April 2014 Moms

UO Fimmtudaginn :-)

1235»

Re: UO Fimmtudaginn :-)

• I think the public school system is a mess, that's it is not conducive to learning for most students, and it makes me kind f sick when I think about having to send my son to kindergarden in less than 3 years. Most private schools are not much better

This is why I'm giving serious consideration to homeschooling when LO is old enough for that.  Public schools are friggin' ridiculous anymore.

A14 Siggy Challenge (November): Favorite Fall Smell
  • Loading the player...
  • I hate spring. I am dreading it so much.

April '14 Siggy Challenge:

god damn you're so effing cute gifimage

• avidkeo said:

Roufi said:

@maelic - I wanna be a preggopotamus! It sounds awesome!

I wanna be a hiphopopotamus!

oh @Biggerinreallife you had to know that putting a pic of Flight of the Concords would make me the happiest person ever!!!! Can I be the Rhymnocerous???

Forgot you guys had this show!! I LOVE Brett and Jemaine! 

"Ain't no party like my grannies tea party, hey, ho."

I have seen them in concert 4 times and it was some of the funniest shit ever! I couldn't watch that show all day!

Had DH and I had a full-on "proper" wedding, "Business Time" would have come on for the garter shenanigans.

----

Business Time is totally our code or negotiating sex.

(Me, calling DH at work)
    "You'd better hurry home, honey. We need to take care of some business."
    "Oh yeah? Is it business time?"
    "Yup. Can we schedule a meeting?"
    "Done."

2014-08-24 15.36.57-2  2014-08-23 17.20.12
    2014-08-24 15.22.00  2014-08-20 12.19.26

Fell in Love: January 2003 
    Married: May 2006
    Baby Girl Born: April 2014
    If you ask me what I came to do in this world, I, an artist, I will answer you: 
    I am here to live out loud!
  • Going straight to youtube to watch FOC. Seriously, its been far too long since I've seen these guys!!
    BabyFruit Ticker mean_girls_35345
  • I hate spring. I am dreading it so much.

SHUN!

It wouldn't be so bad but the wind never.stops.

April '14 Siggy Challenge:

god damn you're so effing cute gifimage

• @avidkeo I totally understand! We totally get the same thing here! (Actually, I think Iceland's population is much smaller than NZ. Right?) Although, sometimes it can be annoying. We (I've lived here 8 years and am a permanent resident, I can say we, right?) usually have bands/musicians that get well known. Then they play their songs on the radio until you want to crush your skull. :-P 
  • Just popping by to explain a couple of vaccine related things..... 

- With the exception of two states (MS and WV) EVERY state will let a child go to school unvaccinated. "Oh, its required for school here" is the biggest vaccine myth ever ever ever ever ever. 
    I went to school in Michigan and VERY clearly remember coming home from school in 6th grade with a note that said if I didn't get X vaccine I wouldn't be able to come to school. I remember because I thought it would be awesome to not get it and not go to school anymore.. I cannot remember what vaccine it was though.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Nxy said:

Just popping by to explain a couple of vaccine related things..... 

- With the exception of two states (MS and WV) EVERY state will let a child go to school unvaccinated. "Oh, its required for school here" is the biggest vaccine myth ever ever ever ever ever. 

I went to school in Michigan and VERY clearly remember coming home from school in 6th grade with a note that said if I didn't get X vaccine I wouldn't be able to come to school. I remember because I thought it would be awesome to not get it and not go to school anymore.. I cannot remember what vaccine it was though.

This was me in high school. I didn't get my third hep B shot in time for the school year bc they had to be spaced out a certain way. I definitely almost ripped up that note hoping for a break from school!

• I think the public school system is a mess, that's it is not conducive to learning for most students, and it makes me kind f sick when I think about having to send my son to kindergarden in less than 3 years.

Most private schools are not much better

This is why I'm giving serious consideration to homeschooling when LO is old enough for that.  Public schools are friggin' ridiculous anymore.

