it. It's like Harry potter. I'd like to see how far I can go without watching. The longer I go the more shocking it is to ppl.

married 3/3/12----- Alanson Kavi born 1/15/14

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Everyone should be able to drive a standard transmission.
    As someone who cannot do this, I wholeheartedly agree with you. Everyone drives standard cars in UK and Europe.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

sibling love  

• Options
    Driving on the opposite side of the road really is not that tricky. A lot of Americans I know in the UK are scared to drive because of this...I think that is pretty stupid. 

________________________________________________________________________________________________

sibling love  

• Options
    ehepnerehepner member
    edited February 2014
    I don't like the new born stage either! They're all work and no play! I'm so looking forward to seeing some emotion on this kid -aside from angry. It doesn't help that DD is at such a fun stage.

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    ccip82 said:

As someone who cannot do this, I wholeheartedly agree with you. Everyone drives standard cars in UK and Europe.

I bought my car and didn't know how to drive it! My exSIL taught me.
    imageimage
    Baby Chugging born 12.28.13
    induction due to HELLP

• Options
    If I did not have to drive around here with kids, I would have tried learning how to drive standard, but with all the hills, city stop and go traffic, plus having my babies in the car...it was safer to buy an automatic.

sibling love  

• Options
    ccip82 said:

ccip82 said:

If I did not have to drive around here with kids, I would have tried learning how to drive standard, but with all the hills, city stop and go traffic, plus having my babies in the car...it was safer to buy an automatic.

We had to sell my standard Civic when we got married bc DH just could not master driving it lol

• Options
    Ice cream is my least favorite dessert. The only time I ever actually eat it us if my husband wants to go out for some or buys a kind I can tolerate.
    I prefer baked goods, cake,pie, and cookies!
  • Options
    bnik said:

Is today really Thursday?! I thought it was Wednesday

You made me second guess myself, but according to my iPhone it is Thursday :)

• Options
    ccip82 said:
    I had to teach my sister before she went to Beligum (she was a live-in nanny).
    imageimage
    Baby Chugging born 12.28.13
    induction due to HELLP

• Options
    ccip82 said:
    FFTC: My best friend tried teaching me over a three month period in high school and I completely sucked at driving standard. We would go to an empty church parking lot almost everyday after school...I just could not get the hang of the clutch and gear shift.

sibling love  

• Options
    ccip82 said:

ccip82 said:

ccip82 said:

FFTC: My best friend tried teaching me over a three month period in high school and I completely sucked at driving standard. We would go to an empty church parking lot almost everyday after school...I just could not get the hang of the clutch and gear shift.

I had to learn standard when I was in high school. My father thought it was good to just take me driving in town to learn...needless to say I stalled it at every light and stop sign I had to stop at. So NOT a good way to teach your child.

Married 3/17/2005
    M/C #1 2005 - 6wks
    M/C #2 2006 - 7wks
    M/C #3 2008 - 11wks
    Baby Aeneas Born 1/20/2014
  • Options
    ...while they are playing dominoes? ;)

@ChuggingWater

I just love how you roll with the UOs.
  • Options
    I don't think that Governor Jan Brewer should have vetoed SB1062. I think everyone who said it was discriminating against gays and attacked anyone who supported it are hypocrites because they are then discriminating against the business owners religious freedom.
    I don't know if I have enough candy to sit here and watch this explode.

If you run out and need more, I suggest this

Its like a butterfinger and a peanut butter cup had a baby! it's amazing!

• Options
    Aww @peanutmuse you're making me blush.... :\">
  • Options
    @ChuggingWater I just cracked open a new bag of Gummi Bears. I'll share with you.

I've got an appointment with lactation soon but look forward to reading all the fun when I get home.
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    Well, this should make for a good read when I get off work at 8.
    Carry on, ladies!
    And might I just add, while it would have discriminated against gay people, it more than likely would have targeted those of different ethnic backgrounds as well, like it was said earlier it would be like going back to the 1950s etc. Oh and I could see it going super well when the first white person was turned away from a business due to "religious reasons". I'm sure Arizona would have loved their law then...
  • Options
    sapatel1 said:

My UO is that my least favorite part of the bible says, "Thou shalt not make baked goods for the gays."

Bahahaha!

• Options

sapatel1 said:

My UO is that my least favorite part of the bible says, "Thou shalt not make baked goods for the gays."

While I understand this was meant as comedy...it brings me to an important point.  I think that as a business owner or employee in any customer service job (which covers nearly every job you can think of except my exception in this example) you should never have the right to turn away anyone for race, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, etc.  However Priests and  Pastors have had this right for a long time.  They can refuse to wed a divorced woman to another man, they can refuse to baptize a baby of an unwed mother, they can refuse to marry a gay couple.  That qualifies as a religious exemption in my book, just as I as a nurse can refuse to participate in an abortion.  

If you draw the line somewhere (i.e. pastors can do this but a business owner cannot) then what is right and what is wrong?  Should everyone have to participate in things they don't believe in? 

I in no way support this bill whatsoever...but it raises interesting questions

That does bring up a very good point. I think with at least pastors and priests you are belonging to said group because you share beliefs. If the person of the group did something against the beliefs they don't get the perks, etc. I know wih me it was frustrating because I had to do a month to month lease with my apt for two months before out wedding because if I moved in with DH his dad would not perform the ceremony. So we went by the "rules".
  • Options
    I don't enjoy watching the winter olympics
    I enjoyed it at first. It was nice to have something on TV when I got up in the middle of the night to nurse, but by the end I was tired of it all. 

• Options

sapatel1 said:

It's not the fact of making baked goods, it was the fact that it was for a wedding. The business owners religious beliefs were against gay marriage which would entail them being against provided that said service for them.

I wonder if said bakery sold baked goods to the couple and then the couple sat down and planned their wedding while eating said baked goods. GASP......then the bakery lost out on a shit ton of money just bc they didn't want to be part of the wedding, yet they already were. Ignorance will unfortunately never die.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"