Lose weight — The Bump
Breastfeeding

Lose weight

I'm EBF and I need to lose some weight due to my HBP. Any tips on what to do. Seems like I'm always hungry. ALWAYS hungry. :-(

Re: Lose weight

• Make sure you are drinking enough water. Thirst can be confused with hunger. If you are eating carbs, pair it with protein. Protein tends to make you feel fuller longer than carbs. Avoid large meals. It more am
    all meals throughout the day.
    Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Parent of Baby Boy M, born December 2013 Angels: Miscarriage @ 9 weeks, May 2015, Chemical Pregnancy November 2015

Lilypie Maternity tickers
    DezignedByFaith[Deleted User]HisChamaoleGirl
  • I've been drinking more water because dehydration became a culprit. I was feeling weak, etc. I still think I need a little more water. I have a 20 oz cup that I fill up about four times a day. And I've found myself wanting more carbs too,
    Chichigo said:

Make sure you are drinking enough water. Thirst can be confused with hunger. If you are eating carbs, pair it with protein. Protein tends to make you feel fuller longer than carbs. Avoid large meals. It more am
    all meals throughout the day.

• Loading the player...
  • I've cut my sugar down to nothing: I've been using Sugar in the Raw. I just started walking more and I use my Wii Fit. Cardio and strength training has helped me in the past. I guess just trying yo curb my appetite is really the battle. LOL
    MosyMama said:

Cut out processed food and sugar. You can eat as much or more and still lose weight when you eat whole/"real" foods. Do you exercise now? Walking daily is good, and maybe some dumbbell strength training. The cardio/strength workout combo worked better for me than cardio alone.

• Avoid very fatty and salty foods. Eat a well-balanced diet of fruits, vegetables, grains and proteins. But avoid some vegetables that may cause your baby to be gassy (cauliflower, cabbage, dishes heavy in onions or garlic) because they pass through the breast milk.

DezignedByFaith
  • Thanks everyone. I've been keeping a check on my meals today. Drinking more water has helped a lot.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards