D.C. Area Babies

natural-birth friendly hospitals w/ laboring tub in dc area?

I had my first baby naturally in another state, and am hoping for my second to be natural too - however, I've heard that laboring in a tub helps manage the pain of labor, and I need all the help that I can get!  I live in the Alexandria/Springfield area but am willing to travel in the NoVa area to get the birth experience I am hoping for.  Any help would be appreciated!

Answers

• I don't know of any NOVA hospitals that offer birthing tubs. Most have showers you're free to use but if you want to labor and possibly deliver in the tub, GW Hospital is the only one I know of in this area. Their birthing wing has 3 tubs - first come, first serve. 

Alternatively, the two birth centers we have in NOVA have tubs, obviously and you can rent a tub for laboring at home, even if you plan to transition to a hospital for the actual pushing phase. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • ejb23ejb23 member
    edited March 2014
    Inova fair oaks has several rooms with tubs. I ended up with an induction but used the tub before I was confined to the IV and loved it for early pain management.
    Eta. Your midwife / ob can request a tub room ahead of time or you can upon check in but it's first come first serve. I was able to get one then ended up switching to a better one halfway thru.

-My step-daughter is 12 years old.

-BFP #1 on 9/2/12, D&C 10/18/12 no heartbeat on US @ 10 weeks.

-BFP #2 on 1/7/13, R was born on 9/22/13 via C-Section

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • XathXath member
    I haven't delivered there, but Nova Birth Center in Chantilly has beautiful birthing suites with tubs.  https://www.novabirthcenter.com/  
    Lilypie - Personal picture Lilypie - Personal picture Lilypie - Personal picture 
     DS1 - 7/2011, DD 12/2012, DS2 - 4/2014, MMC - 12/2015
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I had my baby naturally at Georgetown hospital last month. They have a few tubs (first come first serve), but I was tethered to the machine for continuous fetal monitoring so I couldn't use the tub. I had an excellent nurse who helped me stay mobile with the birthing ball, different positions, etc. I studied hypnobirthing and my nurse had too. It was a great experience overall.
  • Try Nova birth suites, they are beautiful!
  • The birthing inn at loudoun has a tub in every room in labor and delivery. That's where I had DD and labored in the tub until it was time to push.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"