April 2013 Moms

The Real UO

2»

Re: The Real UO

• Totally unrelated. I'm eating cottage cheese with hot sauce mixed in and it's ah-mazing. 

That sounds glorious. I will be going to the market after nap time.
    If somebody thinks they're a hedgehog, presumably you just give 'em a mirror and a few pictures of hedgehogs and tell them to sort it out for themselves.-Douglas Adams
  • JSS1002 said:
    Target has a 5/$10 deal on 12 packs of soda this week, and I had to go there 3 days in a row for sick baby supplies. Every time I went, people were filling their entire carts full of soda. I couldn't help but judge a little... I will drink a soda here and there, but not enough to get excited about a "deal" on carbonated sugar. That said, the sale has driven up Target's sales a ton (locally) this week, and I'm told once they hit a certain number, our Food Ave will become a Starbucks, so drink away, people. (Also, my excitement for Starbucks is probably no better than theirs is for soda.) Long UO over.
    Hate to break it to you but SBUX doesn't replace Food Avenue so I don't know if that is true or not. They could be adding a SBUX, but it could just be a rumor.  But if you tell me which Target, I can look into it for you. :-)
    @JSS1002 I sent you a PM :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • cece2682 said:

Totally unrelated. I'm eating cottage cheese with hot sauce mixed in and it's ah-mazing. 

Just out of curiosity, What made you pair those two things together???? Lol
    Ha! Actually my ex boyfriend used to eat it and got me to try it. I normally don't buy cottage cheese but I saw it in the grocery store today and remembered how good it was. My life is so exciting ;)

• On the cottage cheese thing, anyone mix it with cut up apples, cinnamon and sugar?? Yuuuummmmm.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • tondraluv said:
    Every time I think about spray tanning, I think about that episode on Friends when Ross went to get tanned =))
    Bummer of the year was discovering I am straight up allergic to spray tanning. :-(

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • jthree said:

@chicagobroad26 I had a best friend in junior high/high school who introduced me to the wonders of cottage cheese with some salsa mixed in and we would have it every day after school for a snack!  Super yummy and healthy!

That is also excellent. Especially with a fruit flavored salsa like peach or cherry.

• @chicagobroad26 I had a best friend in junior high/high school who introduced me to the wonders of cottage cheese with some salsa mixed in and we would have it every day after school for a snack!  Super yummy and healthy!
    That is also excellent. Especially with a fruit flavored salsa like peach or cherry.
    Also good (and random) popcorn with Tabasco sauce sprinkled on top.

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Sol1790 said:

P.S most hispanic people think the lighter you are the prettier you look. The darker you are well you are less attractive. Ironic much?

The same goes for Filipinos. When I was a kid my mom told me that it's because the poor Filipinos have to work outside in the sun and the more affluent ones stayed inside and had lighter skin since they weren't exposed to the sun. Therefore the lighter you are, the richer your are. Effed up thinking IMO but I have an aversion to becoming more tan because my family would always bash me if I had one as a kid.

@tondraluv - your reference to that friends episode is too funny!
    Anniversary
  • @sherina825 I met one of my Carrier Reps in person Monday & they gave me "the face" (aka The Nina Katz episode of Sex and the City) when I introduced myself. I was racking my brain all week trying to figure out what the hell that face was about.

• P.S most hispanic people think the lighter you are the prettier you look. The darker you are well you are less attractive. Ironic much?
    @Aprilbaby49 that's the same for black people; the darker skinned were field slaves & the fare skinned were house slaves. My step mom (she's Filipino) is very mean to my little sisters because they are dark skinned. It's sad that people still think that way but that's what they were taught.

• tondraluv said:

Sol1790 said:

P.S most hispanic people think the lighter you are the prettier you look. The darker you are well you are less attractive. Ironic much?

@Aprilbaby49 that's the same for black people; the darker skinned were field slaves & the fare skinned were house slaves. My step mom (she's Filipino) is very mean to my little sisters because they are dark skinned. It's sad that people still think that way but that's what they were taught.
    I agree it's sad that people think that way @tondraluv.

My mom worked as a nurse during the day and sold candy on the streets in the Philippines so this way of thinking came from her first hand experience too. Sorry that your step-mom was mean to your little sisters :( Not all Filipinos think that way btw.
    Anniversary
  • Kate_C said:
    Cottage cheese is gross, y'all.
    Truth. The only thing I can think of when I hear "cottage cheese" is "cottage cheese thighs." ::shudders::
    Or a yeast infection. Double shudder.
    Yeah, not really a fan.  Sorry to yuck your yum, ChicagoBroad.

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • arschm02arschm02 member
    edited February 2014
    JSS1002 said:
    Kate_C said:
    Cottage cheese is gross, y'all.
    Truth. The only thing I can think of when I hear "cottage cheese" is "cottage cheese thighs." ::shudders::
    Or a yeast infection. Double shudder.
    Yeah, not really a fan.  Sorry to yuck your yum, ChicagoBroad.

there are a lot of things out there that look gross or like something completely disgusting that I still love to eat.... Cottage cheese and refried beans top my list.
    "As soon as I saw you I knew an adventure was going to happen." ~Winnie the Pooh
  • Aaww I love cottage cheese, especially with my grandma's garden tomatoes with salt and pepper. I used to eat that every day in the summer. It's good with hot corn too.

