June 2013 Moms

Is your baby starting to want more variety?

BC&LMBC&LM member
edited February 2014 in June 2013 Moms
When my LO was younger, he didn't seem to care if he played with the same toys over and over again or ate the same food all of the time. But now it seems as though he is starting to want variety. He whines if we give him the same toys he was playing with yesterday but is happy if we give him ones he hasn't played with recently. When he was on antibiotics, the doctor suggested we feed him yogurt with both of his meals (I think to help maintain his gut flora; not sure). He never used to mind plain yogurt, but after having it so often, he now fusses if he gets it every day but will eat it if we give it less often.

So my question is this: have you noticed your baby starting to want more variety in foods, activities, etc.?

Is your baby starting to want more variety? 94 votes

Yes
73% 69 votes
No
21% 20 votes
SS
5% 5 votes

Re: Is your baby starting to want more variety?

• I rotate his toys out now and then. I also recently discovered that he will play longer if he has fewer toys to choose from.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Oh yeah, LO is way more interested in my measuring spoons and a rinsed out coffee can than the expensive baby tiys right now.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Yup! He gets happy with a pot and a wooden spoon and it keeps him entertained for a while.
    He also gets bored eating off a spoon, so i just let him suck it out if the pouch. (i bought one of those sili sqeeze pouches.)

He also wants what we eat, not his food, ever!

• Yeah wires, outlets, xbox controllers, cell phones, tablets, plates, pans, tv remotes, etc. are ALL better options for him than the MANY toys we actually spent money on.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • RIngReadyRIngReady member
    edited February 2014
    Anything in my kitchen. He can play with Tupperware forever, he loves to bang around my wooden spoons and silicon basting brushes. His favorite continues to be his wisk. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"