Breastfeeding

Michelle Duggar makes skim milk?

I was watching 19 kids and counting, and she talks about making skim milk and having to give rice at four months in order for her kids to gain weight because she makes skim milk.  Is that such a thing?  I  looked at my milk and the layer of fat is rather thin, what the heck is skim milk?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Michelle Duggar makes skim milk?

• The fat content in women's milk varies. I wouldn't use the layer you see in pumped milk as a guideline.
    Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Parent of Baby Boy M, born December 2013 Angels: Miscarriage @ 9 weeks, May 2015, Chemical Pregnancy November 2015

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • I don't get it either. :-??
  • Loading the player...
  • I remember reading a long time ago that she never really was able to breastfeed.  She tried, but was never successful.  Maybe this is what she meant?  Huh...weird. 

Compared to full fat cow's milk, breast milk does look more like skim.  Maybe she thinks it should be thicker?

son#1 born 6/2010

son#2 born 4/2012

son#3 born 7/2014

• I remember her pumping like a million ounces of milk for her latest baby (the super premie one) and it was all stored in these deep freezers but the baby had a milk allergy and she had to give it all away.  
  • I thought she stopped nursing previously when she got a BFP.
    Parent of Baby Boy M, born December 2013 Angels: Miscarriage @ 9 weeks, May 2015, Chemical Pregnancy November 2015

• Is she pregnant again? Or was Josie her last baby?
  • She had a second trimester miscarriage after Josie. They are looking into adoption now.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"