Haha I want to watch that friends episode now. I can't stand tanning. I nag my mom about it. She goes to a tanning bed and here both of her parents have to have skin cancer removed all of the time. We are pasty redheads! Accept it! I don't judge the spray kind although to me it really doesn't look good anyway.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • tondraluv said:
    @Aprilbaby49 that's the same for black people; the darker skinned were field slaves & the fare skinned were house slaves. My step mom (she's Filipino) is very mean to my little sisters because they are dark skinned. It's sad that people still think that way but that's what they were taught

Yeah, kinda funny now that I look back and being told I would have been a house n----a by a lot of my family members, both fully black and white. At the time, I didn't think much of it. Though, I have been ridiculed the most by the black part of my family for being half white and having green eyes and 'better' hair, but do nothing with it.

I guess my UO, but perhaps not a UO on here is I cannot stand really bad slang, and I really cannot understand how some people can say that the word n----a is not the same as the derogatory word used to describe black people. When someone uses it all I can think is... "so ignorant, so ignorant, so ignorant" and everything else they say is on mute.

• tondraluv said:
    @Aprilbaby49 that's the same for black people; the darker skinned were field slaves & the fare skinned were house slaves. My step mom (she's Filipino) is very mean to my little sisters because they are dark skinned. It's sad that people still think that way but that's what they were taught

Yeah, kinda funny now that I look back and being told I would have been a house n----a by a lot of my family members, both fully black and white. At the time, I didn't think much of it. Though, I have been ridiculed the most by the black part of my family for being half white and having green eyes and 'better' hair, but do nothing with it.

I guess my UO, but perhaps not a UO on here is I cannot stand really bad slang, and I really cannot understand how some people can say that the word n----a is not the same as the derogatory word used to describe black people. When someone uses it all I can think is... "so ignorant, so ignorant, so ignorant" and everything else they say is on mute.
    Agreed 1000000000000000%

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Totally unrelated. I'm eating cottage cheese with hot sauce mixed in and it's ah-mazing. 
    whoooaaaa weird psychic moment. I was just thinking of writing an UO about how gross cottage cheese is. And you took it to the next level!
     Image and video hosting by TinyPic!Image and video hosting by TinyPic
               Warner, our early surprise, born March 12, 2013!
            Watching You Grow Everyday, Right Before Our Eyes!
  • @clandestinex once again I think you're my lady soul mate! I cringe every time I hear that word like a piece of me is dying. Also I've gotten into huge fights with my MIL because my cooking is "white" or certain characteristics I have are from 'the white in me". The other day she said I reprimand Brayden like a "white mom". Excuse me for not wanting to cook with a bunch of grease, for not being loud, or not beating my child.

• tondraluv said:
    @clandestinex once again I think you're my lady soul mate! I cringe every time I hear that word like a piece of me is dying. Also I've gotten into huge fights with my MIL because my cooking is "white" or certain characteristics I have are from 'the white in me". The other day she said I reprimand Brayden like a "white mom". Excuse me for not wanting to cook with a bunch of grease, for not being loud, or not beating my child.
    Haha, that must be so annoying. I really can only stand to be around that side of the family for so long. They also wonder why I am so quiet, while everyone is like 900 dB when they are just talking. I still haven't taken my husband to meet them in fear of him thinking everyone is fighting with each other all the time when they are just having lovely conversations about dominoes or something. =P

• Oh...andplusalso

I dont get people who choose to give their toddlers, without allergies or sensitivities of any kind, non-dairy milk.

Haha... I don't get why people drink milk. I don't care that you do, but isn't it weirder that someone came up with grabbing a cow's nipples and drinking what came out? :)

• Oh...andplusalso

I dont get people who choose to give their toddlers, without allergies or sensitivities of any kind, non-dairy milk.

Haha... I don't get why people drink milk. I don't care that you do, but isn't it weirder that someone came up with grabbing a cow's nipples and drinking what came out? :)
    Or eating it??? This is the stuff that keeps me up at night. Who comes up with this stuff? But thank god they did -- mmmmm, steak.

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • jthree said:

Oh...andplusalso

This made me laugh.  Is it any weirder than grabbing a boob and breastfeeding?  Before formula was invented, if there wasn't a wet nurse around babies were given goat or cows milk.  

I think all she's saying though is imagine it's the first cow you've ever seen in your life and the concept of milk is foreign to you (breast or beast!), would you ever go "sweet I'm gonna suck on that!"

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • jthree said:

Oh...andplusalso

This made me laugh.  Is it any weirder than grabbing a boob and breastfeeding?  Before formula was invented, if there wasn't a wet nurse around babies were given goat or cows milk.  

To me it's weirder because we are different species. Like @jss1002 said, who in the world thought to do that in the first place?! :)

• Midwestern living is where it's at, yo.

I got nothing this week...

But the food is kind if meh. I've lived in the south. Yum. Texas. Double yum. Germany. Yum yum yum. Ohio. Meh.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • La Olivia said:
    Midwestern living is where it's at, yo. I got nothing this week...
    But the food is kind if meh. I've lived in the south. Yum. Texas. Double yum. Germany. Yum yum yum. Ohio. Meh.
    Hey! What's wrong with Ohio?
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • none5 said:

La Olivia said:

Midwestern living is where it's at, yo.

I got nothing this week...

Nothing. I liked living there. The food just wasn't that good.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • none5 said:
    La Olivia said:
    Midwestern living is where it's at, yo. I got nothing this week...
    Ummmm .... it's cold and dreary!!!!! That's why I swear 50% of the people living in my city are transplants from Ohio!
    Amanda

Nov siggy challenge: animals eating Thanksgiving food

BabyFruit Ticker
    Rhys - born 04.17.2013
    Harry - born 04.18.2016
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"