I agree. Public and private schools have really gone downhill, and it seems the core curriculum is ultimately dumbing-down our kids. DD is headed to K next year, and I'm terrified.
  • @katieharpiceland You must loooove Bjork then, amirite? No, seriously, I love her. 
    2014-08-24 15.36.57-2  2014-08-23 17.20.12
    2014-08-24 15.22.00  2014-08-20 12.19.26

Fell in Love: January 2003 
    Married: May 2006
    Baby Girl Born: April 2014
    If you ask me what I came to do in this world, I, an artist, I will answer you: 
    I am here to live out loud!
  • AprilMay9 said:

I'm bored. Can someone start talking about baby showers or something? Someone in June '14 said "I don't get the point of mailing out thank you cards after a shower because you say thank you to their face while opening the gift." And she didn't even get flamed!

Someone said the exact same thing in one of our threads. It wasn't a reg but it got xp'd over on the baby shower board.
    Could've been me. I think I've had a similar UO before.

Married 3.14.09
    DS born 8.20.10
    MC 7.11.11
    DD born 5.24.12
    #3 EDD 4.02.14
  • edited March 2014
    @katieharpiceland You must loooove Bjork then, amirite? No, seriously, I love her. 
    @BiggerinRealLife I think would get to deported if I said anything against Bjork! hehe, joke. She's pretty awesome though!!! Insanely beautiful music which was a MASSIVE part of my college life (along with Sigur Ros). So funny, back then, I never THOUGHT of even coming here. My how life is weird. 

ETA But, Of Monsters and Men can suck it. Can't stand it! :-D
  • It's naive to accept everything a medical professional tells you....I mean, if they told you jumping off a bridge was safe?....get where I'm going with this? 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • avidkeo I totally understand! We totally get the same thing here! (Actually, I think Iceland's population is much smaller than NZ. Right?) Although, sometimes it can be annoying. We (I've lived here 8 years and am a permanent resident, I can say we, right?) usually have bands/musicians that get well known. Then they play their songs on the radio until you want to crush your skull. :-P 
    @katieharpiceland So you mean, like, Bjork and The Sugar Cubes? :)
    Anniversary
    RTT badgeDSCN1111  Isla
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • @jennypenny1014 I'm not sure the other bands have been as successful as Bjork, hehe. However, she has been around a lot longer than most of these other bands that "make it big" outside of Icey-land :-)
  • @jennypenny1014 I'm not sure the other bands have been as successful as Bjork, hehe. However, she has been around a lot longer than most of these other bands that "make it big" outside of Icey-land :-)

Well she actually used to be the lead singer for the Sugar Cubes. :)

I personally love when Kristen Wiig portrayed her on SNL.... "I love you volcano... *giggle*" lmao
    Anniversary
    RTT badgeDSCN1111  Isla
  • @jennypenny1014 Oh yea, I know! And the Sugar Cubes was just a ploy so that they could make some money to produce their own weirder albums. The name of the label they created was Smekkleysa, which means Bad Taste. So, the whole Sugar Cubes on Bad Taste thing was a bit of a joke because they all enjoyed making weird stuff that no one would actually want to buy :-)
  • Ah! Hahaha nice cover! I didn't know that!

My mom's bff LOVED them. I thought they weren't half bady, but I also liked a Japanese band called Pizzacato 5 at the time. Lol
    Anniversary
    RTT badgeDSCN1111  Isla
  • Ah! Hahaha nice cover! I didn't know that! My mom's bff LOVED them. I thought they weren't half bady, but I also liked a Japanese band called Pizzacato 5 at the time. Lol
    Yea, I'm not a huge Sugar Cubes fan. I love me some Icelandic music though. 
    Have you ever seen the video of the Sugar Cubes with a very young Bjork dancing around on stage with a plastic lobster? hehehe...

Weirdness flourishes when you live in a place where people still believe in elves and trolls. (We looked a house when we were buying and this one one of the selling points. There are elves in the back yard!)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"